Amazing Kite flying video

Started by Al Sayre, December 27, 2012, 04:34:35 PM

Al Sayre

Someone sent me a link to this youtube video and I was so amazed I had to share it.  "Romancing The Wind" - Ray Bethell

The guy flying the 3 kites is in his 80s, and he's from Canada. He comes to the Washington State International Kite Festival every year. His skin is like leather as he normally flies with his shirt off. He is deaf, so when he flies we hold our hands up and wave them for applause. He flies 2 with his hands and the 3rd one is attached to his waist. Enjoy!

You must watch to the end to see the amazing landing of that last kite!  I would have those kites so tangled up, you could never get them separated again!  And of course, make sure the volume is turned up because the music is simply wonderful and totally reflects the soaring of the kites.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Ned

Amazing!

(Although it took me a full minute to realize that the snow wasn't part of the video.  Suggest watching it in full screen . . .  ;) )

JeffDG

Quote from: Ned on December 27, 2012, 06:36:17 PM
Amazing!

(Although it took me a full minute to realize that the snow wasn't part of the video.  Suggest watching it in full screen . . .  ;) )
Oh, thank God I wasn't the only one who was wondering where the snow was from under the bright blue sky...