Cadet may be moving to Milton/Pensacola FL area, any info on local units?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, June 06, 2016, 02:25:03 PM

Майор Хаткевич

I have a cadet that may be moving to the area, and see two units near by:

CAPTAIN COLLINS H. HAINES COMPOSITE SQUADRON FL460
PENSACOLA CADET SQDN FL425

Anyone from the area, or who can share info on the programs there? PMs work too.

Storm Chaser

stillamarine

Hmm. 425 was my old squadron but it was a composite when I left. I've been gone 8 years but it was a great squadron back then. I'm not sure where 460 is. Might have started after i left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: stillamarine on June 08, 2016, 04:05:33 PM
Hmm. 425 was my old squadron but it was a composite when I left. I've been gone 8 years but it was a great squadron back then. I'm not sure where 460 is. Might have started after i left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on membership history records, 2010 is when it started up.

stillamarine

The thing about FLWG Group 1 is they fly more hours monthly than many wings do in a year. They are tasked with fire patrol over Eglin military reservation. They fly a minimum of one flight a day weather permitting. In dry seasons or if there's an elevated risk of brush fires they may fly 2 a days. Every day, including holidays. My favorite was Christmas day. Did a morning flight and was scheduled for an afternoon flight. Got an ELT call instead. On the way back weather socked in PCola and we ended up setting down on Hurlburt Field, home of AFSOC. Fun times.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

stitchmom