Main Menu

Powerpoint for Pilots!

Started by ladyreferee, January 15, 2006, 10:54:46 PM

ladyreferee

I'm hoping some talented person here has already done this so I wouldn't have to invent something@!   ;D  I'm giving a presentation to an airport association on Tuesday and am wondering if anyone out there has put together a powerpoint presentation on the benefits for pilots in CAP!  Why should a pilot join, what are the benefits to a pilot specifically, and what could a pilot be able to do in CAP that can't be done as a non-member?  I just found a presentation on the national website for what CAP is, but doesn't address in detail for pilots.  Since I'm not a pilot, I'm at a loss! 

Even if there isn't something yet, how about giving me the answers to these questions! 
Thanks  :D

CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP

Eclipse

Some advice I can give you from just South of your border.

Don't sell CAP in the "Come and fly for free" vein.  For even the most motivated new members, with a plane at their home unit, it will likely be serveral months before they get any seat time (background check, level 1, Form 5, interita), and it is likely 6 months to one year before they can actually do "Free" flying.

I would also avaoid the phrase "Come And Pay" at all costs.

The stress should be on the fact that as CAP pilots they will have direct contact with the movers and shakers in aviation, access to well-maintained, newer aircraft and the potential to play with advanced technology most "civilians" never see (archer, becker, SDIS) and they will be serving their country in uniform.

"That Others May Zoom"

ladyreferee

Thanks for the advice!  I also found the video that our unit received back in Oct at the UCC (forgot about that!).  It has some great little clips on it taken from History Channel, CNN, and explanations of National Cadet Activities, besides what is CAP?
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP