Main Menu

CAP Business Cards

Started by Lloyd Bumanglag Capt,CAP, September 23, 2008, 05:50:46 PM

elipod

Quote from: Eclipse on April 21, 2011, 11:06:22 PM
I wonder how many dress shirts and pants have been ruined when those things run...

Where is the actual information that is supposed to be on a business card?

Either I have the info on the back of the card, or try to incorporate it into the front of the card.
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"

EMT-83

Kinda defeats the purpose of a business card. It should present the facts in a clear, professional manner instead of looking like an art project.

Eclipse

Heh - this guy disagrees:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk

BTW, this thing goes right into the circle file after I enter his number in my contacts, assuming I keep it at all, since it probably wouldn't fit in
my pocket.

People don't keep business cards in files or Roledex's anymore, so making them works of art, especially when you aren't "selling" anything,
doesn't really serve much purpose.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Quote from: Eclipse on April 20, 2011, 01:50:41 PM
Why would you hand anyone a CAP business card for any reason other than official business?
Many moons ago, many gents had the symbols of the various organizations they were members of or supported along the bottom of their business cards. It would not have been uncommon to see a line of small symbols from Knights of Columbus, Rotary, Optimists, CAP, Masons, etc on the cards. Not a common practice any more.

elipod

Quote from: EMT-83 on April 22, 2011, 02:27:14 PM
Kinda defeats the purpose of a business card. It should present the facts in a clear, professional manner instead of looking like an art project.

Really? Yes, it should present in in a professional manner, but who says we cant have fun? :P

Personally, the flashy cards are the ones I remember. And if I remember the card, I will remember the person too.

Eclipse

Quote from: elipod on April 22, 2011, 02:52:18 PM
Personally, the flashy cards are the ones I remember. And if I remember the card, I will remember the person too.

Yes, that is a salient point in marketing.  CAP isn't marketing.  For what we offer we are the only game in town.

This is akin to the local PD or FD hoping you will "...choose them for all your law enforcement or fire suppression needs..."

Not having a business card when needed is unprofessional, but having one that is too flashy for the intention may work against
your purpose.

"That Others May Zoom"

elipod

Quote from: Eclipse on April 22, 2011, 03:09:45 PM
Not having a business card when needed is unprofessional, but having one that is too flashy for the intention may work against
your purpose.

I'm willing to accept that you have a point there. :P

ES Ninja

I must disagree. We DO need to market - we are a VOLUNTEER organization. Any way we can get people to remember who we are, what we stand for, and how to contact us, is fair game. Yes, we shouldn't go overboard, but there's no harm in flashy business cards.
Sierra Larson, C/Lt Col, CAP
NCWG CAC Vice Chair
South Charlotte Cadet Squadron

4fhoward

Japanese Business card etiquette.
I found this to be interesting.
http://www.linguist.com/services-japanese-card.htm