Second Achievement Award

Started by 3CharlieLima, December 21, 2020, 09:34:00 PM

3CharlieLima

I just received my second Achievement Award. I looked through CAPR 39-3, and while there are several instructions on how to denote second and third iterations of the same award, there is no information on the Achievement Award. For the second award do I get a star, clasp etc. on the ribbon???

SarDragon

Quote from: CAPR 39-3 28 DECEMBER 20126. Repetitive Awards:
a. Only one award will be made for a single act of heroism, a single meritorious achievement or one continuous period of meritorious service.
b. Subsequent awards of the same decoration or ribbon are denoted by the CAP bronze triangular clasp, worn on the ribbon of the original award. A CAP silver triangular clasp is equivalent to, and is worn in the place of, five bronze claps. Silver clasps are placed to the wearer's right side of a bronze clasp. A maximum of four devices may be worn on any ribbon, unless otherwise stated in this regulation. When the number of devices exceeds the authorized maximum, a second ribbon is worn to the wearer's left of the initial ribbon. The second ribbon counts as one subsequent award. When future awards reduce the devices to a single ribbon the second ribbon will be removed. Devices are illustrated in Attachment 3.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

Quote from: Eclipse on December 22, 2020, 12:09:38 AMAs always McChord knows...

http://www.mcchord.org/rack_builder/check_sr.html

It looks like they fixed the Lifesaving ribbon too, given that it used to align the attachments incorrectly if you had more than one award of the Lifesaving.

baronet68

Quote from: JC004 on December 27, 2020, 08:51:09 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 22, 2020, 12:09:38 AMAs always McChord knows...

http://www.mcchord.org/rack_builder/check_sr.html

It looks like they fixed the Lifesaving ribbon too, given that it used to align the attachments incorrectly if you had more than one award of the Lifesaving.

I haven't made any changes to the artwork configurations for the Lifesaving Award since Dec 22, 2010, so I'm curious what I was doing wrong literally a decade ago?
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

JC004

That's weird.  Maybe it was the browser I used or something.  I input my second Lifesaving award, and it bumped over the star.  But now I see it showing centered on latest Firefox on Windows 10.  I don't know what it looked like 10 years ago, because I never planned on getting a second award of it.  And at the time, I think it may have still been one attachment only (the silver star) and that's it (not sure when exactly the change was made to allow multiple awards be worn on it).

baronet68

Quote from: JC004 on December 31, 2020, 03:08:11 AMThat's weird.  Maybe it was the browser I used or something.  I input my second Lifesaving award, and it bumped over the star.  But now I see it showing centered on latest Firefox on Windows 10.  I don't know what it looked like 10 years ago, because I never planned on getting a second award of it.  And at the time, I think it may have still been one attachment only (the silver star) and that's it (not sure when exactly the change was made to allow multiple awards be worn on it).

No worries.  It might have been one of the other rack builders that I've seen over the years where they float the attachment images over the ribbon images via CSS/java/etc. 

The McChord rack builder uses individual images for each ribbon version.  Meaning that, between the ribbons, mini-medals, and historic awards, there are just over 1,400 individual images in total... each one made pixel-by-pixel using MS Paint!

Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

JC004

Quote from: baronet68 on December 31, 2020, 06:25:26 AM
Quote from: JC004 on December 31, 2020, 03:08:11 AMThat's weird.  Maybe it was the browser I used or something.  I input my second Lifesaving award, and it bumped over the star.  But now I see it showing centered on latest Firefox on Windows 10.  I don't know what it looked like 10 years ago, because I never planned on getting a second award of it.  And at the time, I think it may have still been one attachment only (the silver star) and that's it (not sure when exactly the change was made to allow multiple awards be worn on it).

No worries.  It might have been one of the other rack builders that I've seen over the years where they float the attachment images over the ribbon images via CSS/java/etc. 

The McChord rack builder uses individual images for each ribbon version.  Meaning that, between the ribbons, mini-medals, and historic awards, there are just over 1,400 individual images in total... each one made pixel-by-pixel using MS Paint!

Oh.  What I was thinking was that it was when I was using one of my "off" browsers that I have, like Dolphin.  But I was going to mention on the mini medal thread that those stars DO move.  Although on the mini medal, it's hard to manage what exactly the precise center is...