uniforms at 2008 Annual Conference

Started by RiverAux, December 26, 2007, 09:19:30 PM

RiverAux

http://cap.gov/visitors/events/2007_cap_annual_conference/dress_code.cfmSomehow I ended up looking at this page about the upcoming annual conference's dress code.  I find it a little bit interesting that for the National Board Business meeting and General Assembly/Learning labs that they list the new corporate uniform first as the preferred uniform and mention the AF uniform secondly.  For the banquet, they do list "mess dress" first. 

A little anti-Air Force bias or just a coincidence? 

Hawk200

A body might wonder. Kinda seems it....

Cobra1597

My guess would be a hold over that no one remembered to get rid of from the time of "he who shall not be named" (I feel so terribly for playing along with that meme, I really don't see what is so bad about saying Pine-**POOF**)

Well, now that I have reconstructed my molecules from scratch...

From what I heard, the last National Commander put extremely heavy pressure on members of the NB to wear the TPU, not out of hatred of the Air Force or distancing from it, but out of wanting to promote his new uniform.
Harrison Ingraham, Capt, CAP
MAWG External Aerospace Education Officer, ADY
Spaatz #1597

Eclipse

I think you're see communists under your bed, but I wouldn't be surprised if HWSRN made an effort to
have everyone in the newer uniform.

As has been pointed our here, the CSU >does< allow for a "uniform" look, and not all of the board members can, or want to wear the blues.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

By the way, I wasn't being terribly serious about there being some sort of anti-AF bias. 

SAR-EMT1

It will be interesting to see who shows up in what. Im guessing Courter will be in the Air Force Uniform.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

jeders

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on December 27, 2007, 12:58:50 AM
It will be interesting to see who shows up in what. Im guessing Courter will be in the Air Force Uniform.

She was in Corporates at the last meeting, so I'm guessing she'll be in corporates too.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

mikeylikey

Without fear of being "fired" for not wearing the Corporates this year, it will be very interesting to see what people show up in.
What's up monkeys?

Major Carrales

I think this is a bit of a non-issue really.  Reading too much into it, me thinks.

Beware of controversy for its own sake.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Hawk200

Quote from: Major Carrales on December 27, 2007, 08:36:51 PM
I think this is a bit of a non-issue really.  Reading too much into it, me thinks.

Nobody will really know until they attend. If their is bias at the conference, it will show. For now, it's speculation.

Major Carrales

Quote from: Hawk200 on December 27, 2007, 08:43:25 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on December 27, 2007, 08:36:51 PM

Nobody will really know until they attend. If their is bias at the conference, it will show. For now, it's speculation.

Let us wait then.  If they annouce the end of USAF Style Uniforms, then I think we will know.  If there is a majority of people wearing them, could it be that they don't meet H/W standards rather than the latest EVIL PLOT?

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Hawk200

Quote from: Major Carrales on December 27, 2007, 08:45:10 PMLet us wait then.  If they annouce the end of USAF Style Uniforms, then I think we will know.  If there is a majority of people wearing them, could it be that they don't meet H/W standards rather than the latest EVIL PLOT?

Different people wear them for different reasons. Some because it's the latest and greatest. Others so they can wear their decs. But I would agree that many wear them because of H/W standards.

Nothing wrong with that. I just have a problem when it seems like some people look down on those wearing blues.

Major Carrales

Quote from: Hawk200 on December 27, 2007, 08:49:37 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on December 27, 2007, 08:45:10 PMLet us wait then.  If they annouce the end of USAF Style Uniforms, then I think we will know.  If there is a majority of people wearing them, could it be that they don't meet H/W standards rather than the latest EVIL PLOT?

Different people wear them for different reasons. Some because it's the latest and greatest. Others so they can wear their decs. But I would agree that many wear them because of H/W standards.

Nothing wrong with that. I just have a problem when it seems like some people look down on those wearing blues.

If its any consolation, I plan to wear USAF Service Dress to the CAP conferences I go to.  I will probably never wear the Corportate Service Coat unless it was all there was.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Cobra1597

Quote from: Hawk200 on December 27, 2007, 08:49:37 PM

Maybe I don't get out enough, but I've not met anyone wearing the corporate stuff who looks down on those wearing the blues.
Harrison Ingraham, Capt, CAP
MAWG External Aerospace Education Officer, ADY
Spaatz #1597

MIKE

I kind of get that impression when I hear people say that we should all wear Corporate Service Uniforms and CAP distinctive uniforms so everyone is uniformly uniform versus allowing AF style for those that can wear them.
Mike Johnston

O-Rex

Per Lt. Col White's thread, If all goes well, the CSU's will lose some of the current frosting, and with the exception of an extra row of buttons, will be nearly identical to the USAF-style uniforms, and (hopefully) nobody will really care who wears what.