US hiring Air Interdiction Agents

Started by AirDX, January 01, 2014, 10:00:48 PM

AirDX

CBP is looking to hire Air Interdiction Agents.

See the announcement at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/356632000.  More details at: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/customs_careers/air_marine/

This announcement closing date has been extended to Tuesday,  January 21, 2014 or on the day that 1,200 eligible applications are received, whichever comes first.*

Due to the extensive pre-employment screening process, we are actively recruiting to fill future Air Interdiction Agent vacancies within OAM. If you are interested in a career with CBP as an Air Interdiction Agent, we encourage you to apply to this announcement.
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

BHartman007

After reading all that, I still have no idea what they do :o I'm out of a job, too...

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

Spaceman3750

Quote from: BHartman007 on January 01, 2014, 10:52:46 PM
After reading all that, I still have no idea what they do :o I'm out of a job, too...

They fly CBP helicopters to support field operations. Pursuing fugitives from the air, transporting agents to remote locations, etc.

BHartman007

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on January 01, 2014, 11:02:10 PM

They fly CBP helicopters to support field operations. Pursuing fugitives from the air, transporting agents to remote locations, etc.

Hmm. Do you think they'll care that I can't fly a chopper? ;)

Eclipse

File a complaint that they are "discriminating against non-pilots" and you'll probably get hired.

"That Others May Zoom"

AirDX

They fly both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft, and hire pilots accordingly.  According to the brochure on the web site, during 2009-2011 they conducted new-hire evaluations with about 43 fixed-wing pilots, 21 rotary-wing pilots, and 32 dual-rated pilots.   

Spaceman3750

Quote from: AirDX on January 01, 2014, 11:32:11 PM

They fly both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft, and hire pilots accordingly.  According to the brochure on the web site, during 2009-2011 they conducted new-hire evaluations with about 43 fixed-wing pilots, 21 rotary-wing pilots, and 32 dual-rated pilots.   

I guess I didn't know they had fixed wing.

AirDX

Oops, just read this fine print on this announcement:

This announcement is to fill Aircraft (Dual Rating) and Rotorcraft Helicopter positions only.

AirDX

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on January 01, 2014, 11:36:48 PM
Quote from: AirDX on January 01, 2014, 11:32:11 PM

I guess I didn't know they had fixed wing.

They have about a dozen different fixed-wing types from C-182s to Citations to P-3s.

Mustang

Must be under age 40 when hired.  Only the government is permitted to engage in age discrimination.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Flying Pig

You have to have prior sworn LE experience to qualify for this particular recruitment and be dual rated OR an instrument rated helicopter pilot.  So if you are "just" an airplane pilot, it don't cut it :'(....  Oh.... looky here... .I meet all three  >:D

BHartman007

Quote from: Flying Pig on January 05, 2014, 06:08:51 AM
You have to have prior sworn LE experience to qualify for this particular recruitment and be dual rated OR an instrument rated helicopter pilot.

I'm a solo rated student pilot, I've been on several ride alongs, I can play an instrument and I have an RC helo. Sign me up.

Flying Pig

I think you are in.  Where there is a will there is a waiver ;D

PHall

You have to have prior sworn LE experience to qualify for this particular recruitment and be dual rated OR an instrument rated helicopter pilot.  So if you are "just" an airplane pilot, it don't cut it :'(....  Oh.... looky here... .I meet all three  >:D

Now, can you get them to pay for your relocation expenses? >:D

BHartman007

Oh.... looky here... .I meet all three  >:D

QuoteMust be under age 40 when hired.

But do you meet all 4?

Flying Pig

PHall

Rob, here's your real challenge.

Get them to hire you, assign you to the Riverside Air Unit and get them to pay your relocation expenses! >:D

Flying Pig

The deadline was Jan 2 and was extended 3 weeks.  Interesting.......

BHartman007

Quote from: Flying Pig on January 05, 2014, 06:39:29 PM
The deadline was Jan 2 and was extended 3 weeks.  Interesting.......

They're waiting for you.

Flying Pig

They need to close that thing up and get this ball rolling!