Main Menu

Adobe for CAP use

Started by IceNine, May 14, 2008, 03:43:25 AM

IceNine

Anyone know where I can get a copy of Acrobat that will be used exclusively for CAP?

I am assuming there is some deal worked out somewhere that will get us software much cheaper than even ebay can provide.

Thanks
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Eclipse

Are you looking to create docs or edit them?

If all you want to do is .pdf docs to send upstream, etc., there are a number of freeware utils to do this, I would recommend "PrimoPDF).

http://www.primopdf.com/

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

Quote from: Ricochet13 on May 14, 2008, 01:25:59 PM
Try www.techsoup.org/

Adobe doesn't discount their software to non-profits (even through Tech Soup) unless you're a higher education institution.  Our IT department tried to buy the Creative Suite 2 at a non-profit rate, and we didn't qualify even as a 501(c)(3).
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

IIRC, I can get it at the government rate as an Auxie... but I'd rather use PrimoPDF or PDFCreator, which is good enough for my use... and it's free.
Mike Johnston

Do those two also allow you to edit PDF's?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

MIKE

No, that is the downside that you need Acrobat for.  These "print PDFs" from other file types.
Mike Johnston

do you need the "premium" adobe and not the freeware versions to do that?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Hawk200

Not sure what is being attempted, but I use Openoffice (http://www.openoffice.org/) . It will allow you to export as PDF. You can't edit PDF's, but it seems to have fewer problems than using a "PDF printer".

I use PrimoPDF on other files not covered by Openoffice.

KyCAP

Just another Free one..

www.cutepdf.com

Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

gistek

And the $$ version of CutePDF will let you do almost everything Adobe Acrobat does.