Incomplete Sections on Cadet Promotions Track Report

Started by Starbird, September 17, 2018, 08:13:20 PM

Starbird

Hey all!

I've been trying to get all of my CAP records together for my own personal records (inspired by the fact I'm the new C/Personnel Officer, so I need to learn about member records and such), and have noticed some potential issues on my cadet track report.  For achievement 5 and 6 in my records, the report I downloaded from eServices shows no completion of either PT or Drill for either promotion,  despite the fact I took these tests and got promoted  :o

How should I address this?  I must say I'm a little confused....

Should I request to see my personnel file? (Per CAPR 39-2: Members should be granted regular access to their records at
reasonable times during normal unit meetings, in addition to such other times as may be agreed
to between the member and the record's custodian.
)   

I'm not sure if the missing info would be in there; I've never seen my PIF to be honest.  On a side note, I would be interested to see what is in fact in there!

Guidance would be most appreciated.  I will hopefully get a chance to discuss this with my chain of command at my next meeting. :)

V/R,

Starbird

BraveRifles19D

I would keep your own file. Get a nice size binder and every test you take, print the certificate or 2a that is signed, put in there. My squadron commander keeps no paper records. If you see a drill test or something missing in your promotion track report, ask your commander to put it in. Make sure you keep track of the dates you do things. There is a nice paper form you can print out from the website.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Eclipse

You're saying the score is missing or the actual fact that you passed the evaluations?

Assuming it's the latter, it's hard to say how the promotion was approved without the Drill & PT being in there,
assuming you weren't part of the PT Beta, there's no need for it to be in your file - you're well
past those grades, and they won't likely be in your file as there's no reason to retain that info.

If it's the former, as I recall, the actual score is not required, only passed checked.

If you feel the need to keep everything, scan it and store in in Google Docs.

The trees you save will thank you.

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

Do you have the dates of the promotions missing the entries?

If they were part of the old fitness program, they may not appear. There is also a chance that you were marked as a waiver by accident even if you conducted PT and drill (both have a fitness waiver that may be applied).

I had a cadet who was on a no push-up waiver, but she still the other exercises, and did drill. The system, however, would let me bypass entering all of her PT scores and drill testing if I had the waiver box checked. So it was something I needed to keep an eye on.

Starbird

For those who were wondering, here is the section of my report that is in question.

Edit: Section with grid headers included

TheSkyHornet

Some of my cadets show similar. I don't know what happened with it, but it's nothing detrimental since the promotions are already entered and the cadets are well beyond those grades now.

Does it seem like it affected anything for you now? Or is it mostly just an inconvenience for your own historical tracking purposes?

Capmonkey

Just a thought. Under the new CPFT standards with tests being good for 6 months, it may not show up on every promotion for PT tests.

PHall

Quote from: Capmonkey on September 19, 2018, 05:01:07 PM
Just a thought. Under the new CPFT standards with tests being good for 6 months, it may not show up on every promotion for PT tests.

It probably should show up with an expiration date.  Now how to get them to do that.

Starbird

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on September 19, 2018, 01:44:14 PM
Some of my cadets show similar. I don't know what happened with it, but it's nothing detrimental since the promotions are already entered and the cadets are well beyond those grades now.

Does it seem like it affected anything for you now? Or is it mostly just an inconvenience for your own historical tracking purposes?

It's just an annoyance for my personal record keeping, it's not hurting my CAP career in any way.  I just really like my records straight, call it an obsession....

BraveRifles19D

This is what you need to do. Ask your commander to go into the cadet promotion page where they enter in all your dates for your promotion.  There is a "submit" button all the way on the bottom left of the screen and you may need to scroll down to see it. Once that button is clicked, it will show on the cadet promotion track report.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk