Main Menu

Slotting for NCSAs

Started by Noah Pluska, February 17, 2018, 04:08:54 AM

Noah Pluska

This is my first experience with the NCSA process and i am a little bit confused about how the slotting procedure works. I applied for the NCSA I wanted: AFSUPTFC Laughlin, and I did so on the first day that registration opened, infact it was 12:06am on December 1st. Point is, I applied early on. I guess im confused what criteria are used for primary slotting. Is is qualification, rank, location, or simply 1st come 1st serve?
Thanks for any info.
-C/Msgt Noah Pluska
-C/SMSgt Noah Pluska
PCR-WA-051

Offutteer

It looks like NHQ hasn't updated the page and has "stand by" as a filler.

It's based off of a point system.  You get so many points for milestone awards, time in CAP, and I think, age.  You also get points for having not attended a NCSA before.  After the points are tallied, everyone is ranked. 

They then go down the ranking, trying to give everyone their top choice (if not available, going down the cadet's list until they find an opening or they've gone through the list).  Every cadet that applied on time will get a shot at a NCSA, before they go down the list once again, to try to fill any activities that still have slots open.

MSG Mac

Any you're not selected for an activity you will appear as "Alternate". In the case that a primary cant attend or fails to send in the follow up paperwork in by the deadline the alternates are then asked if they are still interested.
Alternates do go to every activity.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

jeders

The following images show how slotting works. As you can see, the points are based on age, your level of achievement in CAP, your length of time in CAP, and whether or not you've been to an NCSA before.

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Offutteer

Jeders,

Where did you find the chart?  I was looking and looking, but I couldn't find it, so I went from memory.

jeders

Quote from: Offutteer on February 19, 2018, 06:36:46 PM
Jeders,

Where did you find the chart?  I was looking and looking, but I couldn't find it, so I went from memory.

Google. Flordia Wing Group II's Facebook page, to be precise.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse