Jodies

Started by AvroArrow, August 05, 2008, 03:23:10 PM

Gunner C

Yep, you're right . . . It's ugly.

NIN

Quote from: edmo1 on August 08, 2008, 02:24:21 AM
Apparently old enough to go fight Al Qaeda on a mountain  :D

I'm a big fan of the non killing/fighting jodies for Cadets, specifically ones that are about the Air Force. I really don't think a 12 year old Cadet should be singing about blood and guts and glory as an Army Ranger or whatever else. The closest thing to battle in CAP these days is the fight for the front of the line at the refreshment table.

Oh, come on...  Those are 90% of the FUN!
:)

(Sorry for the late post on this)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Mullins

--On The Mountain (similar to in the jungle etc.)--

One by one we were having some fun on the mountain all day and all through the night hey hey

Two by two we knew what to do on the mountain all day and all through the night hey hey

Three by three we shot at their knees on the mountain all day and all through the night hey hey

Four by four we kicked down the door on the mountain all day and all through the night hey hey

Five by five we took 'em alive on the mountain all day and all through the night hey hey

Six by six we did it just for kicks on the mountain all day and all through the night hey hey

Seven by seven we sent 'em to heaven on the mountain all day and all thought the night hey hey

Eight by eight you just got to hate being on the mountain all day and all through the night hey hey

Nine by nine he stepped on a mine on the mountain all day and all through the night hey hey

Ten by ten let's do it again on the mountain all day and all through the night hey hey

--Sorry, no video :-[
Cadet Senior Master Sergeant Ryan Mullins
        NJ-067 Bayshore Composite
               Bravo Flight Sergent

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: RiverAux on August 07, 2008, 03:13:39 AM
I was wondering if there were any CAP-related ones, but that publication had a bunch. 

Some could use some updating -- one referenced Phyliss Diller for pete's sake.

Cloris Leachman?

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

ol'fido

Quote from: Eclipse on August 06, 2008, 05:23:22 AM
Neither of the above is appropriate for a CAP encampment.
If we did 95% of the cadences we did WIWAC these days, we would be 2b'd. Of course, WIWAC, we had just come out of the Vietnam War and the Cold War was still in full swing. Plus, most of the seniors were veterans of a military that was a lot less PC than the one today. This resulted in a lot of salty cadences for the cadets. In a way, I regret that those days are gone, but I realize that it's a different age today.

One thing I used to think though is that heaven ought to be marching down the street at Volk ANGB on a cool summer evening in July singing cadences as we marched toward the sunset.  :'(
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

BTCS1*

Quote from: olefido on June 13, 2009, 01:49:19 AM
If we did 95% of the cadences we did WIWAC these days, we would be 2b'd. Of course, WIWAC, we had just come out of the Vietnam War and the Cold War was still in full swing. Plus, most of the seniors were veterans of a military that was a lot less PC than the one today. This resulted in a lot of salty cadences for the cadets. In a way, I regret that those days are gone, but I realize that it's a different age today.

One thing I used to think though is that heaven ought to be marching down the street at Volk ANGB on a cool summer evening in July singing cadences as we marched toward the sunset.  :'(

Lemme guess.... Napalm Siticks to Kids?!?!
C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

SJFedor

Quote from: JThemann on August 10, 2008, 02:34:17 PM
Quote from: MitchCat on August 08, 2008, 04:31:58 AM
ah nah, I'm not that old... Another 2 years I would be... with mum's permission.  :D  I basically have no feelings for the lunatics that go out and blow up Iraqi people and US soldiers for their "Holy Jihad for Allah". It's all about money and power anyway, so even their sketchy religious claims are false.  And then these wimpy politicians that are "serving the people" aren't helping things, either, but I don't think you could make a jody like One by One about politicians.  ;D Off Topic! sorry.

Ah, to be young, stupid, and fifteen again.

Being young, stupid, and twenty just isn't the same.

It only gets worse. Being young, stupid, and 23 is just boring now  :(

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

ol'fido

Quote from: BTCS1* on June 13, 2009, 06:10:28 PM
Quote from: olefido on June 13, 2009, 01:49:19 AM

Lemme guess.... Napalm Siticks to Kids?!?!

You hit the nail on the head. Also, Irene and "I wanna be an Air Force Pilot... Plus a few home grown cadences that were probably not PC even then.

" We are Brodsky's raiders. We're raiders of the night....."

Think Clint Eatwood in "Heartbreak Ridge".
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

DC

Quote from: olefido on June 14, 2009, 12:56:59 AM
Think Clint Eatwood in "Heartbreak Ridge".
"Model A Ford and a tank full o' gas...."

Yeah, no.

flyguy06

I love calling cadence and I actually have rythmn too. But Snior members get upset with me when i cal cadences for the cadets. I just want to teach them how to do it

AlphaSigOU

It ain't a true military cadence unless it blisters paint off the walls!

"Up jumped the monkey from the coconut grove..." (And the rest goes quickly downhill...)   :o >:D ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

C/Ssgt Mailloux

heres a joke one.

way up north where the air gets cold,
i blew all my money and lost all my gold,
so how do i make my livin?
by killin the baby seals arp arp!

The women and children hate me, the army will not take me.
so how do  i make my livin?
by killin the baby seal arps arp!    ;D
C/SrA Mailloux.
Alpha Flight Element Leader.
SER-FL-040 Wildcards.

Gunner C

I like the way we did it in Special Forces - NONE!  Cadences were for sissies - if you couldn't self motivate then we didn't need you.

heliodoc

Have to agree with Gunner

Jodies tied along with "movement of troops" was probably THE biggest waste of time and taxpayer money

If somebody can convince some of us that it was "paying attention to detail"  then let me ask why they have lightened up some of the BS crap at Ft Rucker, AL , eh??

That attention  to detail could have been better spent on the firing range or some land nav range..... oh does anybody remember the land nav  range??

I know some of us , Gunner included do.. But today's GPS prone soldier.............

Jodies???  ahhh what a time waster

Gunner C

Ah yes . . . Ft Rucker!  You learn how to be an officer by having a tidy bunk, desk, and wall locker (cube).  That really produces battlefield killers!  ;D

That's two and a half months I'll never get back!  :D

heliodoc

Yep Gunner

More done before 0900 than any civilian  as the ol 1980's Army jingle went

More toilets cleaned, more bunks tidied, more mirrors polished, more floors buffed by buffer aviators, more general janitorial service done before a 0800 at the airfield

Liked the Army, but the jodies and janitorial service were REAL character builders weren't they??

Sgt.Pain

Share your best and funniest jodies here (home made is encouraged). Here's some of mine:

a little mouse
with little feet
was sitting on
my toilet seat
i pushed him in
and flushed him down
and watched that mouse go round and round

-

little kitten,
baby cat.
sitting on,
my welcome mat.
I picked it up,
and made it pur,
then i ripped,
out all it's fur.

-

A pretty lil birdy
With a yellow bill
Was sittin' on
My window sill
I lured him in
With a peace of bread
(All together) And then I smashed his (Clap once on the left foot) little head!

-

I don't know but I've been told,
I don't know but I've been told
Air Force Wings are made of gold.
I don't know but it's been said
I don't know but it's been said
Army wings are made of lead

-

Marcher: 'When I say one now you say two'
Flight: repeat
Marcher: 'When I say Air Force you say Blue'
Flight: repeat
Marcher: 'One!'
Flight: 'Two!'
Marcher: 'Air Force!'
Flight: 'Blue!'
Marcher: 'When I say 3 now you say 4'
Flight: Repeat
Marcher: 'When I say want some you say more!'
Marcher: *Repeats the lines he said above for 1 and 2 then adds '3!'
Flight: '4!'
Marcher: 'Want some!'
Flight: 'More!'
Marcher: 'When I say 5 now you say 6'
Marcher: ' When I say just for you say kicks!'
Marcher: *Repeats the lines said above for 1 2 3 and 4 then adds '5'
Flight: '6!'
Marcher: 'Just for'
Flight: 'Kicks'

You get the jist, for 7 and 8, you say when I say 7 now you say 8, when I say this feels you say great.

for 9 and 10, you say when I say 9 now you say 10, when I say do it you say again

-

Mamma Mamma look at me,
Look what CAP did to me
took away my nike shoes
now i wear my BDU's
took away my PDA
now my girlfriend thinks im gay
took away my Cadillac
now im marchin there and back...

-

How do you fight and how do you kill?
We fight knives and pistols too
What flight is this and who are you?
We are number 1, who the heck are you.

My appologies if this was a bit long... but there's some good ones here!
C/CMSgt. Pain!

Here Ye, Hear Ye, On this great day I make a declaration! A declaration to LIVE FOREVER, or die trying.

Top Dawg

Twinkle twinkle little star
Where'd you get your butter-bar?
Wait don't tell me let me guess
Four box tops and OCS

I also love scaring the senior members who used to be in the military by starting "A yellow bird"
C/Capt Hillman
Cadet Commander,  GA-153

jeders

Try:

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=5707

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=11609

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=884

See that little button at the top that says search, you know, the one with a little magnifying glass? It is your, and everybody's, friend. Use it well young padawan.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

a2capt

Oh please not again.
This is more and more looking like post count material, replying to ones own threads as the first reply. Echoing content that hits mailboxes at least annually, if not much more often.