Feik Scholarship Numbers

Started by xray328, December 18, 2017, 01:27:06 PM

xray328

It looks like there were only three Mary Feik Scholarships awarded last year.  Is it that competitive or were there a lack of applicants?

Offutteer

It's been two or three each year its been offered, the lists for each year (going back to 2011) are on the main scholarship page,  www.capmembers.com/scholarships.  Since the requirements are lower than the regular flight scholarship, I'm sure that every young lady that applies for the CAP flight scholarship also checks the box for the Feik. 

xray328

I was thinking the opposite, there's far more female cadets that meet the Feik requirements than the requirements for the general flight scholarship.  16, Female, Mitchell....not as many of those compared to Female, 15, Wright Brothers

Offutteer

You somewhat agree with me.  What I said is that the girls that qualify for the CAP Flight Scholarship would simply check the Feik box as well.  Those that wouldn't qualify could also apply, making the number of Feik Scholarship applications far outnumber the actual scholarships that are awarded.  (towards your first question, since only two were awarded, was there a lack of applications (No). 

The scholarships are funded through donations.  I haven't seen a direct request for funds for that scholarship in a while, so it's just the interest from what they've already collected, so that limits what can be offered. 

MrsRoe

I would really like to see something go out about taking money for scholarships. I only found that we could contribute while looking for something else online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a new SM and mom of a CAP kid trying to figure it out one acronym at a time