New grade now showing up in E-Services

Started by vorter, March 31, 2010, 02:25:55 AM

vorter

I got promoted to C/Amn about a month or two ago, but its still shows my grade as C/AmB.
I'm pretty sure the paperwork has been sent to headquarters though. I need it for my GES ASAP.
C/2nd Lt Hyeung

Eclipse

You unit CC has to promote you through the promotions module. 

Some unit CC's are completely unaware this even exists.

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

Pumbaa

Cecil DP

Your CAP grade and date or rank are what the Squadron Commander has signed off on on your CAPF 52-16, The On-line verification is great, but until your CC or Testing Officer approves it, the 52-16 still rules.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

MIKE

It's actually a CAPF 52-1, 2, 3, or 4 depending on phase... And that is if you aren't using the promotion utility.
Mike Johnston

vmstan

Reason #1 why I always try and get promotions entered in the night of or next day after they are given out. Until it's in the database it doesn't feel official to people :) It should only take your CC or Testing Officer a couple minutes to do, just ask and find out why it's not being done and they can probably get it done at your next meeting. Chances are it was just an oversight on their part.

Hopefully if it's been a couple months you're ready to promote again, so they can kill two birds with one stone ;)
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

davidsinn

Quote from: Marshalus on March 31, 2010, 04:23:23 PM
Reason #1 why I always try and get promotions entered in the night of or next day after they are given out. Until it's in the database it doesn't feel official to people :) It should only take your CC or Testing Officer a couple minutes to do, just ask and find out why it's not being done and they can probably get it done at your next meeting. Chances are it was just an oversight on their part.

Hopefully if it's been a couple months you're ready to promote again, so they can kill two birds with one stone ;)

+1. I have been know to do it on my smart phone from the gym we use for PT.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Seabee219

Me being the DCC, on test night I take the passing scores and enter them on-line that night or put them in the next day then hold promotions on the last monday of the month.  Cadets can not put on a higher rank until it is in Eservices, per regs and correct me if I am wrong about that please.  If your promotion is not showing up, it could mean that it has not been entered yet.  It is really easy to do. As a matter of fact, I call Mrs. Jackson at NHQ and she told me that you no longer have to fax in the CAPF 52s anymore unless you need a major change or someone that is inputting it can not access on-line records. I posted a cadets Mitchell on-line and in about 2 min I had a award number. That was cool.

:clap: :clap:
CAP Capt, Retired US Navy Seabee.
  MRO, MS, MO, UDF, GT3, MSA, CUL
1. Lead by example, and take care of your people

lordmonar

For regular acheivments 52-16 says it is the day the CC signs the 52-1/2/3/4.  Milestones must be intered into E-serives to be offical.

Until they change the workign in 52-16 the promotion utility is NOT the definitive authority except on the milestone.

Either way....get the promotions in ASAP.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Seabee219

Thanks on that I was just looking it up.  I do have hard copies of the 52s anyway in the cadet record.  8)
CAP Capt, Retired US Navy Seabee.
  MRO, MS, MO, UDF, GT3, MSA, CUL
1. Lead by example, and take care of your people