CAP Congressional Gold Medal Celebration Videos and Information

Started by MisterCD, December 01, 2014, 01:24:05 AM

MisterCD

For those interested, there is now a fact sheet up on the CGM website for use with social media or unit activities:

http://www.capgoldmedal.com/history/fact-sheet/#.VHvC8ckzBlc

Also available are two slideshows of both the veterans and CAP World War II history broadly speaking. They are available on youtube via the following links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNLqxeuPcZs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hnARu2uKW4

Private Investigator

Ohioguard

Nicely done, thank you very much.   :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lt Col Jeffrey Wandell, CAP

AirAux

A few misspellings and grammar errors in the fact sheet.   And then the insinuation that we sank submarines:

Statistics

CAP reported the following to the U.S. military regarding the 18 months of coastal patrol operations:
57 attacks on enemy submarines.

82 bombs dropped against submarines.

173 radio reports of submarine positions.

17 floating mines spotted.

36 dead bodies spotted.

91 vessels in distress spotted.

363 survivors in distress spotted

Dead bodies and survivors would imply that something was hit...  hmmmm??

LSThiker

Quote from: AirAux on December 10, 2014, 02:59:02 PM
And then the insinuation that we sank submarines

Dead bodies and survivors would imply that something was hit...  hmmmm??

Yes, it implies that German U-boats torpedoed US merchant ships. 

AirAux

Considering that the bodies and survivors are mentioned after the fact that we dropped bombs, I think it implies that we actually hit something.  There is no place on that list that notes German U-Boats sank anything.  It is alist of our Patrol activites, not a list of German U-boat activities..

LSThiker

Quote from: AirAux on December 10, 2014, 03:31:21 PM
Considering that the bodies and survivors are mentioned after the fact that we dropped bombs, I think it implies that we actually hit something.  There is no place on that list that notes German U-Boats sank anything.  It is alist of our Patrol activites, not a list of German U-boat activities..

The survivors are mentioned after the 91 vessels in distress.  Following your logic, then the 363 survivors are from those 91 vessels in distress.  However, since those 91 vessels in distress was mentioned after the dropping of bombs, then we are also implying that we put those 91 vessels in distress.  So, apparently, we dropped bombs on US ships as well.

Yes it is a list of our patrol activities, not a list of anti-submarine activities.  Coastal patrols involved more than simply anti-submarine activities.  It also involved searching for vessels in distress and persons in distress.  So, again, the dead bodies and survivors implies exactly as I stated, that German U-boats torpedoed US ships.  While I would agree that moving the 36 dead bodies below the 91 vessels in distress, but those numbers do not imply anything towards sinking any U-boats.

I think your reasoning is clouded so badly that you are grasping at anything to prove a point.

AirAux

I have been told by my distinguished leaders for over 40 years that we sank two German U Boats during WW II so that is my story and I am sticking to it...

THRAWN

Quote from: AirAux on December 10, 2014, 05:15:12 PM
I have been told by my distinguished leaders for over 40 years that we sank two German U Boats during WW II so that is my story and I am sticking to it...

We've also been told by reliable sources about Yetis and the Loch Ness Monster. The source does not make it fact.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Garibaldi

I've been told by reliable sources that I am a sexy demigod, and while it may be true, the truths we hold on to depend greatly on one's point of view.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

James Shaw

Here is the design of the CGM as posted on FB

This would look really good etched in glass
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Private Investigator

The CGM is very impressive.

OTOH I got a "A+" in reading comprehension and somebody else did not.  ::)