Winter 2013-14 Pretty Much Done with it, Thank you!

Started by Eclipse, January 27, 2014, 10:06:45 PM

Luis R. Ramos

Ohhhh, what's wrong with that? A few miles left or right...

:D

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

PHall

Quote from: flyer333555 on January 30, 2014, 11:36:01 AM
Ohhhh, what's wrong with that? A few miles left or right...

:D

Flyer

In that case you live in New Jersey!  It's only a few miles. >:D

bosshawk

In my CAP career, I occasionally ran into an aircrew who would have made that mistake.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

a2capt

I don't know, I see both WI and MI mentioned in those graphics. I was actually looking for others to put more in there.

Garibaldi

Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

!@#$%!  Enough already.

4-6+ inches today, then close to 50° on Thursday.

I have to go out and shovel and throw this water that will be gone in a few days.

!@#$%!

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

I'm enjoying this. So we got a few feet of snow. Makes for great hot cocoa and snuggling weather...

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on February 17, 2014, 09:50:58 PM
!@#$%!  Enough already.

I have to go out and shovel and throw this water that will be gone in a few days.

!@#$%!

I got somewhere in that neighborhood, plus ice, rain/sleet, wind, thunder, and lightning.

Yeah, I'm about done. If I can't get the bike ready for spring soon I'm going to lose my mind (wish I had a garage I would do it this week while it's warmish).

♠SARKID♠

Walkman

Quote from: Eclipse on February 17, 2014, 09:50:58 PM
!@#$%!  Enough already.

!@#$%!

My driveway is about 75 yards long, and I don't own a snow-blower or plow. I'm totes done with winter!

a2capt

..and I saw someone mentioning a forecast of more coming.

Which means it will be like 80 in Southern California ;)

ol'fido

Sometimes it's good to be from the 51st state, Southern Illinois. 50s and 60s the rest of the week.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

EMT-83

Spent a couple of hours yesterday pushing snow back to make room for more tomorrow, and chopping down the piles at the end of the driveway so we can see to get out.

We went to an RV show Saturday and got all fired up about camping season starting in a couple of months. Then reality set back in.

Luis R. Ramos

The other night my car started to accelerate and decelerate without any reason, then after awhile the "check engine" light came on. So I decide to park it on my mechanic's street. When I arrived I was just a tad faster than I wanted to be so I ended up atop a mound of ice on the street, at a 45 degree angle. So I could not back it nor go forward since rocking it did not help. So I thought and what I finally did was take the club lock in two, put the two halves in front of the tires. Did not work. Moved them to behind them. That did the trick. Of course I could have used cat litter and other things, but I did not have them handy.

When the mechanic finished with it I parked the car on Thursday by my house where it has been under a little blanket of snow, with more snow that fell around it. And used public transportation.

So yes, I am fed up with the snow.

This weekend NY Wing is holding a Ground Team training exercise, with all that snow. And I will hold another one, just one day, next Sunday. And I understand there will be another snowfall...

???

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

1 Million years ago, I believe it was a Wednesday, I owned a 78 Tornado and only wanted it for the engine.

Front wheel drive, heavy in the front, and all you care about is being able to drag it home for parts.

Not a "safe" combination.

I wound up running it aground on a big slanted pile of snow - all 4 wheels off the ground, hard on the frame.

We were debating leaving it there until Spring when these two orderlies from the old folks home we were in front
came running out thinking it was an "accident", then picked up rail road ties from the landscaping and
used them as levers to push us off the snow (Big. Dudes).

Good times.

"That Others May Zoom"

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: flyer333555 on February 18, 2014, 02:42:23 AM
This weekend NY Wing is holding a Ground Team training exercise, with all that snow.

Us too. Over 100 people signed up for it. Gonna be a winter madhouse.

SarDragon

Our group is having an exercise this weekend, too. The temperatures are expected to be in the high 70s to low 80s.  ;D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NIN

Quote from: SarDragon on February 18, 2014, 08:09:24 AM
Our group is having an exercise this weekend, too. The temperatures are expected to be in the high 70s to low 80s.  ;D

Came here for Dave's comment. Was not disappointed.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

Quote from: NIN on February 18, 2014, 11:41:57 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on February 18, 2014, 08:09:24 AM

Came here for Dave's comment. Was not disappointed.

Just because he's smart about where to live? >:D