Auxie Uniform Question

Started by MIKE, December 20, 2007, 04:09:50 PM

MIKE

Disclaimer:  If you are not a Coast Guard Auxiliarist or a Coastie you can ignore this thread.  I'm posting this here because I know there are other Auxies and Coasties on this site.

What is the deal with Undress Blue Winter versus Service Dress Blue Bravo without the blouse?  One of the members of my flottlia asked what insignia he should wear on the long sleeved light blue shirt.  For Undress Blue Winter it says to wear metal insignia on the collar, and for the shirt when worn as part of Service Dress Blue Bravo it says to wear Eboards... Also on the Chief Directors site it shows Eboards being worn with what it calls Undress Blue Winter.

Since we are both newer members I thought it would be better not to bother with the undress uniforms, and go with Eboards rather than poking holes in his shirts.  What say you?
Mike Johnston

PA Guy

Try this link http://www.auxpdept.org/ and check out the "P" Dept. website.  On the left hand column scroll down to uniforms and check out the uniform guide.  If I read it correctly Table 1-A says enhanced/soft shoulder boards .

Slim

Correct, on Undress Blue Winter-the dark CG blue, long sleeved shirt, wear miniature grade/office insignia on the collar.

Service Dress Blue Bravo uses shoulderboards. 

It's been a while, but did the CG eliminate the Undress Blue combo (trops with unit ball cap and metal collar insignia) when they changed over to ODUs?  If that's the case, then there aren't any combinations using the light blue shirt and metal collar insignia.  Correct?

Slim

MIKE

Quote from: PA Guy on December 20, 2007, 08:36:19 PM
Try this link http://www.auxpdept.org/ and check out the "P" Dept. website.  On the left hand column scroll down to uniforms and check out the uniform guide.  If I read it correctly Table 1-A says enhanced/soft shoulder boards .

Which conflicts with both COMDTINST M16790.1F and COMDTINST M1020.6E for Undress Blue Winter.  MIKE does not trust the Uniform Procurement Guide and puts more stock in Commandant Instructions.  :)

Slim,  Undress Blue Winter is the light blue long sleeved.  the Winter Dress Blue shirt is the same dark blue as the trousers (I want one in a 17/35 if anyone has one.) ... different uniform. 

IIRC, undress unis are still authorized for the Aux, with the Bravos being authorized as long as you still have serviceable work trousers.
Mike Johnston

Slim

Quote from: MIKE on December 20, 2007, 11:34:13 PM
Slim,  Undress Blue Winter is the light blue long sleeved.  the Winter Dress Blue shirt is the same dark blue as the trousers (I want one in a 17/35 if anyone has one.) ... different uniform. 

IIRC, undress unis are still authorized for the Aux, with the Bravos being authorized as long as you still have serviceable work trousers.

Sorry, my bad.  If I knew where my old AUXMan was, I would have checked.  Though I did like that Winter Dress Blue shirt.  Kind of reminiscent of the old combination three uniform of my cadet days.

Slim