Uniform Supplier of Grey Pants

Started by Major Carrales, November 23, 2009, 08:24:14 PM

RogueLeader

Quote from: Earhart1971 on December 31, 2009, 01:50:45 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 31, 2009, 01:14:34 AM
Quote from: Earhart1971 on December 31, 2009, 01:02:52 AM
...I am tired of the Air Force playing with our Corp Uniform because some Senior goes on a Air Force Base and wears a combination they should not be wearing in violation of Wt rules.

Cite please.

There is absolutely no evidence to back up that this has ever happened, anywhere, or is related to the current situation with the CSU.
Cite what?  Just saw some violations on an Air Force Base last week. CAP members wearing an Air Force Uniform and over the wt requirements.

So what did you do about it?  ask what unit they were from?  talk to their Comander?  if you see a mistake, and know that it is wrong; you are compounding the error by not doing what you can do to fix it.  I saw a Lt. Col. with e Company-grade Service Cap.  I told him, in a polite, helpful manner that he was wrong.  I do not know if he fixed it, but i did what I could.

/drift.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Earhart1971

What did I do. Nothing. I will tell you why. The Person was high on the food chain. I did not need the hassel.  And it does not matter whether its corp or Air Force Uniform.

There are many violations of the weight standard. Its not isolated.

And those Blue BDUs are another excuse for people to walk around and make CAP look bad.

It's many violations, maybe 20% of membership visible at a function.

All of them need to just forget the military uniform and wear a polo shirt.  I think the one Senior got told to dump the Air Force Uniform. Was seen in jeans and just civilian wear later.

SarDragon

Quote from: Earhart1971 on January 04, 2010, 06:02:41 AMAnd those Blue BDUs are another excuse for people to walk around and make CAP look bad.

Are  you saying that we ought to get rid of BBDUs? What are we supposed to wear for a utility uniform if we can't wear the AF-style uniforms?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Earhart1971 on January 04, 2010, 06:02:41 AM
There are many violations of the weight standard. Its not isolated.

And those Blue BDUs are another excuse for people to walk around and make CAP look bad.

It's many violations, maybe 20% of membership visible at a function.

All of them need to just forget the military uniform and wear a polo shirt.  I think the one Senior got told to dump the Air Force Uniform. Was seen in jeans and just civilian wear later.

Some clarifications:

When wearing a non-USAF option, it is impossible for a member to violate H/W standards...because there aren't any.

"Those people" that you refer to with a bit of a gut or fuzz on the face may well be a lot more operationally-inclined than some who have a fresh-out-of-Lackland physique.

What's going to make CAP look worse?  A member who is heavy and/or "fuzzy" for whatever reason who saves a life or someone who can wear the AF-type uniform crisply and perfectly but may not care less about operations (GT, Air Ops, Mission Support, Admin...)?

If you honestly believe that those not falling within your standards of those who should or shouldn't wear the uniform and "just wear a polo shirt," you know the process for taking it up the chain to National.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

RiverAux

Quote from: CyBorg on January 04, 2010, 07:01:53 PM
What's going to make CAP look worse?  A member who is heavy and/or "fuzzy" for whatever reason who saves a life or someone who can wear the AF-type uniform crisply and perfectly
Its not necessarily an either/or situation.  Plenty of fat and fuzzy  people that don't know what they're doing just as there are running around in AF-style uniforms. 

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^^I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

My point was that many of the people who don't fit the H/W standards for the Air Force uniform are productive members of CAP...and the reverse is also true.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011