How far would you go for an Activity?

Started by abysmal, August 25, 2005, 06:14:24 PM

capchiro

A few years back, we used to get buses and bus drivers from the Reserve/Guard component at a base near us.   It worked well and all we had to pay for was the gas/diesel.  Perhaps rattling a few laison officers could help?  I think we have transported cadets to events about 250 miles away, but we get parents to help us.  We talk them into joining as chaperoing parents for $20.00 and then we later talk them into upgrading into full senior member status.  It doesn't cost anything more for them to upgrade their status and thus saves them a considerable amount up front.  We also have alocal church that has been allowing us to utilize their 15 passenger van, if we will clean it and fill it up.  Great deal for us.
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

abysmal

Gee Wiz!
Of course I could just fall back and use the technology.
But what fun is that!
this is CAP TALK forum, its all about TALKING with other people!!
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

MustangCadet

how many cadets are you taking? maybe instead of driving you can rent a couple of cesnas (Have every cadet pay and equal amount to help pay for them) and fly down there and back?
C/CMSgt Anthony Gallozzi
Mustang Cadet Squadron
RMR-CO-148
HGA White Hat '07

footballrun21

Quote from: MustangCadet on January 03, 2006, 10:48:53 PM
how many cadets are you taking? maybe instead of driving you can rent a couple of cesnas (Have every cadet pay and equal amount to help pay for them) and fly down there and back?

It already happened over two years ago. :D
C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

flyguy06

When I was a cadet in 1984, we had two Senior Members that took us fromGeorgia to Columbus, MS for the AETCFC. They came and picked us up to. Thats the kind of volunteer spirit thta got me interested in doing what I can to help young people.

simpsonna

Quote from: flyguy06 on January 09, 2006, 04:23:23 PM
When I was a cadet in 1984, we had two Senior Members that took us fromGeorgia to Columbus, MS for the AETCFC.

What squadron in GA were you in when you were a cadet? I am currently in Augusta Composite Squadron (formerly CSRA Comp. Squ.) One of our Senior Members just took three of our cadets to MS for AETCFC. Our SM was staff there. I believe it was 6-7 hrs.