Winter 2013-14 Pretty Much Done with it, Thank you!

Started by Eclipse, January 27, 2014, 10:06:45 PM

Luis R. Ramos

Snow?  ???  I wish!   >:(   Had to scrape ice from my windshield and car! New York City...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

a2capt

Visited Kansas City over the weekend .. when I picked up the rental, I found the ice scraper in the back on the floor .. tossed that thing in the trunk behind all the stuff. "Bah, what do I need this for?"

... almost needed it. It snowed on Monday morning, while going to the airport. If it had actually rained I might have had to scrape it off first.

NIN

Quote from: a2capt on April 16, 2014, 05:37:26 PM
If it had actually rained I might have had to scrape it off first.

It rained almost all day yesterday, and then, at some point in the wee hrs this morning, it snowed less than an inch (nuisance snow).

Unfortunately, the snow stuck to the (now frozen on the car) rain and made a "hard to scrape off mess" this morning..

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

a2capt

arajca

Panache

PHall

80 degrees and sunny, a really nice day today here in Southern California.
I'll take smog and earthquakes over blizzards and tornados any day of the week folks. >:D

The14th

It was chilly here in San Antonio for a couple of days this week, but today was back up in the 70s. A couple weeks ago it was pushing 90, so it was a nice cool down.

a2capt

Quote from: a2capt on February 17, 2014, 11:08:40 PM..and I saw someone mentioning a forecast of more coming.

Which means it will be like 80 in Southern California ;)
A year later, give a day .. same thing. Ridiculous Winter in the northeast, and it's been in the mid to high 80's for the last 9 days at the southwestern end..

Quote from: SarDragon on February 18, 2014, 08:09:24 AMOur group is having an exercise this weekend, too. The temperatures are expected to be in the high 70s to low 80s.  ;D 
Also, a year later, and they actually postponed it for later in the month because the weather just wasn't bad/cold enough. I doubt it's going to get any better. Want a Winter Bivouac? Book a charter plane to New York.
http://www.VisitIthaca.com .. says it all.

EDIT: Between Auto-Corrupt and Voodoo cut and paste .. ugh.

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

stixco1

Live near Binghamton NY - went out to dinner for the wives B-day last night. It was -2 with wind chills -25. Plus we have had a snow storm every couple of days for the last few weeks....

Eclipse

Midwest?  Meh - it's winter, it's cold.

Basically 2 snow events, neither enough to complain about (even though I did whine a fair piece about blowing the snow).

"That Others May Zoom"

RRLE

Quote from: stixco1 on February 17, 2015, 12:12:01 AM
Live near Binghamton NY - went out to dinner for the wives B-day last night.

How many wives do you have and why are their birthdays on the same day? Are they twins, triplets etc?

stixco1

Quote from: RRLE on February 17, 2015, 01:27:55 PM
Quote from: stixco1 on February 17, 2015, 12:12:01 AM
Live near Binghamton NY - went out to dinner for the wives B-day last night.

How many wives do you have and why are their birthdays on the same day? Are they twins, triplets etc?

1 wife , 1 ex-wife - birthdays are not the same day. However, the ex wife did join us for the current wife's birthday dinner.

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

Quote from: Eclipse on February 17, 2015, 02:34:28 AM
Midwest?  Meh - it's winter, it's cold.

BBQ'ed in shorts last night - had trouble getting the grill to temp, otherwise, no biggie.

"That Others May Zoom"