Under your flight suit ??

Started by captrncap, August 19, 2007, 01:40:42 AM

Pylon

Quote from: flyerthom on August 19, 2007, 06:57:11 AM
<song> I don't where ye've been me boy, but I see ye've won first prize... </song>

Hahah...  Nice!    I do not wear said blue ribbon under my flight suit.   Just a pair of men's boxers and a black encampment t-shirt.   :D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

CadetProgramGuy

Nothing beats wearing PT shorts and combat boots with your Pajamas....

floridacyclist

Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

JC004

davedove

I'm sorry, all you guys going commando are violating regulations and must be punished.  The regs clearly state that "All appropriate underwear will be worn." with the flight suit.

Unless commando IS the appropriate underwear. ;D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

JC004

Quote from: davedove on August 20, 2007, 02:02:38 PM
I'm sorry, all you guys going commando are violating regulations and must be punished.  The regs clearly state that "All appropriate underwear will be worn." with the flight suit.

"appropriate" sounds pretty open to interpretation to me   :)

Duke Dillio

What's a flightsuit?    ???

Oh is that something them aircrew peeps wear?  Can't tell from under all this mud...

JC004

Quote from: sargrunt on August 20, 2007, 02:55:28 PM
What's a flightsuit?    ???

Oh is that something them aircrew peeps wear?  Can't tell from under all this mud...

yup.  makes me fireproof too!  ::GOES RUNNING INTO A FIRE::  AHHHH!  IT BURNS!!! AHHHH!!!   :'(

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: davedove on August 20, 2007, 02:02:38 PM

Something in a high-rise... mesh, if possible?
Another former CAP officer

Duke Dillio

maybe a lacy thong or negligee under your flightsuit?  BWA HA HA HA HA

Sgt. Savage

Are barbed wire thongs and chainmail boustier's considered appropriate underwear? If not, someone needs to talk to my CC..... :-X

JohnKachenmeister

Is your CC male or female?  That might have a bearing on the content of the discussion.
Another former CAP officer

Duke Dillio

It seems to me that this conversation is rapidly losing altitude...

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Sgt. Savage

In all seriousness (which puts a kink in my style) I wear under armor. Obviously, the grade I wear is suited to the climate. If it's real cold, I may wear Polypro.

MIKE

Polypro etc, kind of defeats the purpose of the Nomex.
Mike Johnston

afgeo4

I'm def against wearing polyester under a flightsuit due to its performance in extreme heat/fire. The stuff's been banned by USAF and other services for those who are more likely to be in a combustible environment. Fuels, firefighters, and aircrew are some of those specialties. Underarmour and others melt upon contact with extreme heat and they melt not just onto your skin, but into it. They are an extreme hazard.

I, personally wear all the same basic stuff as I do under BDUs. Black/Brown t-shirt (cotton), underwear, M-92F, Cerrated K-Bar (USAF survival knives aren't good at killing things), and an oxygen tank (for those "older" members I fly with sometimes).
GEORGE LURYE

Sgt. Savage

Problem I have is that I'm a Ground Pounder. When I enter an aircraft, I think more about what I can survive in when the Yahoo to my left parks this piece of crap on the side of a tree. Cotton is bad survival gear. I go synthetic. That nomex may not burn but it isn't fire proof either.

afgeo4

Rule of SERE #1. Preparing for survival on the ground is useless if you don't survive to make it to the ground safely.
GEORGE LURYE

Major Carrales

Quote from: floridacyclist on August 20, 2007, 01:07:23 PM
GO COMMANDO!

I hate to make this crack about your winning streaks, but please...awe shucks...just file it in one of your drawers.  :P
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454