What constitutes a "Highly Decorated CAP Officer?"

Started by Major Carrales, September 19, 2010, 11:42:54 PM

arajca

Quote from: RiverAux on September 24, 2010, 07:28:29 PM
Quote from: caphistorian on September 24, 2010, 06:40:57 PM
Personally I don't think that the actual details matter for the Valor Awards. I would only look at the person did or did not receive it.

I have made an impromptu CAP Calculation Table for the Overall program standing and the Decorations standing. This is not a "Official" CAP thing. This is just something I thought of. You can calculate your own and post if wanted or just make a mental note of the number. Just an idea.
Okay, I never want to hear anyone say that I have too much time on my hands ever again.
We'll still say that. You're not the only one who does..

HGjunkie

27 points. Do I get an award for least points value?  >:D
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

James Shaw

Quote from: HGjunkie on September 24, 2010, 07:46:05 PM
27 points. Do I get an award for least points value?  >:D

I havent made one for cadets yet. I will have to wait for my lunch hour next week.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

BillB

Jim it is possible to get both the National Commanders Citation and GRW. There were two GRW programs. One led up to National Commanders Citation which included Air War College, and the 2nd had different requirements for the GRW. It was possible to earn the GRW twice, once under each program.
And nobody seems to know how many Unit Citations there are for Florida Wing including the SER citations.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

James Shaw

Quote from: BillB on September 24, 2010, 09:03:03 PM
Jim it is possible to get both the National Commanders Citation and GRW. There were two GRW programs. One led up to National Commanders Citation which included Air War College, and the 2nd had different requirements for the GRW. It was possible to earn the GRW twice, once under each program.
And nobody seems to know how many Unit Citations there are for Florida Wing including the SER citations.

If anyone feels compelled to, I have no reason to stop them.
Jim Shaw

CAP Producer

Quote from: BillB on September 24, 2010, 09:03:03 PM

No.

As per CAPR 50-17 the Gill Robb Wilson is the highest Professional Development Award that seniors can earn.

The National Commander's Citation is an obsolete award and not supported by current regulations. It has not been part of CAP's Professional Development program for at least 15 years that I know of. In other words current active members cannot earn the National Commander's Citation.
AL PABON, Major, CAP

dogden

David C Ogden, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing, Group IV Commander
GRW#3325

BillB

True the National Commanders Citation can not be earned since 1978, but many of us earned it prior to that. Accodrding to NHQ a couple of years ago, there were five members that completed the GRW under the old program, earned the National Commanders Citation and earned the GRW under the current program. As you can se by my signature, I have two GRW.  As to supported by regulation, check CAPR 39-1 on page 92 for wear of the National Commanders Citation.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Persona non grata

I know they revoke cadet milestone awards if your are 2 B , does the same apply to senior awards like the Wilson?
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

SarDragon

They can revoke them. I'm not sure it always happens.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

caphornbuckle

Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

PHall

caphornbuckle

Quote from: PHall on September 25, 2010, 04:28:59 AM
Quote from: caphornbuckle on September 25, 2010, 04:22:41 AM
175/745...Am I considered "highly decorated"?

Only if you break 1000 points! ;)

Dang!  Just when I thought I could get away with it!  >:D

How about adding ES-earned awards to the system like GT, Pilot, & Observer Ratings?  Those decorate the uniform as well.
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

Patterson

Cool calculator but it does not assign any logic to how many points each item grants.  Example "Highest Cadet Award".  If you got your Spaatz, as compared to someone with just the Mitchell you are more highly decorated. 

Thanks for the fun though!!

James Shaw

Quote from: Patterson on September 25, 2010, 04:46:39 AM
Cool calculator but it does not assign any logic to how many points each item grants.  Example "Highest Cadet Award".  If you got your Spaatz, as compared to someone with just the Mitchell you are more highly decorated. 

Thanks for the fun though!!

I just used the order of precedence as my starting point. The lowest on the list was 1 point and they increased from there up the list. Thos like the leadership were broken down because of the "multiple" possible nature. I tried to make it fairly simple and straight forward since it wasnt anything "formal" just for fun.

I didnt put more points for cadet stuff because when you "crossover" from other programs such as JROTC and such it is not added. If a cadet  earns something in the decoration area then it still applies.

Thats the great thing about the "list". You decide what your awards are and score accordingly. Your points are your to discover.
Jim Shaw

DakRadz

I would love to see one for cadets, sir.

My score- 31. Not bad for 15 months.

P.S. HGjunkie- you have 30 points. Wright Bros., Community Service, NCSA, and encampment.

HGjunkie

Quote from: DakRadz on September 25, 2010, 12:05:03 PM
I would love to see one for cadets, sir.

My score- 31. Not bad for 15 months.

P.S. HGjunkie- you have 30 points. Wright Bros., Community Service, NCSA, and encampment.
Oops. Missed the NCSA.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Major Carrales

I hit 47 on the Chart-Excell Meter...that is about right.  I never considered myself to be highy decorated. (I also entered in the most "humble" interpretation of things)
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787