Cadet Activities Guide (Proposed Document in the Works)

Started by JC004, March 26, 2018, 10:52:03 PM

JC004

I am currently working on revising a Cadet Activities Guide that I made and have developed over the years for local use, shared with other units, and shared with friends.  From the input I received, my now-late partner-in-crime (a CAP SM who passed away in Nov) and I worked on nationalizing the document.  We spent countless hours working on materials cadet and senior activities for CAP (romantic, huh?).  This year, we were planning for her to move to my area, get engaged this month, and do lots of trips and CAP activities - mostly because we had fun being a little crazy and very ambitious.  I've been trying to do everything possible that we started and discussed - from skydiving to CAP projects, so this is important to me on a personal level as well.  It's currently in a bunch of sections and I am working on compiling them into one. 

This document would be a how-to guide as well as containing EXTENSIVE lists of places for trips, ideas for speakers and special guests, pre-made templates for activity planning, and flexible outlines that can be tailed to all sorts of events (for example, I am working on a new safety briefing template that includes suggested topics for a whole ARRAY of different CAP activities.  You'd simply choose the pieces relevant to your type of activity, add any local information, and have a great safety briefing for your activity in very little time).

It is also divided into Meeting Activities and Weekend/Longer activities, so units would get tons of ideas to work with and not need to reinvent the wheel.

It would provide basic guidance on things like military billeting and military airlift.

What I'm looking for right now is some folks who would be interested in helping to develop this pamphlet (it would, of course, be suggested guidance only).  That includes coming up with activity ideas, working on templates, reviewing the document for errors and all (which are likely when you merge a ton of documents), maybe some graphics (for one thing, I have some cheat sheets in mind, which would be great visual aids to simplify the information), the submission of specific places for trips around the country (museums, military facilities, etc.), and all that good stuff.  Please let me know if you'd be interested in working on this!

Even the section titles need work, so I'm happy to accept help with little things like that.

PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE IF YOU'RE INTERESTED!  (that way, I'm sure to get it)  Feel free to post questions and such, and I will try to check here as well.

I'd also welcome copies of activity plans, unit calendars, templates for planning, etc.

Here is the current outlined Table of Contents (still under revision, as I merge the various documents):

RiChArD7032

I would like to take a look at what you have and if I can help, I will. Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk