Who offers the most value-oriented model rocket engine bulk-packs?

Started by ascorbate, November 16, 2008, 09:44:34 PM

ascorbate

Recently, I took on the primary responsibility of planning and conducting a squadron-sponsored model rocketry program in accordance with the guidelines published by HQ CAP. I went looking for bulk educator packs of model rocket engines as a way of keeping the program costs down. While searching the world wide web, I came across Rocket Fun (http://www.rocketfun.com) who offers several different rocket engine educator packs (A8-3, B6-4, B6-0/B6-6, C6-5) for a very reasonable cost. These bulk packs feature igniters, igniter plugs and recovery wadding. Keep an eye out for special offer coupons on their homepage like $10 off a $50 order. Does anyone know of a more economical product in the marketplace than that offered by Rocket Fun?

BTW: I have no personal or business association whatsoever with Rocket Fun. I'm just trying to conserve CAP's precious resources!
Dr. Mark A. Kukucka, Lt Col, CAP
Missions Directorate (A7), MD-001
Carl A. Spaatz Award #569
Gill Robb Wilson Award #3004

Fifinella

Sorry, I don't have time to compare the prices, but in the past I have used: http://www.acsupplyco.com/home.htm for their educational discounts (also offered to CAP squadrons), and for their user-friendliness with CAP-specific pages.  Best of luck!
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Pingree1492

My squadron has used this provider twice, with excellent results (he does offer the educator bulk packs in rocket kits and motors):

www.bellevillehobby.com

I would recommend checking out his website, and getting the part numbers, etc. of what you want to order.  Then actually call him, and tell him you're with CAP, remind him that we are non-profit, and you will probably get a GREAT deal!  (I think he gave us something like 42% off his listed prices)   Also, he has deals on different days, such as Tuesday being free shipping on all phone orders, etc.  But again, you need to order over the phone, and not the website for the deals.

Also, one of our bulk orders of rockets was damaged in shipping, and something like 6 of the rockets in a 12-bulk pack were damaged and not completely usable (though some parts could be salvaged).  I called and asked for a replacement of just the damaged rockets, instead he shipped us another box, overnight, so that we would have it in time for the build (aside from being damaged, the shipment was also a bit late- thank you UPS!), all without charge.

So... I highly recommend him!
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

helper

I've comparison shopped bulk paks and have placed several orders with http://www.hobbylinc.com

I also do a quick recheck each time because of "specials".  My suggestion is to be sure to include shipping and to consider time for delivery by ground. Sometimes it's better to pay a little more for convenience.
Mitchell (pre-number) & Earhart (2144)