Duty assignment to enter CPFT results

Started by xyzzy, May 24, 2019, 09:40:40 AM

xyzzy

Which duty assignment does a senior member need to be able to enter cadet physical fitness test results in eServices?

NIN

You can find that in eservices, under "Reports" and "Duty Position Access By Application" report

(you can also see what duty positions have access to what applications in eServices via the "Applications By Duty Assignment" report)

What I believe you're looking for (having not done CPFT entries in awhile) is:

HFZ / Data-Entry / Cadet_Programs
Chaplain, Character Development Instructor, Chief of Staff, Commander, Deputy Commander, Deputy Commander for Cadets, Testing Officer, Vice Commander

This would also apply to any assistants in those roles.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

dwb

Be careful, the CPFT/HFZ entry is clunky and buggy and will delete previously recorded scores if you try to enter additional scores on a date when scores have already been entered. It's been reported, and the response from CAP/IT was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like many things in eServices, the HFZ entry was not designed for ease of use in the field, but for ease of coding by CAP's programmers.

TheSkyHornet

At the squadron level—

Chaplain
Character Development Instructor
Commander
Deputy Commander
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Testing Officer

Spaceman3750

Quote from: dwb on May 24, 2019, 01:38:44 PM
Be careful, the CPFT/HFZ entry is clunky and buggy and will delete previously recorded scores if you try to enter additional scores on a date when scores have already been entered. It's been reported, and the response from CAP/IT was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like many things in eServices, the HFZ entry was not designed for ease of use in the field, but for ease of coding by CAP's programmers.

Having two PT scores on a single date and wanting to keep both of them is such a corner case that I probably would have given you the same response.

dwb

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on May 24, 2019, 04:47:54 PM
Having two PT scores on a single date and wanting to keep both of them is such a corner case that I probably would have given you the same response.

We have 153 cadets on the books (which I grant you, is also an edge case). It would be nice to save progress once or twice when poking in 75 CPFT scores. Just in case the browser crashes.

That's what I mean. If you try to incrementally add scores for a lot of cadets, you are batch deleting the incremental saves. Which is the opposite of incremental saving.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: dwb on May 24, 2019, 04:50:08 PM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on May 24, 2019, 04:47:54 PM

We have 153 cadets on the books (which I grant you, is also an edge case). It would be nice to save progress once or twice when poking in 75 CPFT scores. Just in case the browser crashes.

That's what I mean. If you try to incrementally add scores for a lot of cadets, you are batch deleting the incremental saves. Which is the opposite of incremental saving.

Ah, that makes more sense. Still an unusual situation, but a little more sense.

Eclipse

I find it odd that Chaplain and CDI can enter CPFT.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

It was designed for 12 cadets running around a church parking lot.

My unit has 75 cadets. Its clunky at that level.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

LSThiker

Quote from: NIN on May 24, 2019, 06:16:08 PM

It was designed for 12 cadets running around a church parking lot.

My unit has 75 cadets. Its clunky at that level.

I agree. However, if you could change it, then how would you modify it to work for both low number and high number cadet units?  What options would you prefer to see? 

dwb

Quote from: LSThiker on May 24, 2019, 09:19:58 PM
I agree. However, if you could change it, then how would you modify it to work for both low number and high number cadet units?  What options would you prefer to see?

Allow CSV import, because you can poke in results pretty quickly in a spreadsheet. And both Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel make good mobile apps, whereas eServices on mobile is painful.

If it has to be an eServices module, make it easy to tab through the fields, and just tighten up the whole UI so you don't need to do so much scrolling.

Oh, and allow incremental saving without deleting other people's scores. Seriously, what a stupid bug.