Having a trouble renewing

Started by C/CMSgt, February 08, 2011, 05:45:19 AM

C/CMSgt

So my brother took a year break from CAP because of some personal issues. He's coming back now and is having a hard time renewing. eServices won't let him do it, any help on how this can be fixed? That would be really awesome...

IceNine

Call NHQ

Or Send in a new application and check.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

MSG Mac

I had the same problem when I tried to come back from  "retirement" status. Seems you have to have your reactivation approved by the Wing and Region Commanders.  Of course this only applied to CAP retirees
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Major Carrales

The Deputy Commander of our unit tried to renew last week...he had issues with e-services and on line renewal.  He was finally able to do it today.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

SarDragon

Online renewal only works within the 90 day window before your expiration date.Once you're past is, the renewal is a mail-in.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ßτε

It depends on whether your brother was a cadet or a senior member.

A cadet cannot renew after a break longer than 180 days. If your brother was a cadet and still meets eligibility  requirements (primarily age), he can rejoin as a cadet. Once the membership is approved, he would be eligible to retain all achievements and awards previously earned. If not, he would not be able to rejoin as a cadet.

If you brother was a senior member, he would have to late renew. To do that he would send 2 years worth of national dues and a new fingerprint card to NHQ CAP/LMMC.

See CAPR 39-2 para 4.2

a2capt

Quote from: SarDragon on February 08, 2011, 08:19:34 AMOnline renewal only works within the 90 day window before your expiration date.Once you're past is, the renewal is a mail-in.
You can actually do it afterwards, too- though unless they *removed* it with the change to the new accounting system that can't support multi-year renewals.

If your membership was expired, your login was directed right to the payment page. Nothing else would work. I've seen it more than once when people who have shown up on Tuesday night, expired- and say  "I didn't know.."  Login right now, and pay, or leave ;-)

Major Carrales

Quote from: SarDragon on February 08, 2011, 08:19:34 AM
Online renewal only works within the 90 day window before your expiration date.Once you're past is, the renewal is a mail-in.

He was a week expired...it was an "e-commerce" issue.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Pylon

Quote from: Major Carrales on February 09, 2011, 06:34:22 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on February 08, 2011, 08:19:34 AM

He was a week expired...it was an "e-commerce" issue.

I think Dave was giving that information for the OP.  Since the OP's situation involves a renewal that is past the 90-day window, new paperwork needs to be filled out and mailed.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

SarDragon

The last time I looked into the issue, a while back, online renewal only worked during the 90 day window ending with your expiration date. This may have been extended for an additional 90 (or 180) days, based on the latest renewal rules. anything beyond that period definitely requires a new Form 12 and FD258..
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret