Main Menu

Missing Flag

Started by ISNJH, December 12, 2007, 03:00:43 AM

ISNJH

Well I just got my name tapes from vanguard and got them put on my uniform my the CAP unit  gave me a few weeks back. I washed my uniform last week and tonight when I finished sewing the name tape on and the Civil Air Patrol tape on I realized the Flag was missing from the shoulder. It was there before it was washed. Someone had not sewn it on and used glue instead, so the heat from the dryer must have made it melt and come off. I spent the rest of this evening sorting through the clothes hoping to find it but with no luck. What am I going to do? If I cannot find it how am I supposed to get a new one since I could not find them listed on the vanguard site?

Eclipse

Quote from: ISNJH on December 12, 2007, 03:00:43 AM
Well I just got my name tapes from vanguard and got them put on my uniform my the CAP unit  gave me a few weeks back. I washed my uniform last week and tonight when I finished sewing the name tape on and the Civil Air Patrol tape on I realized the Flag was missing from the shoulder. It was there before it was washed. Someone had not sewn it on and used glue instead, so the heat from the dryer must have made it melt and come off. I spent the rest of this evening sorting through the clothes hoping to find it but with no luck. What am I going to do? If I cannot find it how am I supposed to get a new one since I could not find them listed on the vanguard site?

Buy it somewhere else - Google lists about 100 different sources...

"That Others May Zoom"

Stonewall

I've got a stamp, envelope and a whole bunch of flags.  Not 100% sure they're "CAP standard" but I've got several, even in the plastic still.  Have them left over from a deployment.

Gimmie your address and I'll mail one to you.
Serving since 1987.

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

addo1

Hock Shop: all different kinds, all different prices.  Dont stress, there are plenty of them out there.  ;)
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

pixelwonk

I'd be more concerned about what pair of jeans has an upside down flag pasted to its rear now. ;)

SARMedTech

Quote from: ISNJH on December 12, 2007, 03:00:43 AM

Above and beyond the replacement of the flag, I think it says a great deal about your character that you were that concerned when it was lost and shows a great deal about your respect for the flag and what it stands for. For too many people, it just becomes another patch. Bravo Zulu!
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Stonewall

Quote from: SARMedTech on December 12, 2007, 06:32:53 PM...it just becomes another patch.

It is just another patch, that costs the same as a gallon of gas.  That gallon of gas could be a round trip to my meeting 4 times.
Serving since 1987.

SARMedTech

Quote from: Stonewall on December 12, 2007, 06:34:52 PM
Quote from: SARMedTech on December 12, 2007, 06:32:53 PM...it just becomes another patch.

It is just another patch, that costs the same as a gallon of gas.  That gallon of gas could be a round trip to my meeting 4 times.

Kirt-

I have to say Im a little surprised at that coming from you, but I guess I can understand what the flag stands for is more important than the flag itself. For me, however, it trumps everything else on my uniform.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

mikeylikey

^ I agree with Kirt.......what is spent on that patch could be going to buy 2 gallons of gas (plus or minus some change when you factor in Vanguard shipping). 

I have no doubt that he respects the flag. 
What's up monkeys?

SARMedTech

Nor do I question in ANY way his respect for it or his dedication and service to the country it represents. The comment just caught me off guard. Nothing more than that. I think Kirt has more than proven his dedication to all our flag represents through his long and varied service.
"Corpsman Up!"

Stonewall

Meh, no disrespect, of course, I'm just not a fan of the patch on CAP BDUs.  It's one thing when it's issued to you or you pay for it with money you got from your uniform allowance, but again, I'm a less is more guy.

Sorry for mild thread hijack.

So, someone is wearing your flag on their butt?  Interesting...

BTW...Since being a cadet, then in the Army, as a senior member and ANG Security Police, I carry a flag in my ruck sack...it's even US Gov't Issue.
Serving since 1987.

ISNJH

I am still looking for the flag patch around the house and checking the clothes drawers to see if it got sorted in with any of them. but at tonights CAP meeting I told my commander about what happend and he said no problem and gave me an exstra flag he had. I am still trying to find that flag and will not rest until I find it. it may be small, but old glory is still as honorable no mater what size or shape she takes. even if I do not find it before I get the new patch sewn on my uniform I am going to make sure it gets placed in a safe place once found until it is needed.

MIKE

Dude... it's just a patch.
Mike Johnston

davedove

Quote from: ISNJH on December 13, 2007, 04:39:59 AM
I am still looking for the flag patch around the house and checking the clothes drawers to see if it got sorted in with any of them.

You'll never find it.  It's been sucked into that alternate dimension where socks go when they are lost in the dryer. ;D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Pylon

Quote from: davedove on December 13, 2007, 04:11:37 PM
You'll never find it.  It's been sucked into that alternate dimension where socks go when they are lost in the dryer. ;D

Or gloves...
http://www.onecoldhand.com/
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: davedove on December 13, 2007, 04:11:37 PM
Quote from: ISNJH on December 13, 2007, 04:39:59 AM
I am still looking for the flag patch around the house and checking the clothes drawers to see if it got sorted in with any of them.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! YOU BEAT ME TO THE JOKE!!!!   :'( :'( :'(