Main Menu

CAP PowerPoint Templates

Started by JC004, December 27, 2014, 01:10:29 PM

JC004

Does anyone have any decent CAP-themed PowerPoint templates? 

I'm updating some old CAP templates that I used to use, and I wanted to make them available for all to download/use. 

I thought I'd see what else was out there first.

I could probably also use a little help from someone who's good at graphic design.  I'm pretty sure what I want them to look like, but my skills in Photoshop and such are limited.

There seems to be some sort of law that PowerPoint templates must be tacky and ugly.  I shall defy it anyway.

winterg

James, I am working on the same thing.  I made a very basic theme to use for the ones I am working on.  Feel free to use it if you like it. 

Note, the powerpoint I put in this Dropbox is still in progress.  The current one basically has the content of the task put into PPT form.  I am working on expanding it.  I figured this was a good starting point.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s6sa8cn3bff2c5o/AACz4Uiwe-ndt7iZYcFenQ7va?dl=0

Edit.  A theme is different than a template. I believe it is the theme you are looking for.  Here is a link to a short tutorial how to save a theme to use once you find one you like in a presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSr2vDcO_XA

JC004

I was hoping to make a template that has some pre-done graphics included - like charts, tables, and such rather than just a basic theme. 

I also was thinking of including a zip folder of clean, standard graphics that CAP people might want to use like the AE emblem or safety logo.

You are working on ES gear presentations also?  Perhaps we should work on that.  I'm updating my old UDF and GT equipment classes.  I'll be doing Familiarization and Prep training materials for UDFT, GTM, MSA, MRO, MS next.

winterg

Graphics are easy, the two shields I put on mine show up on every slide when I apply that theme.  As for charts and tables, I would think those would be specific to particular presentations and wouldn't need to be applied to every PPT.

JC004

I figured a zip folder would give people different options.  It would be great to have the commonly-used items in a single place, already cleaned up, transparent backgrounds, etc.

I was thinking a dark BG version and a light BG version.

Then I was considering some templates for tables and such, that could be used if desired.  And some icons like this, in the zip folder, to easily create a presentation that conveys information well:

Just some thoughts I had...

winterg

A repository of quality CAP graphics is always a good idea to help members make presentations.

JC004

There's some stuff out there, but some require fixing by someone with better skills in Photoshop or Illustrator.  For example, the CAP wings that someone made, which actually use Air Force wings as the base....those have to be fixed. 

I'm also tracking down the graphics from 39-1, so we have full-quality graphics for people to use online (what's in the PDF is too heavily compressed), in presentations, or whatever (this would be too large for the PPT zips, but I'd still make it available online).

Perhaps include a couple things like this as optional pieces:

JeffDG

One of the better sets of graphics I've found are at the SER webpage:
http://archive.sercap.us/

JC004

I agree.  That is most likely the best out there.  They still need work, though (like all the wings).  They've pretty much collated what is already out there, I gather.