Main Menu

NCASE 2010

Started by ascorbate, November 03, 2009, 05:38:21 PM

ascorbate

Anyone know of any info (eg. dates, place, etc) regarding NCASE 2010?

http://www.ncase.info only contains dated info from 2008!
Dr. Mark A. Kukucka, Lt Col, CAP
Missions Directorate (A7), MD-001
Carl A. Spaatz Award #569
Gill Robb Wilson Award #3004

SarDragon

The last I heard, NCASE had died on the vine, due to funding issues.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

heliodoc

^^^

IF that is the case, then it is a true disservice that NHQ, once again shows the real importance to AE

MAYBE if NHQ has the cajones.... They will allow State DOT Teacher Aero Ed programs as a replacement for NCASE due to their lack of planning or being able to have  NCASE at a Regional level rather than a Natl level.

Gotta funnel that member money somehow from real true educational AE missions to support the lame and lazy online tests and support equipment for everything for CAP to come in to the 21st Century.

IF this the case, this shows the support AE has.

SarDragon

That's a little harsh. NCASE isn't a CAP event, it's an event sponsored in part by CAP. If you check out the page, you'll see all the other folks who also pump money into the event. Given the state of the economy, it's not surpirising that the event has financial woes.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

heliodoc

Granted, it IS a little harsh, Dave.

But like you said and we all can confirm... the economy.

Sponsored in part by CAP, granted. But where does it say NCASE is a money maker?  CAP ought not worry about how much money it puts in......... we all know how much they spend on other things...why not this and why worry.

Again.. NHQ ought to let State Aeronautics do the mission and accredit it if this is the problem !!!

jimmydeanno

Quote from: heliodoc on November 04, 2009, 01:14:11 AM
IF that is the case, then it is a true disservice that NHQ, once again shows the real importance to AE

I don't know how you can make that assumption.  NCASE serviced a very limited amount of beneficiaries for the amount of money we put into it. 

I'm sure someone did some sort of cost benefit analysis and determined that we could spend that portion of the AE budget on a greater number of beneficiaries (like cadets), offer more support to local units in terms of resources, etc.

When NHQ was dumping money into our BUSCH car, people were complaining it was a waste of money and that they could have used the money in a different area and got a better result.

I think the AE program has made some great strides in the last few years.  There's more materials, more support and more programs available than ever before.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

heliodoc

^^^
OK jimmydeanno,

I 'll try to make less assumptions.

I attended my States' Aero Ed for teachers symposium for 3 days this past June.

I am making an assumption here....we made model airplanes in the classroom just like NCASE, etc everything else aero ed just like NCASE,

Sure, CAP has more materials and programs.  Great strides, yes......But CAP has been trying to pair up with others for funding as welll as education and what school district does not.

I feel and  think CAP ought to work MORE with DOT Aeronautics and I am sure some already do.

But instead then, of worrying about NCASE and its future....  CAP ought let accreditation go through the Aero Dept of each State.

The school districts of the State I am in have all MOU's in place for these teacher symposiums, and I felt my presence for my Squadron was /is beneficial for the community.  Again CAP, ought to work with the real communities leaders with CREDENTIALS and a credentialing system, and allow these types of symposiums to be credited towards CAP operations.

CAP does not have to OWN everything nor does it have to re invent the wheel when it comes to teachers teaching science and aero education.  CAP is merely supporting these operations with selected CAP materials in conjunction with already established education guidelines.

It's easy to hand out the materials from Maxwell, it is quite another thing to set things up and teach the cadets AND Seniors.  I know, I did the AEX program this year....my experience for what is / was worth..

CAP cadets and Seniors NEEEEEED a lot more education.....lotta nasty test score out there and plenty-o- SM's out there that I have encouraged to take the AEPSM after all the AEX classes have not even taken the test even after some of the AEX presentations and hands on activities.

Worst offenders ...... CAP SM who are pilots or are wannabe Form 5 pilots....still working on those folks  for AEPSM (Yeager)

Again its is easy to hand out the materials.... its another to get it set up and moving smoothly.

Wasn't NCASE supposed to be end all of CAP Specialty Track 215 for attaining the Aero Ed Master rating??

There is where the dis service will be...  what will replace NCASE??  I better call NHQ and see if my State Teachers Aero Ed Symposium will suffice for the Master rating.  CAP NHQ probably ought better have a good explanation why it would not. 

SarDragon

Why are you putting so much blame on CAP? They are a Silver level sponsor, with a 2008 contribution of $5000 - $9999. That's out of a total budget somewhere around (SWAG) $125,000. Here is the sponsor info for 2008. There are 16, two of which gave at least $25,000 each. That's 40% right there. Everyone does what they can, and if the money's not there, it isn't there.

I'm not grasping your point here. Help me out.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret