Main Menu

Wing Director of AE

Started by Allen, June 04, 2011, 05:02:47 PM

Allen

so my squadreon commander is currently the Indiana wing director of Aerospace............. what does that mean and how does it benefit our squadron
in the words of my squadron commander Major Frank E Merrill "He who sweats learns quickly" :)
C/SrA Dawnyale Allen
GLR-IN-802

EMT-83

I would guess that it means he's really into AE, and your squadron AE program rocks.

Allen

in the words of my squadron commander Major Frank E Merrill "He who sweats learns quickly" :)
C/SrA Dawnyale Allen
GLR-IN-802

davidsinn

Quote from: EMT-83 on June 04, 2011, 05:56:45 PM
I would guess that it means he's really into AE, and your squadron AE program rocks.

And that he's a really cool guy. I've met and worked with Maj Merrill.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

GroundHawg

Im in the same boat, our wing AE is my squadron commander. Our AE is top shelf. He has forgotten more than I can expect to learn. Be a sponge and soak in the knowledge!

Eclipse

Both Squadron CC and Wing DAE are full time jobs which should not be shared by the same person.

Not only do the duties of both require the full attention of the member, doing it this way limits an opportunity for someone else.

"That Others May Zoom"

Al Sayre

^^ Only if someone else wants the job...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

Quote from: Al Sayre on June 21, 2011, 08:28:38 PM
^^ Only if someone else wants the job...

Point taken, but that doesn't really change the dynamic, and double-billeting people is to the detriment of
both situations, and potentially sets up circular reporting structures that cause additional unforeseen consequences.

Wings properly grooming people and managing their CAP careers properly should always have a few people
"in the channel" ready to step up for their key roles.

If I ever find a wing doing the above, I'll let you guys know. 

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

Quote from: Eclipse on June 21, 2011, 08:24:05 PM
Both Squadron CC and Wing DAE are full time jobs which should not be shared by the same person.

Not only do the duties of both require the full attention of the member, doing it this way limits an opportunity for someone else.

How about the wing DCP, DAE AND a squadron commander... is that ok then  ;)
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Eclipse

Quote from: NCRblues on June 21, 2011, 08:47:51 PM

How about the wing DCP, DAE AND a squadron commander... is that ok then

Even worse.

"That Others May Zoom"

Phil Hirons, Jr.

He / she must be independently wealthy and have no other interests outside CAP.

NCRblues

Quote from: phirons on June 21, 2011, 08:52:12 PM

He / she must be independently wealthy and have no other interests outside CAP.

No, he also works a full time job...  >:(
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

JC004

Maybe he is a highly effective leader who has trained a fantastic staff

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: JC004 on June 21, 2011, 11:08:45 PM
Maybe he is a highly effective leader who has trained a fantastic staff

Then I would say some of that staff should step up and take a lead role.

WT

How about Wing DO and Group Commander??

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmydeanno

So, Squadron, Group and Wing CDC/DCP is probably a no-go, too.  Nothing like being the one who is responsible for making sure you're doing things the right way...  ::)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill