Billy Mitchell Heritage Uniform.

Started by RogueLeader, December 15, 2007, 09:17:07 PM

Dad2-4

Quote from: ddelaney103 on December 16, 2007, 05:02:50 AM
http://www.airforcetimes.com/projects/flash/2007_03_16_afuniforms/
So is this official now? I generally like it except for the belt. Looks more like what I wore in the 1980s. Definitely more "military".

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Dad2-4 on December 16, 2007, 04:31:31 PM
Quote from: ddelaney103 on December 16, 2007, 05:02:50 AM
http://www.airforcetimes.com/projects/flash/2007_03_16_afuniforms/
So is this official now? I generally like it except for the belt. Looks more like what I wore in the 1980s. Definitely more "military".

No specific date has been set for rollout of the new service dress uniform; I think it's still in the wear-test stage.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

PHall

Quote from: Grumpy on December 16, 2007, 04:29:59 PM
The last I heard, they were talking about doing away with the belt.  The gals were complaining that with the new uniform, they'd have to change the tie to the tab every time they took the coat off.

That's interesting, since the wear test hasn't even started yet.

PHall

Quote from: RiverAux on December 16, 2007, 04:24:24 PM
According to the web site it looks like you will be allowed to stagger your ribbon placement to avoid the collar.

You can do that now, even on a CAP uniform!

star1151

Call me crazy, but I like it.  All false pockets, four buttons, and yes, I very much like the belt.  Don't so much like the fact that it's a men's tie.  Looks good, but I'd imagine tying a tie is pretty difficult.

Quote from: Grumpy on December 16, 2007, 04:29:59 PM
The last I heard, they were talking about doing away with the belt.  The gals were complaining that with the new uniform, they'd have to change the tie to the tab every time they took the coat off.
I don't think so.  The way I read is is the men's tie is always authorized, the tab is only authorized without the coat.  You don't have to change the tie when you take the coat off.

LtCol White

Based on feedback, they modified the lapels so they aren't that big anymore. More modern style lapels now
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: star1151 on December 16, 2007, 08:22:05 PM
Call me crazy, but I like it.  All false pockets, four buttons, and yes, I very much like the belt.  Don't so much like the fact that it's a men's tie.  Looks good, but I'd imagine tying a tie is pretty difficult.

There's always the ubiquitous clip-on...  ;D
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

star1151

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on December 16, 2007, 09:38:34 PM

I hear those are considered "tacky".

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: star1151 on December 16, 2007, 09:39:45 PM

As a fashion statement, I'd agree... but there are times when you're in a rush and can't whip up a good four-in-hand or Windsor knot.

I don't mind the 'zipper tie', either. Unfortunately, they're not made in the dark blue USAF herringbone pattern.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

riffraff

Am I wrong or is the 'new' Hap Arnold uniform really just the old pre-McPeak service dress with a belt and different buttons? Seems a lot of work to get back to where they were in the first place. If they keep the belt, it needs to be wider. Since they're copying the WW2-era US Army officers uniform they might as well go with the same belt width.

ddelaney103

There are some improvements - such as the bi-fold back (which you see on the back of the M-65 field jacket) which will make it easier for you to move.

mikeylikey

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on December 16, 2007, 09:44:25 PM
Quote from: star1151 on December 16, 2007, 09:39:45 PM

As a fashion statement, I'd agree... but there are times when you're in a rush and can't whip up a good four-in-hand or Windsor knot.

Really?!?  I can tie my tie in under 30 seconds.  Clip on's are for lazy people.  You can also tell who wears a clip-on, and they may loose some respect. 

Some advice for those that take five minutes to tie their tie.......DO NOT completely untie your tie when removing your tie.  simply slip the knot low enough to allow you to remove it from around your neck.  Then when you go to put it back on, simply re-raise the knot. 

When I see a person wearing clip-on I think to myself "gee he is lazy, or his dad didn't love him enough to teach him how to tie a tie".  (Replace Dad with legal guardian, mother, step-father, brother, grandfather etc.)
What's up monkeys?

star1151

Quote from: mikeylikey link=topic=3794.msg72991#msg72991
When I see a person wearing clip-on I think to myself "gee he is lazy, or his dad didn't love him enough to teach him how to tie a tie".  (Replace Dad with legal guardian, mother, step-father, brother, grandfather etc.)

No one's ever taught me to tie a tie but if CAP goes to tie like that, I guess I'll have to beg someone to teach me.  I guess no one loves me....

mikeylikey

^ I will send you instructions in PDF format for a half and Windsor if you so desire. 

What's up monkeys?

Grumpy

After wearing a clip on for 29 years on the Sheriff's Dept., I see nothing wrong with it.

star1151

That would be excellent.

Of course, I will have nothing to practice on until it becomes mandatory for CAP...hopefully WAY out in the future somewhere.  But on second thought, maybe it's one of those life skills that everyone needs to know.

PHall

Quote from: mikeylikey on December 16, 2007, 10:50:46 PM
Really?!?  I can tie my tie in under 30 seconds.  Clip on's are for lazy people.  You can also tell who wears a clip-on, and they may loose some respect. 

Some advice for those that take five minutes to tie their tie.......DO NOT completely untie your tie when removing your tie.  simply slip the knot low enough to allow you to remove it from around your neck.  Then when you go to put it back on, simply re-raise the knot. 

You do know that star1151 is a female, right?
Do your daughters (if you have any) know how to tie a Windsor or Four-in-hand knot in a tie?

mikeylikey

Fore everyone who needs to learn how to tie a tie here you go!  IT is from SEXYTIE.COM

Read on to the next page for a good link for tying a tie!

edited per MOD request.  My link was borderline "too sexy"!  PM for link if interested. 
What's up monkeys?

mikeylikey

Quote from: PHall on December 16, 2007, 11:11:48 PM
Quote from: mikeylikey on December 16, 2007, 10:50:46 PM

You do know that star1151 is a female, right?
Do your daughters (if you have any) know how to tie a Windsor or Four-in-hand knot in a tie?

I know!  Also, why would a young girl need to know how to tie a tie?  In fact, other than what the AF is proposing there are very few instances in corporate society and society in general that require a woman to wear a mans tie.
What's up monkeys?

MIKE

Mikey... Please find a more appropriate link and edit above.

Edit:  It's borderline IMO.
Mike Johnston