New SQTR / SET Module

Started by Eclipse, January 12, 2013, 08:07:23 PM

Spaceman3750

As I discussed with my wing ESO tonight, I'm having issues entering a prerequisite approval on FLM for one of my cadets. It's missing a box and we can't figure out if my inability to enter an approval is that they've removed CC approval delegation or if it's a bug.

Ticket to NHQ tomorrow...

SarDragon

Well, the Comm part is fixed.  :clap:
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ßτε

An issue that was discovered last night:

When entering completion of IS-700, an evaluator ID is required. But there is no such thing as an approved evaluator for IS-700.

I expect it is the same way for the other IS courses.

disamuel

I'm not a complainer, because I understand that as an organization we have certain limitations on staff and resources. Having said, that I have to say that this is the worst software implementation I have ever seen. The process is incredibly non-intuitive. I am trying to get a member's MO renewed, and there is just no way to puzzle out what the steps are. I am really disappointed as a customer of this implementation . Having used OpsQuals for five years, there is just no way to understand what needs to happen in order to enter a renewal.

What does it mean when there is a green checkmark, and a red "Renewal Task" tag. A green arrow has always meant that a task is complete, but now I can't figure it out.

Now, some tasks, (ICUT, GES, MS) are blue. What does that mean??? There used to be room for two sorties to be listed, now there is only one.

I am stumped and disappointed that this was released for use.

SarDragon

Data entry has been consolidated into one page, instead of two.

Here's what I'm guessing:

Specialties the member has never been qualified have all the tasks listed, and there are two sortie boxes.

Specialties the member has been or is currently qualified in, only show tasks necessary for renewal, and a single sortie block.

I can't find anyone in my unit with an expired qual to look at their SQTR to see how it's laid out.

I didn't see any blue stuff. Got a screen grab?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Spaceman3750

Wow, I just went to an expired qual on one of my guys and that is the most confusing mess I have ever seen. There are fam/prep tasks listed as "renewal tasks", but some aren't (and it's not date-based since the one that's a renewal task is newer than the others), and the entire advanced section is listed as "renewal tasks". Not kosher with 60-3 on my last pass through. Fam/prep isn't required at all at renewal time and the number of advanced tasks to be completed is at the discretion of the SET.

I'm a pretty understanding person myself, but there was nothing wrong with the old way... This is just a mess.

disamuel

Okay, I'll try to post a picture.

Also, now some of the tasks have changed to yellow and show as pending. I confirmed with my CC that she approved the tasks and they are probably now waiting for Wing approval

bflynn

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 24, 2013, 11:27:47 PM
Wow, I just went to an expired qual on one of my guys and that is the most confusing mess I have ever seen. There are fam/prep tasks listed as "renewal tasks", but some aren't (and it's not date-based since the one that's a renewal task is newer than the others), and the entire advanced section is listed as "renewal tasks". Not kosher with 60-3 on my last pass through. Fam/prep isn't required at all at renewal time and the number of advanced tasks to be completed is at the discretion of the SET.

I'm a pretty understanding person myself, but there was nothing wrong with the old way... This is just a mess.

I think maybe a part of it is in understanding what they're doing.  Your basic training and fam stuff is considered core; once you know it, you never get retested on it again.

Other tasks are required for renewal, including a mission.  Those are marked renewal and need to be signed off sometime before they expire for you to keep the qualification.

As I understand it, if you're in the middle of a mission and want it to count for your SQTR renewal, you need to get one of your SETs to watch you do the tasks so they can sign them off as having been done satisfactorily.  Hopefully they're available.  Otherwise, you never renew your SQTR and your qualification lapses.

Eclipse

I noticed they changed the logo from the MAJCOM to the triangle - with the blue background it looks like it is missing something.

"That Others May Zoom"

Flyboy86

Bug list:
1. Mission pop up box spelled wrong "missionn".

2. The grey box before any entry should say "date' not "completed"

3. Status color - Yellow for pending and training , can't see and should be different colors.

4. Once a rating is not approved it never goes back to Training, but training will show on the 101 but only after you resubmit a task.

5. Date field needs to clarity what it means. The "completed" only after you have the rating, "expires" same.
But when you are training there is no real completed thing and when does training ever expire. I know you have 2 yeas to complete training.

6. Date boxes appear when ' Not approved". why?

7. task count wrong sometimes - 31 Tasks Completed / 29 Tasks Required

8. With all green check marks and tasks updated the rating is not moving to be renewed.

Flyboy86

Quote from: ßτε on April 24, 2013, 03:21:20 PM
An issue that was discovered last night:

When entering completion of IS-700, an evaluator ID is required. But there is no such thing as an approved evaluator for IS-700.

I expect it is the same way for the other IS courses.

You should enter you commander ID as this needs to be validated, show him/her your certificate.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: Flyboy86 on April 27, 2013, 02:04:54 PM
Bug list:

3. Status color - Yellow for pending and training , can't see and should be different colors.

4. Once a rating is not approved it never goes back to Training, but training will show on the 101 but only after you resubmit a task.

5. Date field needs to clarity what it means. The "completed" only after you have the rating, "expires" same.
But when you are training there is no real completed thing and when does training ever expire. I know you have 2 yeas to complete training.

8. With all green check marks and tasks updated the rating is not moving to be renewed.
And have you sent this to NHQ/IT?  A lot of good it's doing here.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

bflynn

Quote from: disamuel on April 24, 2013, 10:35:14 PM
What does it mean when there is a green checkmark, and a red "Renewal Task" tag. A green arrow has always meant that a task is complete, but now I can't figure it out.

Now, some tasks, (ICUT, GES, MS) are blue. What does that mean??? There used to be room for two sorties to be listed, now there is only one.

1) The green checkmark indicates that you completed the task.  If all your tasks have green checkmarks, you are qualified.

2) The red Renewal Task is a reminder that if you do not renew this task before the indicated expiration date, your qualification will lapse.  So, just go out and do the tasks.

3) No idea about the blue.  Are these tasks that never expire?

4) There are still two sorties, but they're split up.  Sortie #1 is at the bottom of the page, Sortie #2 is at the bottom of the renewal section.

Luis R. Ramos

Flyboy-

Your number 7 is wrong.

I agree it needs to be worked on, but this means there are some specialties where you could have two or three tasks, any one of those will count.

For example, in the Ground Team 3 you are required to have "either ACUT, BCUT, or ICUT." Any one will count. If you have taken all three then all will be counted for that specialty. Check again.  That is why you see "41 tasks completed / 38 tasks required."

It is confusing, and I would say this needs to be worked on, but I do not see this as a biggie. I can live with this.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Flyboy86

You have a point, still it looks confusing. I would argue the statement is about your progress towards the "required" task list. Doing extra stuff has no bearing on your progress. Source code can fix this as tasks can be added up by category, then not to exceed x, then added together.

Quote from: flyer333555 on April 27, 2013, 08:38:40 PM
Flyboy-

Your number 7 is wrong.

I agree it needs to be worked on, but this means there are some specialties where you could have two or three tasks, any one of those will count.

For example, in the Ground Team 3 you are required to have "either ACUT, BCUT, or ICUT." Any one will count. If you have taken all three then all will be counted for that specialty. Check again.  That is why you see "41 tasks completed / 38 tasks required."

It is confusing, and I would say this needs to be worked on, but I do not see this as a biggie. I can live with this.

Flyer

Flyboy86

Yes, I have sent it in.

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on April 27, 2013, 07:37:14 PM
Quote from: Flyboy86 on April 27, 2013, 02:04:54 PM
Bug list:

And have you sent this to NHQ/IT?  A lot of good it's doing here.

Luis R. Ramos

Quote from: Flyboy86 on April 28, 2013, 06:55:49 PM
You have a point, still it looks confusing. I would argue the statement is about your progress towards the "required" task list...

No, no I agree it is confusing. Although to me there may be other items to fix with a higher priority.

In my case it was having taken ACUT and BCUT. Then NHQ introduced ICUT stating "it is desirable you take it now but your other classes are still valid for X number of years."

Once I realized that I was able to understand. Source code can be changed to ignore earlier versions of the requirement.

After all, they were able to write code in such a way that "either Curry if a cadet, or Level I if a senior member" are not setting off the count for the achievements...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Flyboy86

I see they have made many fixes this morning.
Caught most of my bug list items.

The best part is they changed the header regarding the task completed, now it is much more descriptive.
Initial Achievement: 16 Tasks Completed. 19 Tasks Required

But it still needs some help
Initial Achievement: 25 Tasks Completed. 23 Tasks Required
For this one (IC3) commander recommendation says 0 task required and it is counted, fuzzy math.

They un-flagged CAPT117

Flyboy86

Renewal still don't work, oh well.

Also noticed commander approval for training is absent.

Eclipse

Will have to check, we've got a handful waiting fixes or to open tickets.

I welcome the effort, and we need this no question, but seriously, NHQ still doesn't understand how important UI design is.
They took something which flowed generally like what people saw on paper and made it a confusing mess.

"That Others May Zoom"