Hooray for the CAP Golf Shirt Combinations!

Started by RADIOMAN015, September 30, 2012, 10:11:25 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: LTC Don on October 03, 2012, 07:30:49 PM
Quote from: Devil Doc on October 03, 2012, 03:38:30 PM
Wearing the BBDU's is not as satisfying as wearing the BDU's IMO.

Of course YMMV, but I've grown to appreciate the BBDUs and they are now my preferred weekly uniform since the tighter military grooming standards don't apply, plus you can wear any black footwear and they don't have to be bloused. On the other hand, one can choose to wear them exactly the same as the BDU which is the important distinction here, one is able to choose how the BBDUs are worn.  I like having that option.  8)

Wearing the polo combo is OK in a classroom and/or multi-agency type setting, but I think it's a bit too informal for the weekly unit meeting, especially with cadets in attendance.

I own both BDU/Blues and BBDU/G&Ws. Due to not meeting the weight standard I only wear the BBDU and the G&Ws. If set up right, taken care of, and worn properly, these uniforms can look as sharp as the blues or BDUs.

Stonewall

Quote from: LTC Don on October 03, 2012, 07:30:49 PMOn the other hand, one can choose to wear them exactly the same as the BDU which is the important distinction here, one is able to choose how the BBDUs are worn.  I like having that option.

And this is why I don't care for the BBDU, because you CAN choose.  Uni-form, i.e. one form, should not leave a lot of room for options.
Serving since 1987.

Angus

Quote from: Devil Doc on October 03, 2012, 03:38:30 PM
Wearing the BBDU's is not as satisfying as wearing the BDU's IMO.

Of course YMMV, but I've grown to appreciate the BBDUs and they are now my preferred weekly uniform since the tighter military grooming standards don't apply, plus you can wear any black footwear and they don't have to be bloused. On the other hand, one can choose to wear them exactly the same as the BDU which is the important distinction here, one is able to choose how the BBDUs are worn.  I like having that option.  8)

sometimes that's not the case.  In MAWG we treat them the same as BDU's our Wing Supliment has it fixed so that it when someone is wearing it, it will be worn exactly like BDU's there's no chooosing how to wear them.  Which personally I think is a good idea.  I mean this is made to be an alternative to BDU's so aside from the weight and grooming EVERYTHING should be the same no Column A and Column B
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Eclipse

There's very little more silly looking then someone wearing the BBDU with street shoes, unbloused.

Choice or not, it looks like you just rolled out of bed on an alert or something.  I have the blousing bands sewn into the bottoms
of all my pants so it's not an option for me, anyway.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Quote from: Eclipse on October 03, 2012, 08:33:31 PM
There's very little more silly looking then someone wearing the BBDU with street shoes, unbloused.

Choice or not, it looks like you just rolled out of bed on an alert or something.  I have the blousing bands sewn into the bottoms

You too, eh? I got tired of tying those darn strings and broke down and sewed boot blousers into my pants as well.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Devil Doc

I think everyone should be able to wear BDU's IMO.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Critical AOA

Wearing the polo combo is OK in a classroom and/or multi-agency type setting, but I think it's a bit too informal for the weekly unit meeting, especially with cadets in attendance.

You think it is ok in a classroom with other adult members.  You think it is ok in a multi-agency environment with other adult professionals.  But you don't think it is ok when around the children.  Interesting.   ::)

Sorry but I am not worried about impressing kids.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

AngelWings

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on October 04, 2012, 12:36:36 AM

You think it is ok in a classroom with other adult members.  You think it is ok in a multi-agency environment with other adult professionals.  But you don't think it is ok when around the children.  Interesting.   ::)

Trust me, as a cadet, we don't care what the seniors wear. Unless there is huge brass on it.

SarDragon

You think it is ok in a classroom with other adult members.  You think it is ok in a multi-agency environment with other adult professionals.  But you don't think it is ok when around the children cadets.  Interesting.   ::)

FTFY. Your referring to our youth members as kids or children is offensive.

SMs are required to wear the uniform while "participating in or conducting the cadet program". There is an expectation that SMs meet the requirements of the UOD. Since there is no equivalent cadet uniform matching the golf shirt, BDUs or blues, or the equivalent corporate variation is appropriate.

It's not all about impressing kids our cadet members, it's all about being an example. Some units do far better at it than others.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: Garibaldi on October 03, 2012, 10:54:18 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on October 03, 2012, 08:33:31 PM

You too, eh? I got tired of tying those darn strings and broke down and sewed boot blousers into my pants as well.

Yep, seemed like a simple / logical thing - now they basically blouse themselves.

I actually snipped the thread on the factory ties, and used that to thread in the blousing bands.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Quote from: SarDragon on October 04, 2012, 12:57:10 AM

You think it is ok in a classroom with other adult members.  You think it is ok in a multi-agency environment with other adult professionals.  But you don't think it is ok when around the children cadets.  Interesting.   ::)

FTFY. Your referring to our youth members as kids or children is offensive.

SMs are required to wear the uniform while "participating in or conducting the cadet program". There is an expectation that SMs meet the requirements of the UOD. Since there is no equivalent cadet uniform matching the golf shirt, BDUs or blues, or the equivalent corporate variation is appropriate.

It's not all about impressing kids our cadet members, it's all about being an example. Some units do far better at it than others.

+1. Our seniors that don't interact with the cadets don't tend to wear anything but the polo/gray slacks, while those that do (DCC and Leadership) mirror the cadets.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Stonewall

Quote from: Devil Doc on October 03, 2012, 11:18:35 PM
I think everyone should be able to wear BDU's IMO.

Although I agree with you, as the regulations state right now, if you do not meet the weight or grooming standards, you are not allowed to wear the BDU.

In a different thread you said...

Quote from: Devil Doc on October 01, 2012, 04:04:15 PM
I wear the BDU's, not the BBDU's.

"Integrity first."
Serving since 1987.

Devil Doc

I was trying to stire people up, i dnt wear bdu because of weight, i got to wear bbdus, so I'm thinking of getting a polo for now, i have bdus they are a reminder to loose weight

Former HM3, U.S NAVY

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Stonewall on October 04, 2012, 01:23:02 PM
Although I agree with you, as the regulations state right now, if you do not meet the weight or grooming standards, you are not allowed to wear the BDU.
"Integrity first."

Agreed fully, but I do not understand why, since the Air Force does not wear BDU's any more, does not issue them, and has made the ABU standard throughout all the AD, ANG and AFRES, it is still considered an "Air Force" type uniform.

None of the other armed/uniformed services wear them, except for a small segment of the USCG.

Even most SDF's have gone to the ACU...and the handful of SDF Air units have been permitted to wear the ABU (though not us).
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Stonewall

Quote from: CyBorg on October 04, 2012, 05:31:13 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on October 04, 2012, 01:23:02 PM
"Integrity first."

Agreed fully, but I do not understand why, since the Air Force does not wear BDU's any more, does not issue them, and has made the ABU standard throughout all the AD, ANG and AFRES, it is still considered an "Air Force" type uniform.

Like I said, I 100% agree that the BDU should be "our uniform" since it is no longer used by the military.  Regardless of weight, etc., I think all CAP members should be allowed to wear BDUs.  Unfortunately, this is beyond my (and yours, and Devil Doc's) control, so until something changes, the rules are as they stand today.  If someone does not meet the requirements to wear BDUs but still do, then they are violating policy and their integrity is in question.  It may look like I'm calling someone out, and that's fine, but it was clear to me that he said he was wearing BDUs even though he didn't meet the weight requirements, but then he just posted saying "I was just trying to stire people up."

Just sayin'. 

It's a non-issue.  I'll drop it.
Serving since 1987.

Devil Doc

Ya i agree with cyborg, i baught bdus got the patches, then wore it, was told i cant, bummer,now i gotta find a new gt uniform, or loose 30 pounds
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Stonewall

Quote from: Devil Doc on October 04, 2012, 06:28:04 PM
..or loose 30 pounds

Topic drift, I know, but I'm telling you it's ALL (80%) NUTRITION!!!
Serving since 1987.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Stonewall on October 04, 2012, 06:33:07 PM
..or loose 30 pounds

Unless, like me, you are on prescription medication which has weight gain as a side effect.  It's like pulling teeth to keep the weight off, and before I was on medication I was skinny as the proverbial beanpole.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

AngelWings

Quote from: Stonewall on October 04, 2012, 06:33:07 PM
..or loose 30 pounds

I learned this one the hard way before. I would run 6-7 miles, but I ate horribly. I didn't diet, and my weight kept the same.

His advice is solid and if I were 21 I would owe him a beer or five.

Devil Doc

So Dollar Pizzas, Michellenas Quick Meals, TV Dinner, Ramen noodles, dont count as an diet?
Former HM3, U.S NAVY