Blue grade insignia border on corporate blue BDU?

Started by BoxGranch, January 09, 2018, 04:06:09 AM

BoxGranch

I ask forgiveness for asking this question, but I have managed to overlook the definitive answer, probably after reading over it 12 times.

At any rate, how much fabric is supposed to be left around the grade insignia on the Corporate blue BDU? In other words, if this isn't clear, if one is taking the blue patch with the gold bar and putting it on the collar of the BDU, is there a specified amount of fabric to leave around the gold bar? I did see information here and in 39-1 that the cadets used a 1/8th inch border when putting this sort of insignia on the old BDU's. Does this apply for sure for seniors?

And why, oh why he whined, can't seniors simply use pin on grade insignia? I understand the need for the blue embroidered insignia on the ABU to distinguish CAP from USAF, but that should not be an issue with the corporate BDU. If it's good for the hat, why not the collar? Whine again.

Thanks!

Okayish Aviator

1/8th from rank to edge on all sides, but 1/8th to 1/4 is acceptable.

1/8th from badges to edge of patch on top bottom and sides. This means you'll have 1/2" white to white on badges.
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.

BoxGranch

Thanks! I am not sure what you mean by white to white, though.

TheSkyHornet

I believe the intent for not having pinned insignia for field uniforms is plainly so it doesn't fall off during field operations if it comes in contact with another object (e.g., brush, debris, etc.); however, I am personally partial to pinned insignia (although I wear the ABU).

"White to white" = Between insignia

For example:
You wear an aviation badge with a occupational badge. From the edge of your white occupational insignia (inside that 1/8" blue frame) to the edge of the aviation insignia is 1/2".

BoxGranch

Thanks for the white to white explanation! Understood on losing things, we are good at that in my household. The Boy Scout neckerchief slides are especially good at disappearing!

KPinAK

Newby here.  Just got my 2LT rank (senior member) Would someone please refer me to the page and/or figure (preferably both) in 39-1 that tells/shows how much blue fabric to leave around my new gold individual bars and where precisely to put them on my ABU collar and my cover (hat, cap, whatever you call it)?

Fester

Quote from: KPinAK on February 28, 2018, 06:56:22 AM
Newby here.  Just got my 2LT rank (senior member) Would someone please refer me to the page and/or figure (preferably both) in 39-1 that tells/shows how much blue fabric to leave around my new gold individual bars and where precisely to put them on my ABU collar and my cover (hat, cap, whatever you call it)?

Page 126 of https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/M391_E6F33EAAEC28A.pdf

With 1/8" from the edge of the gold on all sides to the edge of the blue background.  But you should familiarize yourself with the Uniform Manual.  At least the parts that pertain to you.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

abdsp51

Instant gratification and coddling at it's finest...

OldGuy

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 28, 2018, 03:05:02 PM
Teamwork and respect, at it's best!

Geber

When my dad got home from WWII, he taught mechanical drawing. The drafter who drew the drawings in the uniform manual would have got a D-

Fester

What can I do to coddle your grumpy old man syndrome away?  :D
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996