nice design for a christmas party cake

Started by starshippe, December 12, 2011, 12:07:04 AM

starshippe

we tried this and it worked out pretty good.
   merry christmas, u all.

bill

ßτε

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

ßτε

davidsinn

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

RogueLeader

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on December 12, 2011, 12:28:34 AM
I spy the triangle thing! >:D

It's ok. It's the proper one. It looks good enough to eat.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

starshippe

we tried to market it thru vanguard, but they never returned the sample....
   i was going to use the pic below, but decided against it. before i realized what i was seeing, i thought the wife, on the right, had added a blade to our emblem.

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

jimmydeanno

The CAP emblem may generally be used on (also see Table 1):
1) Corporate aircraft (as prescribed by CAPR 66-1 and any other directive or policy letters as issued).
2) Member–owned vehicles used for CAP business upon written approval of the wing or region commander as
appropriate. Such approval will be granted only where its use would reflect favorably upon CAP.
3) Privately-owned equipment.
4) CAP-owned or privately-owned equipment where use of the CAP seal is not authorized.
5) Posters and other items used in CAP displays.
6) All official CAP web pages (through squadron level).
7) Official invitations, greetings, and programs at National, regional, and wing levels.
8) All official CAP and personal stationary, signs, and business cards.
9) Unit informational materials.
10) Wing certificates and scrolls.
11) Insignia, jewelry, and similar articles when specifically authorized by NHQ CAP/XPP.
e. Any unit unique item such as coins, mugs, brochures, etc., containing the name, seal or emblem must be approved
by the region or wing commander. Once approval is received, the initiating commander must contact the National Curator to
determine if a sample should be placed in the National archives.

Let's count the number of regulation violations that cake is!  Not to mention that I don't see the people serving it wearing gloves, or hair nets.  You probably used Red #40, which the State of California has labeled as a carcinogen, and which some of our cadets may have allergies to.  Is the frosting butter cream?  Is it organic?  What about our members who have gluten intolerance.

This cake was a bad idea, all around.  If only our members would think sometimes before they do things.

[note] In case the intense sarcasm wasn't readily identifiable, well done on the cake, it looks pretty good![/note]
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Spaceman3750

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 12, 2011, 01:56:57 AM
1) Corporate aircraft (as prescribed by CAPR 66-1 and any other directive or policy letters as issued).
2) Member–owned vehicles used for CAP business upon written approval of the wing or region commander as
appropriate. Such approval will be granted only where its use would reflect favorably upon CAP.
4) CAP-owned or privately-owned equipment where use of the CAP seal is not authorized.
7) Official invitations, greetings, and programs at National, regional, and wing levels.
11) Insignia, jewelry, and similar articles when specifically authorized by NHQ CAP/XPP.
e. Any unit unique item such as coins, mugs, brochures, etc., containing the name, seal or emblem must be approved
by the region or wing commander. Once approval is received, the initiating commander must contact the National Curator to

Let's count the number of regulation violations that cake is!  Not to mention that I don't see the people serving it wearing gloves, or hair nets.  You probably used Red #40, which the State of California has labeled as a carcinogen, and which some of our cadets may have allergies to.  Is the frosting butter cream?  Is it organic?  What about our members who have gluten intolerance.

This cake was a bad idea, all around.  If only our members would think sometimes before they do things.

[note] In case the intense sarcasm wasn't readily identifiable, well done on the cake, it looks pretty good![/note]

No no no, look at the cake. It's CLEARLY red #38. That's only a carcinogen in Belize.

SarDragon

Nah, Red #2 is the nasty stuff, and it was banned way back in 1976. You're safe.  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

brenaud

I'm just glad mine wasn't the only sick mind to immediately think of R900-2.  Technically it could fall under (e), although I'm not sure the National Curator should archive a slice....
WILLIAM A. RENAUD, Lt Col, CAP
TNWG Director of Personnel & Administration
GRW #2699

Jill

Was this cake for your Squadrons Holiday Party?

a2capt

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 12, 2011, 01:56:57 AMLet's count the number of regulation violations that cake is!  Not to mention that I don't see the people serving it wearing gloves, or hair nets.  You probably used Red #40, which the State of California has labeled as a carcinogen, and which some of our cadets may have allergies to.  Is the frosting butter cream?  Is it organic?  What about our members who have gluten intolerance.
Okay, this takes the cake.

coudano

QuoteLet's count the number of regulation violations that cake is! 

QUICK!!! Destroy the evidence!!!!

(I know NOTHING!)

starshippe

lmao, excellent post, jimmy.
   i think theres a small slice left that we can freeze and send to the national archives.
   the (spice) cake was very well received. i think it has become a tradition in its first year.

thanks all,
bill

Persona non grata

I just emailed customer service at VG and asked if they made cakes ;D
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: coudano on December 12, 2011, 04:21:33 AM
QUICK!!! Destroy the evidence!!!!

I'd volunteer to help with the evidence, but then I'd be farther from my goal to wear blues again.

Yes. Yes you can turn any topic in CT to uniforms  >:D 8)

RogueLeader

Quote from: Jill on December 12, 2011, 03:31:21 AM

Nope. Squadron Christmas Party.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: RogueLeader on December 12, 2011, 06:01:59 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Google "chafee tree"

RogueLeader

Quote from: phirons on December 12, 2011, 06:11:23 PM

Google "chafee tree"

Good for them. I have no problem with people having their own celebration, but don't make me combine mine.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

EMT-83

I'm one of the least politically correct persons on the planet, but I can't object to the term "holiday" party when I know that non-Christians are in attendance.

A "holiday" tree? That's just wrong.

PHall

Quote from: RogueLeader on December 12, 2011, 06:49:36 PM
Quote from: phirons on December 12, 2011, 06:11:23 PM

Google "chafee tree"

Good for them. I have no problem with people having their own celebration, but don't make me combine mine.

What, you don't celebrate Festivus?  You heathen!!! :angel:

jimmydeanno

I'm not sure why anyone would be angry about the term "holiday," who's etymology is "Holy Day."  "Happy Holy Days" doesn't sound to me like anyone is leaving out Christmas.

Believe it or not, the winter solstice has been celebrated long before Jesus was born, and the month of December is significant in almost all of the worlds religions.  Christianity is really the late one to the party, and to assume that "December = Jesus" is just downright naive.  People calling things "Holiday Parties" aren't doing it to snub Christians, or take "the Christ out of Christmas," but remember that Christians don't own the holiday season.

Wiccans, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc all have holidays during that period.  Considering that CAP has a diverse membership, comprising all of those religions, it would make sense to have a holiday party.  It would be in keeping with our core value of Respect to do so.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

a2capt

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to.. cry if I want to..

ol'fido

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on December 12, 2011, 02:11:36 AM

No no no, look at the cake. It's CLEARLY red #38. That's only a carcinogen in Belize.

Best of Family Guy - Family "Reporting In" Star Wars Scene
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

SARDOC

We don't have a Christmas Party...We have a holiday party.  We have members in our squadron that subscribe to at least three different religions so we like to include everybody.

Eclipse

Quote from: SARDOC on December 12, 2011, 09:01:55 PMWe have members in our squadron that subscribe to at least three different religions so we like to include everybody.

Is that what those little cards are for?

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Quote from: SARDOC on December 12, 2011, 09:01:55 PM

We don't have a Christmas Party...We have a holiday party.  We have members in our squadron that subscribe to at least three different religions so we like to include everybody.

The OP states in the title that it is a Christmas Party. What you do is not my business.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Spaceman3750

Quote from: ol'fido on December 12, 2011, 08:15:47 PM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on December 12, 2011, 02:11:36 AM

Best of Family Guy - Family "Reporting In" Star Wars Scene

HA ;D.

SARDOC

Quote from: Eclipse on December 12, 2011, 09:09:39 PM
Quote from: SARDOC on December 12, 2011, 09:01:55 PMWe have members in our squadron that subscribe to at least three different religions so we like to include everybody.

Is that what those little cards are for?

Yes, you have to mail them in to get registered and become subscribers

Persona non grata

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 12, 2011, 07:41:47 PM
I'm not sure why anyone would be angry about the term "holiday," who's etymology is "Holy Day."  "Happy Holy Days" doesn't sound to me like anyone is leaving out Christmas.

Believe it or not, the winter solstice has been celebrated long before Jesus was born, and the month of December is significant in almost all of the worlds religions.  Christianity is really the late one to the party, and to assume that "December = Jesus" is just downright naive.  People calling things "Holiday Parties" aren't doing it to snub Christians, or take "the Christ out of Christmas," but remember that Christians don't own the holiday season.

Wiccans, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc all have holidays during that period.  Considering that CAP has a diverse membership, comprising all of those religions, it would make sense to have a holiday party.  It would be in keeping with our core value of Respect to do so.

Never ends.Us Druids never get mentioned ,we are always the ectc.
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........