Main Menu

ICUT

Started by lordmonar, August 07, 2012, 06:13:09 PM

lordmonar

Just got an E-mail from my wing cc.......ICUT should go live in two weeks (20 Aug)....this is from Jonny Dean at NHQ.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

A notice on eServices now says the same thing.

"That Others May Zoom"

ol'fido

Heard about it last week at encampment.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Extremepredjudice

So do you have to take ICUT or will ACUT/BCUT be grandfathered in?
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Eclipse

Quote from: Eclipse on August 03, 2012, 08:44:53 PM
http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R100_001_162D77B8183A1.pdf

A few key things clarified...

ICUT upgrades:
g. Members who hold a valid ACUT qualification as of the formal  introduction of the
ICUT course will need to take the OP1 section of the ICUT course, IAW paragraph b above,
which is an orientation to the 21st Century CAP Communications system; however, they have
the option of not taking the ICUT sections about operation of VHF-FM radios (T1)  and radio
operating procedures (OP2).   The Learning Management System used for online ICUT
instruction and Ops Quals  are structured to reflect this option.  It is recommended that all
communicators take all sections of ICUT in order to be familiar with the training received by all
members.

"That Others May Zoom"

spacecommand

No info though on BCUT being grandfathered in?  I just spent a Saturday not too long ago taking a BCUT course, with "outdoor practice" and doing different practice scenarios with an evaluator.   

SarDragon

Quote from: spacecommand on August 08, 2012, 03:40:24 AM
No info though on BCUT being grandfathered in?  I just spent a Saturday not too long ago taking a BCUT course, with "outdoor practice" and doing different practice scenarios with an evaluator.   

Quote from: CAPR 100-1, para 5.2.b.b. Members authorized to operate on CAP frequencies on the issue date of this regulation, including for both Communications Program and ES Program, as well as other administrative reasons, must requalify within 3 years by taking the first module of the ICUT course, Orientation to the CAP Communications System, and completing the online test. Completion of the ICUT modules on operation of VHF-FM radios and standard radio operating procedures is optional for those previously qualified for a CAPF 76, Radio Station Authorization.

Essentially, everyone who currently has an ROA will need to upgrade. It would be best to do it ASAP.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

♠SARKID♠

This thing has been the Duke Nukem Forever of CAP.  Lets hope it doesn't faceplant like Duke did when it finally came out.

SarDragon

I'm wondering where it was Beta tested. Sure wasn't in CAWG.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Larry Mangum

Quote from: SarDragon on August 08, 2012, 04:54:45 AM

NESA for the last two years, plus several wings, if I remember correctly.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

jeders

Quote from: SarDragon on August 08, 2012, 04:54:45 AM

So I signed into eServices last night, and noticed the Learning Management System under my restricted apps. So I guess TXWG is part of the Beta. Though since I haven't been told anything officially I'm not sure if I should go ahead and take it or just wait a couple more weeks.

According to the ICUT link in my eServices, if you have ACUT, you have to take module 1 called OP1. If you do NOT have ACUT, even if you have BCUT, you have to take all 3 modules, OP1, T1, and OP2.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Walkman

Even though I have ACUT, I'm thinking of taking the full ICUT course when it's ready. I don't get much time working with comms, so the review for me would be helpful.

Critical AOA

Quote from: Walkman on August 08, 2012, 03:15:56 PM
Even though I have ACUT, I'm thinking of taking the full ICUT course when it's ready. I don't get much time working with comms, so the review for me would be helpful.

I am thinking of doing the same.  To me it is more about knowledge and proficiency than just checking off a box.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

spacecommand

Quote from: SarDragon on August 08, 2012, 03:51:52 AM

Quote from: CAPR 100-1, para 5.2.b.b. Members authorized to operate on CAP frequencies on the issue date of this regulation, including for both Communications Program and ES Program, as well as other administrative reasons, must requalify within 3 years by taking the first module of the ICUT course, Orientation to the CAP Communications System, and completing the online test. Completion of the ICUT modules on operation of VHF-FM radios and standard radio operating procedures is optional for those previously qualified for a CAPF 76, Radio Station Authorization.

Essentially, everyone who currently has an ROA will need to upgrade. It would be best to do it ASAP.

Thanks, but isn't a CAPF 76 a ROA "Radio Operator Authorization"(that's what it says on my card) rather than a "Radio Station Authorization" (RSA?).

SarDragon

That is correct.

From the Forms index online:

F76 Civil Air Patrol Radio Operator Authorization
(Issued by region or wing DCs only)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Walkman

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on August 08, 2012, 03:18:57 PM
I am thinking of doing the same.  To me it is more about knowledge and proficiency than just checking off a box.

Too much too do and not enough time to do it in for me to stay really proficient at everything I'm interested in in CAP. I'll take any remedial train gin I can.

Seriously, if money didn't matter, I'd make CAP my full-time vocation.

Private Investigator

Quote from: Walkman on August 09, 2012, 01:07:25 AM
Seriously, if money didn't matter, I'd make CAP my full-time vocation.

When I retired I did CAP full time or at least a lot. When I got divorced and had to go back to work, it cut into my CAP time.

I play the lottery to finance my bid at being a future Wing Commander   8)

Walkman

Quote from: Private Investigator on August 09, 2012, 09:36:09 AM
When I retired I did CAP full time or at least a lot. When I got divorced and had to go back to work, it cut into my CAP time.

I play the lottery to finance my bid at being a future Wing Commander   8)

*Like*

Larry Mangum

The only reason I would not do all modules for now, is that module 2, reteaches the phonetic alphabet to start and to watch a video of someone going alpha, braveo, charlie, delta..... is a little too much at times.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

Eclipse

We need a subversive movement that teaches the wrong phonetic alphabet:

Lavatorial

Broccoli

Copenhagen

Darkman

Esophagus

Ferrengi

Gulf (not "Golf" and always make a huge deal about the spelling!)

Hardkewl

Inception

Lama

Mortimer

Nickelback

Orangutan

Propecia

Quark

Rotoscope

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Tangerine

Unterseeboote