Boy Scout SAR merit badge

Started by RiverAux, June 07, 2012, 02:21:36 AM

lordmonar

Quote from: RogueLeader on September 28, 2012, 04:47:45 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on September 28, 2012, 04:23:15 PM

We do not discriminate based on  sexual orintation as defined by the DoD policy.

Cite please.

I'm not saying we do, or should, just where is that in the regs?
We follow DoD policy........now sexual orintation is not written into the policy directive.....but the DEFACTO DoD policy is not to discriminate due to sexual orintation.....escpecially after DODT was recended.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RogueLeader

Quote from: lordmonar on September 28, 2012, 09:53:26 PM

We do not discriminate based on  sexual orintation as defined by the DoD policy.

Cite please.

We follow DoD policy........now sexual orintation is not written into the policy directive.....but the DEFACTO DoD policy is not to discriminate due to sexual orintation.....escpecially after DODT was recended.
Again.  Cite please.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Майор Хаткевич

Not just the troll. Doesn't actually know where he's at.

RogueLeader

Quote from: usafaux2004 on September 28, 2012, 10:06:59 PM

As a matter of fact, I know exactly where I'm at.  If there is evidence of what he is saying, then I'd like to see it.  I don't take just flapping gums.  I have a cite saying that sexual orientation is NOT a protected class.  If we are following DoD policy, I'd like to see something from CAP stating we will follow that policy.  Until then, I have to believe that anybody says that it is a protected class, is wrong.

We have to follow our regs, manuals and policies, not just what we think is right.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

wacapgh

Quote from: Cool Mace on September 28, 2012, 05:01:07 PM
This is true according to the text. But I wouldn't want to be the one to try and fight it. I think any member would be dumb to try and discriminate against sexual orientation, IMHO.

Got the best advice a bunch of years ago from the (then) wing legal officer on how to handle these type of questions:

"Call me."

This removes you - local commander - from having to make a Corporate Level decision. It will be run through the appropiate decision makers and you will be advised on what to do.

lordmonar

Quote from: RogueLeader on September 28, 2012, 09:59:17 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on September 28, 2012, 09:53:26 PM

Cite please.

Again.  Cite please.
In my 22 years on active duty I have seen the policy change.....back in the 80's behing a homosexual was a bar for employment, security clearnces, ect.  Now it is not.  Ergo the defacto policy, that is even if it is not written down, is that the DoD does not discriminate based on sexual peference.
On the military side of things....back in the 80's being a homosexual got you kicked out and could get you sent to jail.  Then DADT came out and you gould be a homosexual but you could not get caught being a homosexual....basicly codifying the status quo at the time....it means you could get kicked out but you could not go to jail.  Now with the repeal of DADT homosexuals can serve openly.

Ergo.....they are not discriminated against.  Yep they are not a protected class as defined by law.....but policy is that the are not to be discrimated against.

lordmonar

Quote from: RogueLeader on September 28, 2012, 10:40:12 PM

As a matter of fact, I know exactly where I'm at.  If there is evidence of what he is saying, then I'd like to see it.  I don't take just flapping gums.  I have a cite saying that sexual orientation is NOT a protected class.  If we are following DoD policy, I'd like to see something from CAP stating we will follow that policy.  Until then, I have to believe that anybody says that it is a protected class, is wrong.

We have to follow our regs, manuals and policies, not just what we think is right.
http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/102002p.pdf

RogueLeader

I know about the DoD policy. I was in when it came down the line. Where is a cite, from CAP, that we follow said policy?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

lordmonar

Quote from: RogueLeader on September 28, 2012, 11:50:56 PM
I know about the DoD policy. I was in when it came down the line. Where is a cite, from CAP, that we follow said policy?
That would be CAPR 36-1....which was written before the DOD directive.......and while it does not explictly state CAP follows DoD policy......it does not take a brain surgeon to see that it does imply that we will follow all of DoD's policy.....and I feel certain that if CAP were to discriminate agains homosexuals then the DoD would be forced to pull their funding as defined in THEIR polcy.

So........since I am older than ten and can read a reg enough to keep me out of jail for 22 years on AD.........I again state that it is policy that CAP does not discriminate against people due to their sexual orintation.

If you disagree.....okay.....your wing LO is the place to go for clarification.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: RogueLeader on September 28, 2012, 10:40:12 PM

Sorry didn't see pg3. That was gained at RMlite

caphornbuckle

And what does any of this have to do with the SAR Merit Badge?
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

Critical AOA

Quote from: caphornbuckle on September 29, 2012, 10:09:40 PM
And what does any of this have to do with the SAR Merit Badge?

Because SAR = Sexuality And Religion. 

No?

Sorry....
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Flying Pig

Because some people think the fate of the world revolves around gay rights and never pass up a chance to remind us about it.

Майор Хаткевич

1960s:
Because some people think the fate of the world revolves around black rights and never pass up a chance to remind us about it.

'first they came for...'

Rights are a slippery slope.

Garibaldi

Quote from: usafaux2004 on September 30, 2012, 03:59:35 PM
1960s:
Because some people think the fate of the world revolves around black rights and never pass up a chance to remind us about it.

'first they came for...'

Rights are a slippery slope.

1970s:

Because some people think the fate of the world revolves around women's right and never pass up a change to remind us about it.

It never ends. Causeheads always find something to protest about/for. They find a world threatening issue, and exploit it. For about a week.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

lordmonar

Quote from: Flying Pig on September 30, 2012, 03:35:35 PM
Because some people think the fate of the world revolves around gay rights and never pass up a chance to remind us about it.
One injustice at a time.

wuzafuzz

From the second paragraph in the announcement:
"Scouts will learn the fundamentals of SAR, but the badge will not qualify a young person as a trained searcher. While the BSA seeks to equip young people with relevant and useful skills, the organization stresses that Scouts should never attempt a search or rescue on their own. "

Bravo to Scouting for exposing their members to an important skill set.

EDIT: Oops, I missed pages 2-6 before posting.  Doh!   :o
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."