Main Menu

Ground SAR Coin

Started by Pace, November 18, 2010, 05:52:39 PM

Pace

There have been enough requests over the last year that I am finally indulging the idea of doing another batch of GSAR coins.  They are 1 3/4" silver with 2-sided color.  Pic below:

I am ONLY trying to determine if there is sufficient interest to justify the cost.  I imagine I would sell these for $10/coin just as I did the last batch in 2006.  There's a catch.  I will be keeping with the same ground rules as last time.  You have to actually have one of the following quals on your 101 card: UDF, GTM (any level), or GBD.  Trainee status is not acceptable.  You must be fully qualified.  If anyone is interested in larger lots (say 50 or more), I will sell at a reduced cost.  My minimum purchase must be 100 coins so I will need assurances from major players (i.e., payment in advance) or perceive enough interest here before I go forward.

If you have any questions, please direct them to me via PM; not here.  If you are not qualified, do not ask.  I will not be making exceptions.  If you are interested in large lots of these coins, I ask that if you are going to sell them please do so only to those who are qualified in CAP Ground SAR as defined above.  If you give them away, then that is your business who gets them.

If you reply to this thread that you are interested, please respond with:
+1
+2
+3
Etc…

If you are willing to commit to a lot of 50 or more coins, please reply via PM with the number you want and we’ll work out a price per unit.  Please understand that large quantities will easily be as little as $300 and as large as $1000, depending on how many you want. Members of the original production team always have the option of large lots of coins at cost if you are interested.

Any posts that do not conform to my request will be deleted.  I will not tolerate this thread being hijacked or derailed.

Thanks in advance.
Lt Col, CAP

arajca

Awesome coins. High Quality. The unit I work with uses them to recognize GTM's and the coin is more coveted than the badge.

PS: I was one of the original purchasers.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

+3

That is a good looking coin.

davidsinn

+1

I'm interested in at least one. Might turn into two.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Angus

Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

BTCS1*

C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Walkman

Майор Хаткевич

What if my quals lapsed due to being away for college?

Otherwise +2, they look great.

Persona non grata

Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

PWK-GT

"Is it Friday yet"

fyrfitrmedic

MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

cap235629

I am not into the whole coin craze but what the heck, +5.
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Spaceman3750

Sgt.Pain

My appologies to being contradictory, but shouldn't this thread be under the market topic?
C/CMSgt. Pain!

Here Ye, Hear Ye, On this great day I make a declaration! A declaration to LIVE FOREVER, or die trying.

FlyingTerp

+2

Looks great.  In for 2!

Sgt.Pain

Do you have a website link or anything? I am personally not interested, but my squadron/wing might be.
C/CMSgt. Pain!

Here Ye, Hear Ye, On this great day I make a declaration! A declaration to LIVE FOREVER, or die trying.

Eeyore

a2capt

The web site/link, is here. Use the thread link.

What would postage be, or is that factored into the $10?

+1/2

m981

+3
possibly more, once I show them around.
LTC. CAP
Spaatz
Wilson

biomed441

adamblank

Adam Brandao

Pace

Heads up folks.  Just so no one gets offended from a lack of response from me, my comp is all but dead, and I don't have time to reformat it right now (prolly early next year).  Since I can't respond to replies or PMs from my iPhone, I will have an extremely limited ability to interact on here.  I'll post here when I'm up and running again.  Until then, keep the posts coming (I can still read posts and PMs) so I know just how large of an interest there is.

Honestly, at this point, if my comp was running correctly, I would go ahead with the production, but I want to make sure the demand isn't greater than it appears now (it was when I ran the last batch).
Lt Col, CAP

Turtle1

Marybeth Williams
Major, CAP

CAP277

Stonewall

Quote from: arajca on November 18, 2010, 06:37:10 PM
PS: I was one of the original purchasers.

I was one of the original recipients.  8)
Serving since 1987.

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

321EOD

We would look at 10 or more
Steve Schneider, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets (Retd!)
Thompson Valley Composite Squadron (CO-147)

Major Carrales

Quote from: Pace on November 18, 2010, 05:52:39 PM
There have been enough requests over the last year that I am finally indulging the idea of doing another batch of GSAR coins.  They are 1 3/4" silver with 2-sided color.  Pic below:

I am ONLY trying to determine if there is sufficient interest to justify the cost.  I imagine I would sell these for $10/coin just as I did the last batch in 2006.  There's a catch.  I will be keeping with the same ground rules as last time.  You have to actually have one of the following quals on your 101 card: UDF, GTM (any level), or GBD.  Trainee status is not acceptable.  You must be fully qualified.  If anyone is interested in larger lots (say 50 or more), I will sell at a reduced cost.  My minimum purchase must be 100 coins so I will need assurances from major players (i.e., payment in advance) or perceive enough interest here before I go forward.

If you have any questions, please direct them to me via PM; not here.  If you are not qualified, do not ask.  I will not be making exceptions.  If you are interested in large lots of these coins, I ask that if you are going to sell them please do so only to those who are qualified in CAP Ground SAR as defined above.  If you give them away, then that is your business who gets them.

If you reply to this thread that you are interested, please respond with:
+1
+2
+3
Etc...

If you are willing to commit to a lot of 50 or more coins, please reply via PM with the number you want and we'll work out a price per unit.  Please understand that large quantities will easily be as little as $300 and as large as $1000, depending on how many you want. Members of the original production team always have the option of large lots of coins at cost if you are interested.

Any posts that do not conform to my request will be deleted.  I will not tolerate this thread being hijacked or derailed.

Thanks in advance.

+1

PM details of where to send money order.  I'm UDF, GM3, MRO and MSA.  I have 5 finds, a DR with V for Hurricane Ike and would greatly value this coin!!!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

James Shaw

Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Irishrenegade

SWR-OK-113
Assistant Deputy Commander of Cadets|Information Technology Officer
Is laige ag imeacht as an gcorp í an phian

NY Bred and now in OK

Kojack

TCMajor

Major Kevin N. Harbison, CAP
Major, USA (RET)
Commander
Greater Nashua Composite Squadron

CFI_Ed

Ed Angala, Lt Col, CAP
Oklahoma Wing/DO

JROB

Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

MikeS

rjacobs

+7

All will go to appropriately qualified individuals.  I'll wait for additional details to be posted and pre-pay if necessary.

Thank you!
Ralph Jacobs, Maj, CAP
COWG

PWK-GT

Okay......do we have enough commitments yet? :-)
"Is it Friday yet"

capchiro

Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

Pace

Hey!!  I'm still alive! 

My computers are still broken so this is the first time in a while I've had the ability and time to post on here.  Due to reasons which would bore you to tears, I am still way too busy at the moment to fix my computers (so I can't organize an order just yet) or deal with the hassle of taking orders and payment and shipping out coins. I am seriously hoping that by mid- to late-Feb at least 1 computer will be up and running and I'll have the time and ability to place the order and get the details out to everyone of how to get one.  I am sorry for the delay, but the same reasons I've been away from CAPTalk have kept me from actively participating in CAP also.  If I do get accepted into grad school, I will not be selling coins between June 2011 - Dec 2013 so if you want one get it now.

If you decide to respond here or via PM, please remember that it will be some time before I can respond again.  For those that have access to my private email, I do have the ability to answer emails via my iPhone.

Once again, I am sorry for the wait and I will post here when I am ready and able to place the order.
Lt Col, CAP

Pace

*BUMP*

My computer is working now, and I've put this off long enough.  I'm planning to place this order next week unless something else comes up. The interest seems to be about 130 coins + 2-3 large lot requests.  Anyone wanting to secure 20 or more coins needs to plan to pay in full prior to the order being placed (what am I going to do with 100 extra coins when I'm not active in CAP or on the forums anymore?)  Without pre-payment, I will not order more than 20 coins per person.  Pre-payment needs to be received by April 28th, 2011, as I plan to place the order that day. PM me to confirm and make arrangements.

For anyone else interested in larger lots, here are the prices per coin:
1-9: $10.00/coin
10-19: $9.50/coin (5% off)
20-49: $9.00/coin (10% off)
50-99: $8.00coin (20% off)
100+: $7.00/coin (30% off)

The original group still has the chance to jump in for any number of coins at cost.

Payment for all orders of 19 coins or less can be made after I receive the coins from the manufacturer.

PM with any questions but please continue to place small orders on this thread.
Lt Col, CAP

Spartan

Hope I'm not too late.  I would be interested in 5 when they become available.

Sapper168

Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

jacob

Senior

+3 coins

Can we pay with  Paypal?

Pace

I'm placing the order today.  Once the coins come in, I'll post more specific details for buying the coins.  I am planning to accept PayPal (preferred) or US Postal Services money orders.

One last note: I never received confirmation for any orders larger than 20 coins.  If you were wanting more than 20 coins, I will still have about 3 more business days to add more coins to the order so get in touch with me ASAP.
Lt Col, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

I hope my +2 are still in from November.

Paypal ready and all. Even have funds so there shouldn't be a fee!

Pace

I have everyone from this thread and PMs.
Lt Col, CAP

Walkman

Pace

Once I physically have the coins from the producer, I'll post specific payment details here.  It may take the company a few weeks to have them made and shipped.
Lt Col, CAP

Walkman

Майор Хаткевич

Are these being made by the good folks in Incirlik?

Pace

No.  My source is more expensive, but from coins I've seen a proportionally better product.  YMMV.  I'm not posting my source because I don't want them to receive a C&D letter from HNQ.
Lt Col, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

No problem, was just wondering.

You know what they say, You get what you pay for.  :D

Mustang

Quote from: Pace on April 29, 2011, 12:20:25 AM
No.  My source is more expensive, but from coins I've seen a proportionally better product.  YMMV.  I'm not posting my source because I don't want them to receive a C&D letter from HNQ.
You'll be lucky if YOU don't get a C&D from NHQ.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Pace

The order was placed weeks ago.  I've been in contact with the company, but the producer is backlogged and has not gotten to this order yet.  I'll update when I know something more.
Lt Col, CAP

Pace

UPDATE:

The coins finally arrived, but I am in Pittsburgh right now and will have to get back on here when I get home and post payment details.
Lt Col, CAP

Pace

Hey guys!  I've been waaay too busy packing and getting everything wrapped up in Louisiana and getting everything ready for grad school in PA to deal with coin orders (I knew that was going to happen when they took so long making them).  I've just been staring at the box of coins for a few weeks now.  While I still dont have the time to deal with the logistics of shipping hundreds of coins yet, I can hock them off in person.  If anyone will be in the Memphis area the next 2 days and wants to buy a coin, let me know and I'll see if I can meet up with you.  Best thing to do is email me directly (dpace84@gmail.com) and include your name and phone number.  I'm heading out that way now and will be leaving Sunday around noon.

Daniel
Lt Col, CAP

CadetHarry

Hi Are you selling them, still I would love to have one or two