Main Menu

How about....

Started by Slim, April 13, 2009, 01:43:01 AM

Slim

A "First unread post" option?  Like what they have at CS and many other forums. 

That way, when following a thread, when you return all you have to do is click the button and go right to the first new post since your last visit.

Slim

Stonewall

Isn't that what the "Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts" links at the top of the screen are for?  I could be wrong, but that's what I use.
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

You know, this thing...
Serving since 1987.

MIKE

Some browsers might not support the first unread thing... My PSP doesn't.
Mike Johnston

Eclipse

I use "Show unread posts since last visit", then just click the last page of the respective post.

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

If you click on new it will take you to the first unread.
Mike Johnston

Slim

Quote from: Stonewall on April 13, 2009, 01:49:05 AM
You know, this thing...

I use "Show new posts since last visit".  What that brings up is a list of all threads with new posts.

If I click "Show new replies to your posts", that just brings up a list of threads that I've posted in.

What I'm referring to is in each thread, a link to the first unread post in that thread.

I'm using Firefox 3.0.8, which supports this on every other forum board I visit (with the exception of military.com, which I don't visit nearly enough to be bothered).

It's getting to be a pain to have to scroll through all of the posts I've already read to find the new stuff.  It's also handy if you haven't been on the board in a couple of days.

Slim

SarDragon

And if you click the little blue "new" graphic at the end of the thread title, it will take you to the first unread post in the thread.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Slim

Gotcha, just figured out what Mike was talking about.

Slim

SarDragon

That's OK. You keep ridin' those bombs, and we'll keep on keeping you out of trouble.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret