I hate to ask this....

Started by SpookyDude, June 11, 2013, 10:44:34 PM

SpookyDude

But is there any word from the National Uniform Committee yet on a new CAP39-1 revision and uniform combinations?

(Not trying to open a can of worms here....just checking in)  :angel:

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

AlphaSigOU

Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Pylon

It's about 80% done.  It is being actively worked upon right now by a dedicated team of members.  It will be a vast improvement over the current version and it's been a major undertaking for the committee.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

SpookyDude

Quote from: Pylon on June 12, 2013, 03:55:43 AM
It's about 80% done.  It is being actively worked upon right now by a dedicated team of members.  It will be a vast improvement over the current version and it's been a major undertaking for the committee.

Anyone willing to throw us a bone and let us know anything that "may" be included?  :-X

lordmonar

Quote from: SpookyDude on June 12, 2013, 08:55:22 PM

Anyone willing to throw us a bone and let us know anything that "may" be included?  :-X
No.....they got tired of fighting with every Tom, Dick and Harry over pet peeves and empires......so they have been keeping a tight hold on every thing......last I heard (about 3 months ago) the plan was to have something to brief at the national boards.....I don't know if that is before or after it gets sent to CAP-USAF for comment.

So....my guess is nothing until Aug.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Private Investigator

Quote from: SpookyDude on June 12, 2013, 08:55:22 PM

The CAP kilt will not happen, otherwise "TOP SECRET".

BTW, welcome aboard the CAP Talk  :clap:

SpookyDude

Thanks - probably better that way anyway. Just spill the whole thing at once when it's ready and let the chips (and wholly unregulated chatter) fall where they may.  ::)

NorCal21

To be honest, I don't know why CAP-USAF doesn't just sit down, mirror the AF regs with standardized CAP insignia in place of AF on AF-style uniforms. As for the corporate uniforms, who cares. Most who wear 'em usually are polos anyway.

When I say mirror AF regs I mean the AF requires a wing and squadron patch. They shouldn't be optional on CAP because when they are you've got cadets in formation who don't appear uniform. Some have a squadron patch and some don't, etc. I know the myriad of problems associated with it mostly being cost. Heck, I don't know the last time I visited a squadron where there wasn't at least one cadet not wearing the wrong USA patch, or having it on backwards or on the wrong side.

Anyway, mirror the AF but using CAP insignia in place of where the AF goes and there ya go.

Eclipse

Quote from: NorCal21 on June 14, 2013, 12:41:06 AMWhen I say mirror AF regs I mean the AF requires a wing and squadron patch. They shouldn't be optional on CAP because when they are you've got cadets in formation who don't appear uniform. Some have a squadron patch and some don't, etc. I know the myriad of problems associated with it mostly being cost. Heck, I don't know the last time I visited a squadron where there wasn't at least one cadet not wearing the wrong USA patch, or having it on backwards or on the wrong side.

For starters, not all units have an insignia.

As to the corporate sweep - your "who cares" account for 1/4-1/3 or more of the senior membership, and maybe they wear the
golf shirt by you, but it's not "most" by a long shot.

"That Others May Zoom"

NorCal21

Quote from: Eclipse on June 14, 2013, 12:50:28 AM
Quote from: NorCal21 on June 14, 2013, 12:41:06 AMWhen I say mirror AF regs I mean the AF requires a wing and squadron patch. They shouldn't be optional on CAP because when they are you've got cadets in formation who don't appear uniform. Some have a squadron patch and some don't, etc. I know the myriad of problems associated with it mostly being cost. Heck, I don't know the last time I visited a squadron where there wasn't at least one cadet not wearing the wrong USA patch, or having it on backwards or on the wrong side.

For starters, not all units have an insignia.

As to the corporate sweep - your "who cares" account for 1/4-1/3 or more of the senior membership, and maybe they wear the
golf shirt by you, but it's not "most" by a long shot.

I understand not all units have insignia. Nothing is stopping them from creating one. Could be a good leadership test for cadets or others.

My "who cares" comment wasn't meant to be derisive. I was trying to say its not as big of a deal as what the regulations are for the AF-style uniforms. If CAP wants to change to black or khaki trousers or both from the grey fine. There really wouldn't be much that CAP would do to the corporate uniform that would matter to most people as its essentially just civilian clothing anyway. Yes some people would complain that they'd have to buy black trousers now, or a white polo instead of the blue. Either way, my point was that the only regulations that really matter to the vast majority because of such confusion are the AF-style. I say vast majority because ALL of the cadets are affected and most seniors.

NorCal21

Quote from: Eclipse on June 14, 2013, 12:50:28 AM
but it's not "most" by a long shot.

Fine, let me give the caveat that it is MOST based on my experience. I have been to CAP units in FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, IN, IL, CO, AZ, CA, WA and HI. I can, to the best of my memory, count on both hands the number of seniors who wore something other than the golf shirt if they weren't in AF-style uniforms.

That's my experience and that's where the comment came from.

Eclipse

^ What?  Are you talking about low-impact, small squadrons?

That's not remotely true on any larger scale.

You've been in 12 wings and seen less then 10 people total, in anything but a USAF-Style or a golf shirt?

What kind of activities are you participating in?

What about field uniforms, flight suits, more formal occasions?

"That Others May Zoom"

NorCal21

Quote from: Eclipse on June 14, 2013, 01:41:24 AM
^ What?  Are you talking about low-impact, small squadrons?

That's not remotely true on any larger scale.

You've been in 12 wings and seen less then 10 people total, in anything but a USAF-Style or a golf shirt?

What kind of activities are yo participating in?

What about field uniforms, flight suits, more formal occasions?

I'm talking about squadron meetings. I didn't think that I had to specify special activities. Of course people who are flying may be in a flight suit, or at a formal event will be in blues jackets. If I have to provide for every single possible exception to anything I post we'd never get anywhere. The average CAP event is a squadron meeting. In all of those wings, over the last five years, this has been my experience.

Personally, I don't see why my experience would have to jive with yours anyway. No two people are alike, nor would they have the same experience. Regardless of this point, it doesn't change my original point that mirroring AF regs for AF-style uniforms would cut down on the confusion and debate.

Eclipse

I can't argue what you've experienced, but I can tell you that it's not a typical situation in IL, so that calls into question the
where and what of your visit(s) there.

We have a few struggling squadrons with leaders who "can't be bothered", but that doesn't make them typical or allow for them
to be used to make policy.  The successful units have adult leaders in proper uniforms for the duty of the day.

Sometimes that's a golf shirt, but not "typically".

And if we assume it is or was, it is just likely because of the attitude of "who cares" that a lot of members wearing the USAF-styles
exhibit, as if the experience of 1/4-1/3rd of the adult membership was somehow irrelevant or lessor then those who wear the blues.

This just points out, with a bright light, why we need a uniform, not a menu.

Instead of wasting their time with HSO regs and new medical forms, they ought to be addressing that actually important issue.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: NorCal21 on June 14, 2013, 12:41:06 AM
To be honest, I don't know why CAP-USAF doesn't just sit down, mirror the AF regs with standardized CAP insignia in place of AF on AF-style uniforms. As for the corporate uniforms, who cares. Most who wear 'em usually are polos anyway.

When I say mirror AF regs I mean the AF requires a wing and squadron patch. They shouldn't be optional on CAP because when they are you've got cadets in formation who don't appear uniform. Some have a squadron patch and some don't, etc. I know the myriad of problems associated with it mostly being cost. Heck, I don't know the last time I visited a squadron where there wasn't at least one cadet not wearing the wrong USA patch, or having it on backwards or on the wrong side.

Anyway, mirror the AF but using CAP insignia in place of where the AF goes and there ya go.

The only USAF uniform that has a unit patch on it these days is the Flight Suit.

LGM30GMCC

And none of them require the US flag.  ;D

lordmonar

Quote from: LGM30GMCC on June 14, 2013, 05:08:22 AM
And none of them require the US flag.  ;D
No AFSOC and AMC (IIRC) have flag patches on their flight suits. 
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on June 14, 2013, 01:41:24 AM
I saw more than that in the Whites last weekend at our CI.

Майор Хаткевич

My unit has at least 5 every meeting.