Main Menu

Ground SAR Coin

Started by Pace, November 18, 2010, 05:52:39 PM

a2capt

The web site/link, is here. Use the thread link.

What would postage be, or is that factored into the $10?

+1/2

m981

+3
possibly more, once I show them around.
LTC. CAP
Spaatz
Wilson

biomed441

adamblank

Adam Brandao

Pace

Heads up folks.  Just so no one gets offended from a lack of response from me, my comp is all but dead, and I don't have time to reformat it right now (prolly early next year).  Since I can't respond to replies or PMs from my iPhone, I will have an extremely limited ability to interact on here.  I'll post here when I'm up and running again.  Until then, keep the posts coming (I can still read posts and PMs) so I know just how large of an interest there is.

Honestly, at this point, if my comp was running correctly, I would go ahead with the production, but I want to make sure the demand isn't greater than it appears now (it was when I ran the last batch).
Lt Col, CAP

Turtle1

Marybeth Williams
Major, CAP

CAP277

Stonewall

Quote from: arajca on November 18, 2010, 06:37:10 PM
PS: I was one of the original purchasers.

I was one of the original recipients.  8)
Serving since 1987.

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

321EOD

We would look at 10 or more
Steve Schneider, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets (Retd!)
Thompson Valley Composite Squadron (CO-147)

Major Carrales

Quote from: Pace on November 18, 2010, 05:52:39 PM
There have been enough requests over the last year that I am finally indulging the idea of doing another batch of GSAR coins.  They are 1 3/4" silver with 2-sided color.  Pic below:

I am ONLY trying to determine if there is sufficient interest to justify the cost.  I imagine I would sell these for $10/coin just as I did the last batch in 2006.  There's a catch.  I will be keeping with the same ground rules as last time.  You have to actually have one of the following quals on your 101 card: UDF, GTM (any level), or GBD.  Trainee status is not acceptable.  You must be fully qualified.  If anyone is interested in larger lots (say 50 or more), I will sell at a reduced cost.  My minimum purchase must be 100 coins so I will need assurances from major players (i.e., payment in advance) or perceive enough interest here before I go forward.

If you have any questions, please direct them to me via PM; not here.  If you are not qualified, do not ask.  I will not be making exceptions.  If you are interested in large lots of these coins, I ask that if you are going to sell them please do so only to those who are qualified in CAP Ground SAR as defined above.  If you give them away, then that is your business who gets them.

If you reply to this thread that you are interested, please respond with:
+1
+2
+3
Etc...

If you are willing to commit to a lot of 50 or more coins, please reply via PM with the number you want and we'll work out a price per unit.  Please understand that large quantities will easily be as little as $300 and as large as $1000, depending on how many you want. Members of the original production team always have the option of large lots of coins at cost if you are interested.

Any posts that do not conform to my request will be deleted.  I will not tolerate this thread being hijacked or derailed.

Thanks in advance.

+1

PM details of where to send money order.  I'm UDF, GM3, MRO and MSA.  I have 5 finds, a DR with V for Hurricane Ike and would greatly value this coin!!!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

James Shaw

Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Irishrenegade

SWR-OK-113
Assistant Deputy Commander of Cadets|Information Technology Officer
Is laige ag imeacht as an gcorp í an phian

NY Bred and now in OK

Kojack

TCMajor

Major Kevin N. Harbison, CAP
Major, USA (RET)
Commander
Greater Nashua Composite Squadron

CFI_Ed