Squadron Patches on BDUs

Started by jpnelson82, March 30, 2008, 10:45:04 AM

jpnelson82

The mighty CAPM 39-1 says that squadron patches are worn on the right hand upper chest pocket in place of other patches, that's all well and good. Where I am slightly confused is can a wing change that  from right to left???
Captain Nelson, John P.
SWR-AZ-064 (senior)
SER-GA-116 (cadet)

Mitchell Award 43981
Earhart Award 10643
IACE 2000

nesagsar

I dont know about that one, usualy the comms badge goes on the left. I usually see patches on the lower pockets though.

Eclipse

Quote from: jpnelson82 on March 30, 2008, 10:45:04 AM
The mighty CAPM 39-1 says that squadron patches are worn on the right hand upper chest pocket in place of other patches, that's all well and good. Where I am slightly confused is can a wing change that  from right to left???

No.

"That Others May Zoom"

DC

Quote from: nesagsar on March 30, 2008, 12:50:05 PM
I dont know about that one, usualy the comms badge goes on the left. I usually see patches on the lower pockets though.
The lower pockets? Are you sure, that would be really weird (as well as agains 39-1)...

JayT

Quote from: nesagsar on March 30, 2008, 12:50:05 PM

NCSA and ARM to.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Eclipse

What is says:
Quote from: CAPM 39-1, Page 32 (among others)
Unit Patches are worn on right breast pocket between left and right edges and bottom of flap and pocket. Other badges or patches are worn in accordance with Table 6-4.

And Table 6-4 says:
Organizational (Unit)Patch
...centered on the lower portion of the right breast pocket of BDU or fielduniform shirt or BDU or
dark blue field jacket between left and right edges and bottom of flap and pocket.

There is no mention of upper/lower because there is only one "right breast pocket".

"That Others May Zoom"

mikeylikey

Where should NCSA patches go then?  Because I see some Hawk MTN patches being worn on the pocket, while others are worn in place of where the Wing Patch should be.  Why can't NHQ make it clear?
What's up monkeys?

Eclipse

Quote from: mikeylikey on March 30, 2008, 04:18:22 PM
Where should NCSA patches go then?  Because I see some Hawk MTN patches being worn on the pocket, while others are worn in place of where the Wing Patch should be.  Why can't NHQ make it clear?

NHQ has - the HMRS patches were to be moved to the left breast pocket, and members have to make a choice - you might recall the wailing and gnashing of teeth that occurred when members were told they would have to choose the NCSA, etc., to display.

"That Others May Zoom"

nesagsar

On my uniforms my NESA patch is centered below the seam of the right arm.

ßτε

Quote from: nesagsar on March 30, 2008, 09:45:19 PM
On my uniforms my NESA patch is centered below the seam of the right arm.

That is where the reverse American Flag goes now.

jpnelson82

Quote from: Eclipse on March 30, 2008, 03:48:03 PM

What is says:
Unit Patches are worn on right breast pocket between left and right edges and bottom of flap and pocket. Other badges or patches are worn in accordance with Table 6-4.

And Table 6-4 says:
Organizational (Unit)Patch
...centered on the lower portion of the right breast pocket of BDU or fielduniform shirt or BDU or
dark blue field jacket between left and right edges and bottom of flap and pocket.

There is no mention of upper/lower because there is only one "right breast pocket".

Thanks for reaffirming my faith in the CAPM 39-1's supremacy over the decrees of Wing and Squadron people who say "Here we wear Squadron/Unit patches on the left"
Captain Nelson, John P.
SWR-AZ-064 (senior)
SER-GA-116 (cadet)

Mitchell Award 43981
Earhart Award 10643
IACE 2000

jpnelson82

Quote from: Eclipse on March 30, 2008, 04:23:12 PM

NHQ has - the HMRS patches were to be moved to the left breast pocket, and members have to make a choice - you might recall the wailing and gnashing of teeth that occurred when members were told they would have to choose the NCSA, etc., to display.

just out of curiosity, did the little reddish purple "Ranger" tab get abolished sometime between 2001 and Now? I haven't seen people wearing them, but I have seen the Keystone patch, it's very noticeable
Captain Nelson, John P.
SWR-AZ-064 (senior)
SER-GA-116 (cadet)

Mitchell Award 43981
Earhart Award 10643
IACE 2000

Hawk200

Quote from: jpnelson82 on March 31, 2008, 01:23:58 AM
Thanks for reaffirming my faith in the CAPM 39-1's supremacy over the decrees of Wing and Squadron people who say "Here we wear Squadron/Unit patches on the left"

Sounds like something that the National IG should know about. Could be to your benefit, they might have a few openings soon.

Seems like they're copying the Air Force. Doesn't mean a whole lot when your patches can be seen in near dark.

mikeylikey

Quote from: jpnelson82 on March 31, 2008, 01:28:49 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on March 30, 2008, 04:23:12 PM

just out of curiosity, did the little reddish purple "Ranger" tab get abolished sometime between 2001 and Now? I haven't seen people wearing them, but I have seen the Keystone patch, it's very noticeable

Its all confusing.  NHQ abolished them, then TP said "wear them", nothing in writing though.  Plus in PAWG, the Hawk Patch replaces a members Wing Patch, in direct violation of the Change Letter.  The Uniforms are a mess!  They need stripped of everything but nametapes and aeronautical and duty badges.  (Lets follow the lead of the AF here!!)
What's up monkeys?

winterg

Quote from: mikeylikey on March 31, 2008, 02:36:34 AM
Its all confusing.  NHQ abolished them, then TP said "wear them", nothing in writing though.  Plus in PAWG, the Hawk Patch replaces a members Wing Patch, in direct violation of the Change Letter.  The Uniforms are a mess!  They need stripped of everything but nametapes and aeronautical and duty badges.  (Lets follow the lead of the AF here!!)

I agree.  We really need to nail down this uniform thing.  Wings, for some reason like to go off on their own with some of the [darn]edest uniform changes.  Puerto Rico Ground teams wear black berets, Some wings have Orange T-shirts and don't even get me going on PA!

Uniform should be basic BDU's with name tapes, rank and function badges.  Since we obviously cannot be trusted with bling! (and or multiple patches)  Which reminds me of my other rant that is off topic here.

WE NEED SERIOUS WEIGHT AND GROOMING STANDARDS IN THIS ORGANIZATION!  There, I said it.  Go ahead and flame me.  ;D

davidsinn

Quote from: winterg on March 31, 2008, 10:48:56 PM
WE NEED SERIOUS WEIGHT AND GROOMING STANDARDS IN THIS ORGANIZATION!

We have them they just need to be enforced at all levels.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn