Source for leather name tags

Started by ELTHunter, December 19, 2006, 12:44:39 AM

MIKE

These are not the ASNP's you are looking for.
Mike Johnston

DNall

Da! выглядят для Federal'naya Sluzhba Bezopasnosti... Я означаю национальный штаб  ;)

Quote from: MIKE on December 20, 2006, 03:16:38 AM
How so? PM me on that, cause they look fine to me & the manufacture is great.

Monty

Quote from: DNall on December 20, 2006, 04:42:05 AM
Da! выглядят для Federal'naya Sluzhba Bezopasnosti... Я означаю национальный штаб  ;)

Wow.....and I thought I was the only Russian-speaking feller on these CAP boards....  I'm in good company?

Отлично........и круто!

DNall

Спасибо я подумал было довольно забавно  ;D

Just a very little. Use the handy translator site for minor details like stringing words together. Much better with French, and I can do the contractor version of Spanish.

MIKE

An attempt at humor apparently lost on DNall.
Mike Johnston

pixelwonk

Move alo
Quote from: MIKE on December 20, 2006, 02:43:39 PM

An attempt at humor apparently lost on DNall.
Doh! Move along...

DNall

sorry, midst of sending all those PMs I didn't see the 'using the force on you' hand motion.  :D

CAPLAW

do they make ground team badge leather tags? I would like to get one made for my flight bag. :)

MIKE

Mike Johnston

SJFedor

Should be, but it isn't.

Who wants to run with that ball and send it up the chain?

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Trung Si Ma

Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

DNall

Quote from: CAPLAW on December 22, 2006, 09:57:13 PM
Quote from: MIKE on December 22, 2006, 10:28:27 PM
do they make ground team badge leather tags? I would like to get one made for my flight bag. :)
Not authorized.
You can do what you want on a flight bag, might get some argument on flight suit. The reg isn't crystal clear on this, nor is the AFI for that matter.

SJFedor

When I become National Commander, all regs will be written to be understood at a 3rd grade level.

Most of which will consist of a list of things you can do, followed by a statement saying if it ain't on the list, you're not doing it.

That way, no confusion.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

DNall

How about adding a standing cmte who's job it is to keep CAP regs updated to AF standards, and/or a statement in the reg saying it's bound by AFI xxx.

We get issues on a few things, especially uniforms, where the CAP reg is both  very outdated and so horribly written that you literally can't figure out what's supposed to be done... so who else are you going to look to but the way the AF does it? We also get issues where you follow the CAP reg & when AF people see you doing it they think you made a serious mistake & try to help you understand the right way (seen that on the 4 badge thing a couple times).

MIKE

Quote from: DNall on December 22, 2006, 11:08:25 PM
Quote from: CAPLAW on December 22, 2006, 09:57:13 PM
Quote from: MIKE on December 22, 2006, 10:28:27 PM
Not authorized.
You can do what you want on a flight bag, might get some argument on flight suit. The reg isn't crystal clear on this, nor is the AFI for that matter.

Flight suit, AKA bag = flight bag... meh.  ???
Mike Johnston

DNall

He said leather tags too. I think he actually meant a bag rather than flt suit. I don't know what the rule is on the blue utility jumpsuit that I guess is still authroized.

CAPLAW

I hope CAP cant dictate what I put on my flight bag. Never could find flight bag in 39-1. Being an I.G I have spent some time reading it to clarify uniform issues to other officers and cadets.

DrJbdm

Can ya'll PM me about the site for getting leather wings? Thanks.

Nav8tor

Please PM me the info as well.

Thanks.

Nick Critelli