Cadet Advisory Council Ribbon

Started by rdmcii, September 07, 2007, 09:33:21 PM

rdmcii

With the recent authorization of the CAC ribbon for wear on the Senior member uniform when earned as a cadet, there are some unattended consequences. In my unit we have 3 members of varying ages that have all served on wing CAC. The youngest was awarded the ribbon with bronze star, the middle one the basic ribbon, and the oldest (and former CAC secertary) none at all (the ribbon was authorized for chair and vice chair only in his time). I would presume one would wear the ribbon you were awarded, but it invalidates the very reason for recognition to have three individuals, all with the same service, and two with different recognitions and one with none at all.

Bob

MIKE

Wear as currently authorized... See CAPR 52-16.
Mike Johnston

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: MIKE on September 07, 2007, 09:35:47 PM
Wear as currently authorized... See CAPR 52-16.

Exactimundo... back in my days WIWAC the highest device attached to the CAC ribbon was a silver star for service in the National CAC; bronze star for region CAC service and plain ribbon for wing CAC service. The group chairman and vice chairman, being they were the representatives to Wing CAC wore the ribbon. Only the chairman got to wear the red 'deodorant string' during his or her term of office.

Current rule authorizes wear of the bronze star on the CAC ribbon if you were a representative to Wing CAC. Basic ribbon nowadays is for squadron representatives to group CAC.

<-- former chairman FL WG Group 15 CAC 1980-81 (groups have been realigned since then)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040