Hooray for the CAP Golf Shirt Combinations!

Started by RADIOMAN015, September 30, 2012, 10:11:25 PM

RADIOMAN015

Interestingly, I very recently attended an ICS 400 course sponsored by our wing with National HQ level instructor assistance.

The vast majority of the attendees wore the short sleeve or (some the long sleeve) CAP Golf shirt with the CAP   embroidered CAP seal, including the instructors.   

The first day of the class I wore my g/w's BUT the golf shirt won out so the 2nd day I wore my long sleeve Golf Shirt.  Another one of my squadron members wore the AF blue shirt/pants the first day but wore the golf shirt the 2nd day.

Hooray for the CAP Golf Shirt combination -- The mission base uniform :clap: :angel:
RM     

CAP4117

Oh RM, you crack me up sometimes! You never quit do you?

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

AngelWings

And? It's hard to enjoy cheesecake in anything else but a uniform that expands when your gut grows  ;) (my mom and dad went)

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

NCRblues

I wish I was as cool as RM. That man has the CAP troll market pegged...
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

RogueLeader

When I took ICS 300, the first day I wore bdus. Guess what I wore the second?  You might have guessed it, but if you didnt, it was bdu's.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Persona non grata

Cool story bro...........I hope you will tell it at parties and future wing conferences :clap:
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

ol'fido

Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

RiverAux

While it seems like most of us here (including me) aren't happy about it, RM is basically right in that the people have spoken and the golf shirt uniform is the popular choice of most CAP senior members most of the time.  I'm fully confident that most CAP senior members would be happy to not have a uniform at all and would rather do CAP work in civvies.  That being said, if height/weight requirements were dropped for the AF style uniform I'm fully confident that 95% of CAP members would choose that combination over all others most of the time.  Seeing as how that is unlikely to happen, the rest of us might as well accept that only a few members are going to wear a real uniform (either AF style or CAP).

Eclipse

Quote from: RiverAux on October 01, 2012, 12:19:01 AMthe golf shirt uniform is the popular choice of most CAP senior members most of the time.

Challenge.

No way it's "most" - 50/50 at best, and neer seen in some units, especially those that focus on cadets.

The golf shirt is far more prevelent in the older pilot / base staff crowd.

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

Quote from: RiverAux on October 01, 2012, 12:19:01 AM
While it seems like most of us here (including me) aren't happy about it, RM is basically right in that the people have spoken and the golf shirt uniform is the popular choice of most CAP senior members most of the time.  I'm fully confident that most CAP senior members would be happy to not have a uniform at all and would rather do CAP work in civvies.  That being said, if height/weight requirements were dropped for the AF style uniform I'm fully confident that 95% of CAP members would choose that combination over all others most of the time.  Seeing as how that is unlikely to happen, the rest of us might as well accept that only a few members are going to wear a real uniform (either AF style or CAP).

I think if anything it's not the H/W, it's the price. Polo is much cheaper than an ever changing set of ribbons and badges on G/W or Blues. Even the G/W and blues themselves are expensive and difficult to maintain. Love me my AF style uniform, don't mind the polo's. Whatever works to get the mission done.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Thrashed

I went to the last formal group meeting in blues (that I don't normally wear at meetings). I was one of two in blues.  There were a couple whites. Most everyone was in the polo. I felt out of place. I'm one of those older pilots.  ;)

Save the triangle thingy

Eclipse

Quote from: NCRblues on October 01, 2012, 01:17:13 AMI think if anything it's not the H/W, it's the price. Polo is much cheaper than an ever changing set of ribbons and badges on G/W or Blues. Even the G/W and blues themselves are expensive and difficult to maintain. Love me my AF style uniform, don't mind the polo's. Whatever works to get the mission done.

I've heard a lot of excuses about uniform wear, but among seniors, especially, cost is rarely mentioned.

There's no actual requirment on either whites or blues to constantly change things, or even wear ribbons on the shirts at all.  Further, seniors don't generally radically change their racks more than once a year or so.  Most spend more on coffee in a week then they'd spend on badges and ribbons in a
year.

"That Others May Zoom"

Devil Doc

I have the G/W and I feel outta place when the Cadets wear there AF Blues, along with the SC and the DC. The only time I fit in is with my BDU's.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on October 01, 2012, 12:39:49 AM
Quote from: RiverAux on October 01, 2012, 12:19:01 AMthe golf shirt uniform is the popular choice of most CAP senior members most of the time.

Challenge.

No way it's "most" - 50/50 at best, and neer seen in some units, especially those that focus on cadets.

The golf shirt is far more prevelent in the older pilot / base staff crowd.

I just got back from our wing conference. Friday, I drove up, and wore my polo/golf shirt. For the Saturday sessions, I wore g/w. Wore my blazer to the banquet. Today, I wore  the polo/golf shirt, because I drove home in uniform.  (Today's session lasted until after check-out time, so had nowhere convenient to change.

Each day, I was wearing the predominant combination, so the polo/golf shirt has a strong following here. Even the CP folks were doing the polo/golf shirt today, because of the schedule.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SarDragon

Quote from: Devil Doc on October 01, 2012, 01:28:06 AM
I have the G/W and I feel outta place when the Cadets wear there AF Blues, along with the SC and the DC. The only time I fit in is with my BDU's.

No need to feel out of place. You are wearing the equivalent uniform, and can make that look just as good as the others in their AF gear. I've been wearing it for 13 years now, and have never had any issues with it. We have a bunch of CP folks wearing g/w on a regular basis.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Nothing wrong with the whites at all.

The olympic opening ceremonies / tennis judge uniform?  That's another story.

"That Others May Zoom"

Devil Doc

Quote from: Eclipse on October 01, 2012, 01:46:35 AM

I quess you are refering to the Polo/Golf Shirt Combo?
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Eclipse

Quote from: Devil Doc on October 01, 2012, 01:49:23 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on October 01, 2012, 01:46:35 AM

I quess you are refering to the Polo/Golf Shirt Combo?

No.

"That Others May Zoom"