Celebrities in CAP?

Started by JCW0312, December 09, 2007, 01:52:43 AM

tdepp

Quote from: EMT-83 on March 05, 2010, 11:19:11 PM
Quote from: Spike on March 05, 2010, 07:47:08 PMYou both have me beat.  I payed for school doing voiceovers.  I did the voice work for most of the "Army of One" campaign, as well as MTV work.  Never onscreen except in a movie called "a league of their own" when I can be seen in two scenes (as an extra!).  Very  young Indiana Hoosier back then! 
There's no crying in baseball!
Not to be mean or anything, but if you have to explain why you're famous, you're probably not a celebrity to the general public.  You could be well known in your circle but not to the rest of us National Enquirer/People/TMZ readers and viewers.  Celebrities are famous because they are famous.  See Paris Hilton and the Bruce Dickinson.

So, Cliff Robertson, yes, CAP celebrity.  During his day, he was big and well known.  Sen. Tom Harkin, probably a CAP celebrity, as a US Senator he's well known but not Hollywood well known.  But I'd say he makes the cut.

So, back to the original question: What celebrities, past or present, are/were members of CAP? 
Todd D. Epp, LL.M., Capt, CAP
Sioux Falls Composite Squadron Deputy Commander for Seniors
SD Wing Public Affairs Officer
Wing website: http://sdcap.us    Squadron website: http://www.siouxfallscap.com
Author of "This Day in Civil Air Patrol History" @ http://caphistory.blogspot.com

Major Carrales

Am I not a celebrity?  Are you not a celebrity?  Is not the true celebrity "Joe CAPMAN" who displays himself properly in the conduct of their missions?  (pure corn, I admit, but it does have the kernal of truth  >:D)
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Spike

Quote from: tdepp on March 15, 2010, 04:29:42 PM
Quote from: EMT-83 on March 05, 2010, 11:19:11 PM
Quote from: Spike on March 05, 2010, 07:47:08 PMYou both have me beat.  I payed for school doing voiceovers.  I did the voice work for most of the "Army of One" campaign, as well as MTV work.  Never onscreen except in a movie called "a league of their own" when I can be seen in two scenes (as an extra!).  Very  young Indiana Hoosier back then! 
There's no crying in baseball!
Not to be mean or anything, but if you have to explain why you're famous, you're probably not a celebrity to the general public.  You could be well known in your circle but not to the rest of us National Enquirer/People/TMZ readers and viewers.  Celebrities are famous because they are famous.  See Paris Hilton and the Bruce Dickinson.

So, Cliff Robertson, yes, CAP celebrity.  During his day, he was big and well known.  Sen. Tom Harkin, probably a CAP celebrity, as a US Senator he's well known but not Hollywood well known.  But I'd say he makes the cut.

So, back to the original question: What celebrities, past or present, are/were members of CAP? 

I was not saying I am a celebrity, just stating cool things I think I have done.  I am sorry.  BTW.... all my previous work was just a job.  I do not go around and say "oh when I was an extra in this movie, Tom Hanks and I ate at the same bar.  So really....I was stating how lame I am. 

I hate the idea of celebrity to begin with.  Our society is too focused on fake people they see on screens, hear on radio and watch play games (why does a person make 50 million for playing a game?? (sports))

Instead I wish our focus was on those Americans that have changed the world, improved our lives and contributed to the advancement of the human race. 

Plus we are all celebrities like said above!  We all won the greatest challenge we could have ever faced, and beat out a million others trying to win it too.  LIFE.  1 Sperm, 1 Egg.  Crazy if you actually think about what had to happen for us to even be here. 

Anyway, we are all equal when we lay dying in the end.  Celebrity may get you more money and a comfortable life, but everyone succumbs to death, and no amount of money or fame can change that.

Spike

Quote from: Major Carrales on March 15, 2010, 06:51:36 PM
Am I not a celebrity?  Are you not a celebrity?  Is not the true celebrity "Joe CAPMAN" who displays himself properly in the conduct of their missions?  (pure corn, I admit, but it does have the kernal of truth  >:D )

You know Joe too??  He was my Squadron Commander back in Indiana years and years ago.  We all got a giggle out of his last name.  Except it was Cappman.   :)

tdepp

I do not go around and say "oh when I was an extra in this movie, Tom Hanks and I ate at the same bar.  So really....I was stating how lame I am.
Spike:
I stand corrected.  Having lunch with Tom Hanks puts you in the ranks of the celebrities in my book.  If you had had lunch with Bruce Springsteen, you too would also be in the ranks of the gods.   ;D
Todd D. Epp, LL.M., Capt, CAP
Sioux Falls Composite Squadron Deputy Commander for Seniors
SD Wing Public Affairs Officer
Wing website: http://sdcap.us    Squadron website: http://www.siouxfallscap.com
Author of "This Day in Civil Air Patrol History" @ http://caphistory.blogspot.com

Spike

^ Thank you!  :D  I am off this afternoon to send my son up in a homemade balloon, audition for the next "dancing with the stars", get my 20 minutes of singing in for preparation to be on "American Idol" and rehearse for when I appear on "Datelines to Catch a Predator".   :P >:D

CadetProgramGuy

Will I be able to acheive celeb status if I sign your 2b for being on To Catch a Preadator?

SarDragon

Quote from: Spike on March 16, 2010, 04:06:30 PM
^ Thank you!  :D  I am off this afternoon to send my son up in a homemade balloon, audition for the next "dancing with the stars", get my 20 minutes of singing in for preparation to be on "American Idol" and rehearse for when I appear on "Datelines to Catch a Predator".   :P >:D

Nah, Spike, you're probably too olde for AI. You need to be thinking about "America's Got Talent." They're the ones who let the olde fahts sing.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jimmydeanno

Quote from: SarDragon on March 16, 2010, 09:58:57 PM
Nah, Spike, you're probably too olde for AI. You need to be thinking about "America's Got Talent." They're the ones who let the olde fahts sing.

You mean "Star Search" isn't on anymore?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

CAPSGT

Not at the moment, but I just heard yesterday there are now talks of brining it back with Paula Abdul as the host.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron