Hooray for the CAP Golf Shirt Combinations!

Started by RADIOMAN015, September 30, 2012, 10:11:25 PM

Garibaldi

Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

PHall

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: usafaux2004 on October 02, 2012, 02:04:49 AM
But who will we make fun of now?

I say some pretty goofy stuff now and again...though I think that most of the time it's as obvious as an internet board can be that I'm just being sarky.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

bflynn

Quote from: Eclipse on October 01, 2012, 07:56:24 PMIf you're wearing the flight suit or BDU's, you are wearing the USAF Style uniforms.

Unless they're the blue, CAP Distinctive uniforms. 

I think I stated CAP uniforms were my preference, so why would I wear a green flight suit or camo BDUs?

bflynn

Quote from: Garibaldi on October 02, 2012, 12:55:03 AM
Quote from: ol'fido on October 02, 2012, 12:03:57 AM
Once more RM drops the stink bomb and sets back to watch the show. :-X

Not no more. He got caught in his own backdraft

So I missed it.  What behavior did he get banned for, just being negative?

PHall

Quote from: bflynn on October 02, 2012, 06:12:27 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on October 02, 2012, 12:55:03 AM
Quote from: ol'fido on October 02, 2012, 12:03:57 AM
Once more RM drops the stink bomb and sets back to watch the show. :-X

Not no more. He got caught in his own backdraft

So I missed it.  What behavior did he get banned for, just being negative?

A long history of being a PITA.  Plus he even admitted to being a TROLL.

He laid off for awhile after getting a final warning from the Mods and then went TROLL happy this last weekend.

And Mike pulled the trigger on the BanHammer.

Stonewall

Quote from: Devil Doc on October 01, 2012, 01:28:06 AM
I have the G/W and I feel outta place when the Cadets wear there AF Blues, along with the SC and the DC. The only time I fit in is with my BDU's.

This just caught my eye.

You wear grey/whites in lieu of blues, but you wear BDUs?  Did you mean BBDUs?
Serving since 1987.

Angus

Quote from: Stonewall on October 02, 2012, 07:47:50 PM
I have the G/W and I feel outta place when the Cadets wear there AF Blues, along with the SC and the DC. The only time I fit in is with my BDU's.

This just caught my eye.

Could be like me, I meet the Weight and Grooming standard but for field I wear BBDU's but for dress I'm in AF Blues. 

*edited just for gramitical purpose
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

AirDX

Unfortunately what we seem to have here is a few folks actively campaigning against the golf shirt uniform.  Not "uniform", BTW, it IS a uniform, right there in 39-1, just like the blazer, so there's no need for the quotes.  When I go out in the real world, I see... golf shirts.  Just going over what I've seen at events ranging from unit meetings to the state-wide SAREX, the breakdown on senior member uniform wear on a routine basis seems to be:

Golf shirt                 75%
Green Flight Suit     15%
BDUs                         5%
BBDUs                       2%
Blue Flight Suit          1%
AF Blues                    1%
All others (G/W, etc.) 1%

Like it or not, the golf shirt is the de facto uniform of choice in this neck of the woods.  When we interface with non-CAP entities, what do we see? State and county CD is manned by guys in... golf shirts.  Soooo.... what's the problem?  Some perceived need for everyone to look exactly alike?  That doesn't happen even in the AD Air Force.  We had a unit picture taken on Friday, I'll send you a copy if you want to see, and what are we wearing?  Flight suits, ABUs, ACUs, NWUs, civvies, and even whatever shade of green flight suit our LOs from Thailand, Japan, Singapore and Korea wear. 

So with so many of us choosing the golf shirt for our day-to-day wear, I say get over it, it's here to stay, we who wear it are no less valuable and capable in our positions than you are.
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

Stonewall

Quote from: Angus on October 02, 2012, 07:49:35 PM

This just caught my eye.

Could be like me, I meet the Weight and Grooming standard but for field I wear BBDU's but for dress I'm in AF Blues. 

But he's saying he's wearing the grey/whites because he doesn't meet weight standards, but he still wears BDUs. 
Serving since 1987.

Devil Doc

Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Critical AOA

Quote from: AirDX on October 02, 2012, 09:38:26 PM

So with so many of us choosing the golf shirt for our day-to-day wear, I say get over it, it's here to stay, we who wear it are no less valuable and capable in our positions than you are.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Eclipse

Quote from: AirDX on October 02, 2012, 09:38:26 PM

I don't think anyone would care much otherwise.

The issue isn't the uniform, it's a few people who make bizarre assertions about those who wear it or don't wear it, or
try to insinuate people shouldn't wear USAF-style uniforms, etc.

There's also the issue of its equivalency to USAF blues or Aviator whites.  If legalistic arguments about a golf shirt being
the same as a dress shirt with a tie help you sleep at night, good on 'ye, but common sense and the mirror will
never be confused on the issue.

"That Others May Zoom"

Angus

Quote from: Stonewall on October 02, 2012, 10:00:28 PM
Quote from: Angus on October 02, 2012, 07:49:35 PM

This just caught my eye.

But he's saying he's wearing the grey/whites because he doesn't meet weight standards, but he still wears BDUs.

I don't see where the weight standard was mentioned.  Just feeling out of place in grey and whites. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Stonewall

Quote from: Angus on October 03, 2012, 12:57:33 PM
I don't see where the weight standard was mentioned.  Just feeling out of place in grey and whites.

I deduced it from other posts where he's mentioned having to wear gray/whites and didn't like that he couldn't wear his military ribbons. Not a big deal, I was just curious, and he has since confirmed that he meant BBDUs, not BDUs.
Serving since 1987.

Devil Doc

Even though, I agree with other post mentioned, there should be an "Waiver" to be able to wear just the BDU's. This waiver has to be approved by wing, just like an military waiver. Wearing the BBDU's is not as satisfying as wearing the BDU's IMO. Can I get an Heck ya? can I get an Uhn UHn. Can I get an What What. Sorry, I forgot to screw in my screws this mornings.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Stonewall

Back in the day (a Wednesday, by the way), seniors that didn't meet weight/grooming standards were allowed to wear BDUs, but with 2 CAP cutouts on the collar (i.e. no rank).  This was, of course, before the silly BBDU.

Devil Doc, I'm not sure what your situation is as far as weight is concerned; I know you have a service war related injury, but if it is weight that you're struggling with, nutrition alone can make the difference if you need to lose a few pounds.

Darin and I have both shed 30+ lbs in recent years and keep it off.  Mine is a combination of exercise AND nutrition, but I have learned it's roughly 80% nutrition and 20% exercise.  So if it's weight you need to lose, you've got two fellow veterans that can point you in the right direction.  In fact, I've even written 2 (or is it 3?) papers on it for friends and fellow service members, as well as a former CAP cadet of mine.

I can tell you from both personal experience and in-depth research, what you can do to lose a good amount of weight in a very healthy way.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM.
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

No waivers.

Either change the spec or leave it as is.

"That Others May Zoom"

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

LTC Don

Quote from: Devil Doc on October 03, 2012, 03:38:30 PM
Wearing the BBDU's is not as satisfying as wearing the BDU's IMO.

Of course YMMV, but I've grown to appreciate the BBDUs and they are now my preferred weekly uniform since the tighter military grooming standards don't apply, plus you can wear any black footwear and they don't have to be bloused. On the other hand, one can choose to wear them exactly the same as the BDU which is the important distinction here, one is able to choose how the BBDUs are worn.  I like having that option.  8)

Wearing the polo combo is OK in a classroom and/or multi-agency type setting, but I think it's a bit too informal for the weekly unit meeting, especially with cadets in attendance.
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891