Main Menu

Blue BDU's

Started by shlebz, August 10, 2011, 01:07:00 AM

SarDragon

Quote from: DakRadz on August 11, 2011, 08:14:24 PM
Quote from: gunnysargentbecekett on August 11, 2011, 07:35:55 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on August 10, 2011, 01:14:29 AM
Yes....in fact cadets who do not meet USAF weight standards are supposed to wear BBDUs.

its the cap weight regulation not the usaf.

SarDragon, if you would do the honors... I can't find a polite way to address the entirety of every post he's made so far.

But Ian? You need to read the rest of the thread first. I already addressed that, in great detail. (I refuse to call him a GySgt)

N00bs get a pass from me until they've made 10 posts. Then it's a PM or two first, before the public drawing and quartering. If you feel compelled to provide your own PM, go for it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DakRadz

Nah, I know the limits of my restraint, and keep my mouth shut if I can't present something in an educational and acceptable manner.

The 10 post rule is good. I'll keep that in mind.

lordmonar

Yes....in fact cadets who do not meet USAF weight standards are supposed to wear BBDUs.

They are the weight standards imposed on us by the USAF.  >:D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Hawk200

There is no "CAP weight regulation." Weight tables are in 39-1, Attachment 1.

Eagle

Anyone know where I can get a cheap set of BBDU's?
C/2dLt Thomas Bracker
Pell City Composite Squadron
Alpha Flight Commander

davidsinn

Quote from: Eagle on August 13, 2011, 12:00:40 AM
You don't want cheap. Cheap ones suck. I know from personal experience. Go to BDU.com and get Propper brand. They are excellent quality and hold color very well.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: davidsinn on August 13, 2011, 12:27:07 AM
You don't want cheap. Cheap ones suck. I know from personal experience. Go to BDU.com and get Propper brand. They are excellent quality and hold color very well.

+1

Eagle

Quote from: davidsinn on August 13, 2011, 12:27:07 AM

Thank you.

Eagle
C/2dLt Thomas Bracker
Pell City Composite Squadron
Alpha Flight Commander

EMT-83

Quote from: DakRadz on August 11, 2011, 08:22:13 PM
Quote from: Mavvrikk on August 11, 2011, 08:17:00 PM
Whats the difference between the two? Besides the color?

Nothing, except that one cannot be worn by those who do not meet CAP H/W and grooming standards. Blue BDUs are Civil Air Patrol-specific, i.e. NOT worn by the Air Force (and according to MIKE, they are different from the Coast Guard's ODUs, which are the same color but have differences).

Basically- If you want to wear Air Force-style uniforms, you have to shave and weigh under a certain amount. And for cadets, you still have to shave regardless.

There's also...

White t-shirts are authorized (but not brown).

Boonie hats are authorized (under certain conditions).

Metal rank can be worn on blue BDU caps.

Mavvrikk

About the weight thing, wouldn't that be against the equal opportunities?

EMT-83

No. Read the regulation.

Mavvrikk

Roger, just wondering.

shlebz

so most cadets just choose not to wear them then i take it?
and wouldnt it look kind of wierd haveing the blue cloth nametape/cap tape/rank (if C/Officer or SM) on the BBDUs? just wondering considering i have never actually seen a cadet wear them before...
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

JC004

What?  Have you never seen this worn at all or something?  Yes, the tapes and insignia fail to match the color of the uniform and it looks silly. 

shlebz

yes, i have seen a couple SMs them, i just never payed close enough i guess. but i have never seen cadets wearign them.
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: JC004 on August 15, 2011, 01:34:01 AM
What?  Have you never seen this worn at all or something?  Yes, the tapes and insignia fail to match the color of the uniform and it looks silly.

I hear people say that all the time. I don't agree. If you care for, take pride in, and wear it right, it looks great. But that's just my opinion, and I HAVE to wear one.

VPI18

Yes, but it was good enough for the Air Force:

davidsinn

Quote from: wilhelm147 on August 15, 2011, 02:22:19 AM

Yes, but it was good enough for the Air Force:

Doesn't mean it doesn't look dumb.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Spaceman3750

I wear the Propper dark navy BBDUs. I think the blue tapes look fine on them, but I also am more concerned with doing whatever my job is while I'm in my uniform that day than the color of my name tape.

Hawk200

Quote from: wilhelm147 on August 15, 2011, 02:22:19 AM
Wow, old blue stripes with a subdued center star. Missile Communications. That field was related to my first AFSC. Long time ago, judging from the uniform, mid to late eighties.