Congrats to New York Wing!

Started by etodd, July 02, 2019, 06:28:14 PM

etodd

Congrats to New York Wing!

QuoteMembers of five Civil Air Patrol groups participated in the first New York Wing Mission Pilot and Aircrew School for Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) conducted at the U.S. Army National Guard's Camp Smith Training Site two weekends in June.

Lt. Col. Austin Worcester, the UAS senior program manager at CAP National Headquarters, sent his congratulations and added, "Because of your hard work — your wing is the first to achieve full operational capacity in UAS. You and your team are certainly commended!"

https://www.cap.news/ny-wing-completes-1st-uas-mission-pilot-and-aircrew-school

"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Ozzy

Congrats to NY Wing... but what the heck is with that Velco..... never mind, keep on topic!
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

THRAWN

Quote from: Ozzy on July 02, 2019, 06:38:06 PM
Congrats to NY Wing... but what the heck is with that Velco..... never mind, keep on topic!

I said the same thing. On both points....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Gunsotsu

Quote from: THRAWN on July 02, 2019, 06:42:49 PM

I said the same thing. On both points....

Don't forget the hair. Seriously, good on NYWG, but whomever allowed this photo to see wide release needs to be forced to copy CAPM 39-1 BY HAND.

Eclipse

A triple crown. 

Yes, by all means..."Congrats."

I would say this photo encapsulate the current state of the UAS program nicely.

"That Others May Zoom"

THRAWN

Quote from: Eclipse on July 02, 2019, 07:12:53 PM
A triple crown. 

C'mon...it's great to see a bunch of people going out, working hard, training up for a program that has no governing regulations, official policy or authorized role. Where's your team spirit?
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

jeders

Alright guys, we've had our snarky fun. Let's keep it positive and on topic or else you know what happens.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

etodd

Yes indeed, I chose the photo from the article to post here ... knowing you guys would pick it all apart.  So predictable. You guys amuse me.  LOL

QuoteC'mon...it's great to see a bunch of people going out, working hard, training up for a program that has no governing regulations, official policy or authorized role.

And getting praise from National Headquarters for doing it.  :)

etodd

I believe the article is inaccurate in saying the NYWG was first to be OC. I think Delaware has been for a few months. They have over 25 sUAS MPs currently.

Eclipse

So the article is both inaccurate, and it contain glaring uniform and grooming issues,
which always...always point to more negligence of leadership and program adherence.

Congrats.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: THRAWN on July 02, 2019, 07:42:24 PM
A triple crown. 

C'mon...it's great to see a bunch of people going out, working hard, training up for a program that has no governing regulations, official policy or authorized role. Where's your team spirit?

Point taken.

"That Others May Zoom"

CAPed Crusader

I LOVE the Velcro ALOT better!

CAPed Crusader

Quote from: Eclipse on July 02, 2019, 08:45:21 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on July 02, 2019, 07:42:24 PM
A triple crown. 

Point taken.

Well said!

JayT

Quote from: etodd on July 02, 2019, 08:18:38 PM
Yes indeed, I chose the photo from the article to post here ... knowing you guys would pick it all apart.  So predictable. You guys amuse me.  LOL

QuoteC'mon...it's great to see a bunch of people going out, working hard, training up for a program that has no governing regulations, official policy or authorized role.

And getting praise from National Headquarters for doing it.  :)

First off, I have doubts you scoured the web for a photo that both shows off your pet program while at the same time would provide bait for professional snarktologists. Second, uniform regulations are clearly laid out. If someone can't follow them without error, I have to wonder what else they're not following. If you see a cop that looks like a bag of garbage, he's probably a garbage cop. Alternatively, it's possible that they know uniform regulations and are showing a lack of integrity by ignoring them for whatever reasons. Cadets will latch on to that in a second.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

jeders

Quote from: jeders on July 02, 2019, 08:18:11 PM
Alright guys, we've had our snarky fun. Let's keep it positive and on topic or else you know what happens.

Apparently we can't follow directions. Locked!
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse