Main Menu

Hold your horses

Started by NIN, June 30, 2016, 12:50:55 AM

Майор Хаткевич

winterg

Okayish Aviator

Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.

Spaceman3750

Those look great. I need to get in gear and lose those last few pounds to be down a uniform size and switch

Okayish Aviator

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on July 02, 2016, 10:44:18 PM
Those look great. I need to get in gear and lose those last few pounds to be down a uniform size and switch

I'm so happy I'm back in AF height and weight standards. Took some work.... Especially being 6'1", unfortunately my memory on my BDU top size meant I got a slightly larger size than actually fits. Oh well.... Just gotta hem it a bit. By the way, yes I know it's not allowed, and I don't care whether it is or not because I won't be wearing it in public again, but the beret does look pretty nice with these tapes too. Perfect fit I think. *no I'm not posting a picture of it*

Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.

Майор Хаткевич

Yea, so the ABU pockets are definitely wider

Garibaldi

So. Because I was bored on a Saturday, and had finished replacing the ultramarine stuff with the dark blue stuff, I decided to see how hard it would be to "convert" my old stuff to the dark blue. This is with a black Sharpie. Please note, this was an experiment and I'm not condoning or advocating this.

You can still see a little of the ultramarine showing but...close. Silver Sharpie does NOT work to change white.

Again, I was bored.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Luis R. Ramos

Oh no no no no nO NO NO!

You gave too many ideas out... We will find, despite your disclaimers, some enterprising souls in CAP will try just that now.

They will try the big Sharpies to cover the biggest part of the insignia, badge, whatever, then mini-Sharpies for touch-ups...

:'(
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

PHall

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on July 03, 2016, 02:56:10 AM
Oh no no no no nO NO NO!

You gave too many ideas out... We will find, despite your disclaimers, some enterprising souls in CAP will try just that now.

They will try the big Sharpies to cover the biggest part of the insignia, badge, whatever, then mini-Sharpies for touch-ups...

What, are you against Scamguard making obscene amounts of money off the CAP membership? >:D

Stonewall

I think CAP should consider losing the Vanguard contract and go with IRA GREEN out of Rhode Island, theirs military insignia products are so much better.

When the AF changed the AFI to allow a lot of previously unauthorized badges/tabs a year or so ago, I called Vanguard to see about ordering Air Assault for the ABUs, same as how they had them for the BDUs back in the day.  Vanguard told me I would have to order some insane amount like 100 for them to do so, so I blew it off.  I randomly check the MCSS at Andrews just in case they showed up.  I see AF people all the time with a variety of army badges to include the CAB, pathfinder, and air assault, so someone makes them.

Then I go TDY to Lackland in June and there they are, everything from SCUBA bubbles to Air Assault, but they aren't made by Vanguard, they're made by IRA GREEN, https://www.iragreen.com/. 

For y'all folks who want military badges for you new CAP ABUs, it may be worth it to contact IRA GREEN and see if they'll make them in silver on dark navy.
Serving since 1987.

Garibaldi

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on July 03, 2016, 02:56:10 AM
Oh no no no no nO NO NO!

We can figure out who actually did it. They'll be the ones smiling like doofuses in formation from the fumes. And the Sharpie on their hands.

NIN

Quote from: Stonewall on July 03, 2016, 10:37:37 AM
I think CAP should consider losing the Vanguard contract and go with IRA GREEN out of Rhode Island, theirs military insignia products are so much better.

I seem to recall that Ira Green declined to bid due to not being equipped for retail fulfillment the last time the whole thing was out to bid. They were geared toward 100% B-2-B at the time.

No so now.

BTW, Spur will do "silver on midnight blue" military badges like they used to do "white-on-ultramarine".  you have to buy 5, however.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Майор Хаткевич

First time wearing it in the field.

NCRblues

I have to admit, the silver on dark has made the BBDU look really nice and professional.

For the first time in my CAP service I am contemplating getting a set of BBDU.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Майор Хаткевич

No kidding. Best uniform change since I've been a member.

DakRadz

And a way to continue getting use out of my eleventy hundred black shirts!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Very tempted to redo my relatively new BBDUs.
I wonder if dark tapes with the flag would fly?

Garibaldi

Quote from: NCRblues on July 03, 2016, 03:39:57 PM
I have to admit, the silver on dark has made the BBDU look really nice and professional.

For the first time in my CAP service I am contemplating getting a set of BBDU.

Yeah.....me too. Just means more sewing for me as I just finished sewing EVERYTHING new on my regular BDUs.

SMWOG

Is it me or does the cloth MO/MP wings look nothing like the metal wings. The AC wings are not the same wing shape as the other CAP wings. I don't get it!

NIN

Quote from: SMWOG on July 03, 2016, 07:20:58 PM
Is it me or does the cloth MO/MP wings look nothing like the metal wings. The AC wings are not the same wing shape as the other CAP wings. I don't get it!
You don't say
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.