Aerospace: Journey of flight (Question)

Started by FNelson, April 26, 2019, 03:57:59 AM

FNelson

I promoted to C/2d Lt on 28 March 2019 and I had assumed that NHQ would send me a copy of Aerospace: Journey of flight that I need for my future AE tests. Do I need to to buy one from vanguard or does it just take a while for it to arrive (it has now been almost a full month). If NHQ did send one me one and there was a error in the shipping process is there a way to contact NHQ to get another one sent to me?
C/2d Lt. Forest Nelson
Santa Fe Composite Squadron "Flying Tigers"
"A legacy of Honor"

MSG Mac

Until you receive your books, you can download the material from the Cadet Library under the CAP members page.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

coudano

Yup as the cadet library will guide you,
these are actually downloadable by chapter in E-services

OldGuy

True story - awarded my Mitchell in the summer of 1976, received my Aerospace: Journey of flight  and congratulations package the summer of 2018! (It appears that getting my somewhat tattered Mitchell into e-Services triggered something. Great textbook, btw!)

MSG Mac

Quote from: OldGuy on April 27, 2019, 02:36:19 AM
True story - awarded my Mitchell in the summer of 1976, received my Aerospace: Journey of flight  and congratulations package the summer of 2018! (It appears that getting my somewhat tattered Mitchell into e-Services triggered something. Great textbook, btw!)

Use it to get your Yeager Award
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

OldGuy

Quote from: MSG Mac on April 27, 2019, 03:43:05 AM
Quote from: OldGuy on April 27, 2019, 02:36:19 AM

Use it to get your Yeager Award
In progress. :)

PHall

Anybody who has earned their Mitchell should be able to take and pass the Yeager on the first attempt no problem.

etodd

Quote from: PHall on April 28, 2019, 12:50:36 AM
Anybody who has earned their Mitchell should be able to take and pass the Yeager on the first attempt no problem.

Well its an online "open book" test ... so who can fail?
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

SarDragon

Quote from: etodd on April 28, 2019, 02:13:13 AM

I took it closed book, cold, on a 36yo Mitchell, and had no trouble with it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on April 28, 2019, 03:25:10 AM

I took it closed book, cold, on a 36yo Mitchell, and had no trouble with it.

Same deal with me, took it cold and got an 85.

Back then etodd it wasn't an open book test.

SarDragon

I took mine just before the online version came out (2003) and open-book was optional. I don't remember my score.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Mitchell 1969

I took it with benefit of an ancient Mitchell, cold, no look ups. Passed on the first try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

MSG Mac

Took it in 1983, when it first came out. National would send an 11x17 certificate and small card to carry in your wallet.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

ColonelJack

Quote from: MSG Mac on April 28, 2019, 07:17:49 AM
Took it in 1983, when it first came out. National would send an 11x17 certificate and small card to carry in your wallet.

Yours is like mine, then ... so old it doesn't even have Gen. Yeager's name on it.  Just "Aerospace Education Program for Senior Members."

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia